Author Topic: Perk transfer  (Read 1207 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Perk transfer
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 08:05:08 PM »
in the previous version of the thread, I liked the idea of a person with a lot of perks being able to post a mission and pay for everyone's perk plane.. IE : I'll pay 1000 perks for 6 guys to go up in 262's with me.... as long as I lose the perks as soon as mission launches, and the other guys have no way to keep the perks even if they land.  the points would have to be consumed, or all kinds of shenanigans could happen.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
pand transferring 5k for 1 month of premium would lead to so much vulching of friends that it would make ah go bankrupt.

semp
See point number 1.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »
in the previous version of the thread, I liked the idea of a person with a lot of perks being able to post a mission and pay for everyone's perk plane.. IE : I'll pay 1000 perks for 6 guys to go up in 262's with me.... as long as I lose the perks as soon as mission launches, and the other guys have no way to keep the perks even if they land.  the points would have to be consumed, or all kinds of shenanigans could happen.

Now THIS, I don't see too much of an issue with.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 08:24:49 PM »
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 09:23:14 PM »
Is this everquest?
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 11:19:35 PM »
See point number 1.

go to midway or early war with a x5 multiplier see how long it takes you to get 100 perks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 11:33:56 PM »
Sounds like someone is trying to make up for the perks they lost when that storch shot down their 262.  :ahand

I like Pand's and Kvuo75's idea, I also heard Snailman say  in another thread that perks could possibly be given away randomly. I think that if done right, all three could be a good solution.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »

I see lots of players that have been around for years and not having enough perks to even fly a zero (sarcasm intended).  the funniest thing I ever heard was when some long time player proudly announced that he had gotten over 60 perks in one flight.  when I asked him how many perks he had, he replied 60  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl.

and these are the guys you want to transfer perks to?  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

semp

No - the guys I want to transfer perks to are the newbies in our squad that we might want to bring along on B-29 or Ar-234 raids.  These activities are quite likely to result in loss of bomber perks in a big way (especially if you take a formation).  Not everybody is up for blowing 200-400 bomber perks on a strat mission since we are likely to be facing a load of 163s when we get there. 

Allowing players to designate a percentage of their perks to a "squad pool" on an ongoing basis will just make squad nights better.   We aren't trying to sell perks or anything, and frankly I would think that if you had to buy perks you would probably be likely to lose them pretty fast anyway.  Yes, of course we could just train them in the art of perk farming - but I find the best time I have in AH is on squad nite or FSO, where we have all our guys on flying together trying for a single shared objective.   I'm just saying that I would be happy to contribute perks to the squad in furtherance of our squad nite objectives. 

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:59:39 PM by EagleDNY »

Offline Eric19

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »
No - the guys I want to transfer perks to are the newbies in our squad that we might want to bring along on B-29 or Ar-234 raids.  These activities are quite likely to result in loss of bomber perks in a big way (especially if you take a formation).  Not everybody is up for blowing 200-400 bomber perks on a strat mission since we are likely to be facing a load of 163s when we get there. 

Allowing players to designate a percentage of their perks to a "squad pool" on an ongoing basis will just make squad nights better.   We aren't trying to sell perks or anything, and frankly I would think that if you had to buy perks you would probably be likely to lose them pretty fast anyway.  Yes, of course we could just train them in the art of perk farming - but I find the best time I have in AH is on squad nite or FSO, where we have all our guys on flying together trying for a single shared objective.   I'm just saying that I would be happy to contribute perks to the squad in furtherance of our squad nite objectives. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I totally agree on this it would help the new members of the squad to learn to fly a perk ride without spending there perks and in the company of one or two of there squaddies of course lol
Proud member of the 91ST BG (H) The Ragged Irregulars

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »
Or if someone pressures you(google) into getting into a 262 only to lawndart l, said peep should foot the bill :devil
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 04:04:39 AM »
The average player (2 weekers omitted!) makes something like 2-3 perks per hour. Really good, significantly above average player can make 8-9 per hour in fighter mode in the long run. And yes, that's including the occasional "30 perks in one sortie!"
That is because they are flying P51s and Spit16s and at best get 1 perk per kill of another P51/spit16. If on the other hand they flew 30-40 ENY planes, the'll get 6-8 perks per kill of the abundant 5 ENY planes. Even if not able to land the kills, they still make more perks. Some 20-30 ENY planes are very capable fighters, not much inferior at all to the La7/P51/Spit16. Even among the 30-40 ENY you can find some competitive rides. If anyone is interested in perks he must get out of the ENY 5 rides.

Bomber perks are dirty cheap.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 04:18:42 AM »
That is because they are flying P51s and Spit16s and at best get 1 perk per kill of another P51/spit16. If on the other hand they flew 30-40 ENY planes, the'll get 6-8 perks per kill of the abundant 5 ENY planes. Even if not able to land the kills, they still make more perks. Some 20-30 ENY planes

Sorry, but no, not really.

First, the average number of perks/h I gave includes already a quite high percentage of higher ENY fighters being flown. It's not that everybody or even the majority is flying the P-51 all the time. The 'average' ENY fighter's flown is much higher than 5, more like 12-15 (would have to check the current status), and this is how the 2-3 perks are created. If a individual player would actually fly only D-Ponies, the number would be even lower!

Second, there is a limit the average player can do with very high ENY planes. While it's true that flying an ENY 30 plane will get 3 times as much perks for a single kill than flying an ENY 10 plane and indeed not getting home to land them only cuts your earnings down by 20%, it may be even more harder to get any kills in the first place. For the average player, this can more than offset the increased rate of perks being earned. Concentration on killing ENY 5 planes in high ENY rides sounds easy, for the great majority of players it is absolutely not.

Just as a general statement: The skill level, luck and success rate of the "average" players is often very much overrated by us relatively few "vets".
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 06:25:05 AM »
Sorry, but no, not really.

First, the average number of perks/h I gave includes already a quite high percentage of higher ENY fighters being flown. It's not that everybody or even the majority is flying the P-51 all the time. The 'average' ENY fighter's flown is much higher than 5, more like 12-15 (would have to check the current status), and this is how the 2-3 perks are created. If a individual player would actually fly only D-Ponies, the number would be even lower!
The bold faced text is the point I was getting at.  An individual that cares about perks should fly an average or higher ENY planes. Of course, if many players care about perks and take my advice it will just raise the mean ENY. Also, I suspect (just a hunch) that there is a difference between the mean and median ENY - if 9 players fly an ENY 5 planes and just one flies ENY 40 plane, the mean ENY is 8.5. Just 1 out of 10 players has had a significant relative impact on the mean ENY (50% increase of the mean).
This is why I suspect that the mean may be 12-15, but the likelyhood of meeting ENY<12 plane are higher then 50%.

Second, there is a limit the average player can do with very high ENY planes. While it's true that flying an ENY 30 plane will get 3 times as much perks for a single kill than flying an ENY 10 plane and indeed not getting home to land them only cuts your earnings down by 20%, it may be even more harder to get any kills in the first place. For the average player, this can more than offset the increased rate of perks being earned. Concentration on killing ENY 5 planes in high ENY rides sounds easy, for the great majority of players it is absolutely not.
There are quite a number of very capable ENY 30 planes. Are they inferior to the ENY<10 planes? definitely, and this inferiority will be strongly felt if used for dueling. However, in MA furball environment, the impact on your kills/h will not drop it to 1/3 of what they can kill in ENY<10 planes. I dont want to name specific planes, because I don't remember the specific ENY values of most, but last I checked there were VERY good high ENY fighters out there. Just in relative ENY terms, I am sure that going changing La7/La5, or Spit16/Spit9, or P51D/P51B, or P47N/P47D11 or 190D/190A8 any player will get a significant boost in their perk gains over whatever they gain right now - including some reduction to their K/D.

This will be even more effective to noobs, because they get kill of opportunity more than by out-flying their opponents. For such kills, the 190A8 kills even better than 190D (just an example) and P47D11/25 kills just as well as P47N/M.

Then again, if everyone does this, the median ENY will rise and going high ENY will be less effective in absolute perks/h farming, but still better than flying ENY 5 plane.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 07:51:21 AM »
Also, I suspect (just a hunch) that there is a difference between the mean and median ENY - if 9 players fly an ENY 5 planes and just one flies ENY 40 plane, the mean ENY is 8.5. Just 1 out of 10 players has had a significant relative impact on the mean ENY (50% increase of the mean).
This is why I suspect that the mean may be 12-15, but the likelyhood of meeting ENY<12 plane are higher then 50%

Quite hunchy, that's not the way I determined that number. ;)  I determine that by analysing all kills in the arena in detail,
The average ENY of a plane/gv killed by fighters in 2012 was 12.5, the average ENY of the fighter gettign a kill was slightly above that.

On avg. ENY, see also http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,345669.msg4564520.html#msg4564520

I will also elaborate on average perk gain in that thread today.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:21:28 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 03:41:13 AM »
Perk Sponsored Missions are by far the best Idea I have seen on this subject.

Sponsoring, not transferring; we don't want a virtual economy here.

Maybe even a pool of sponsorship, so that anyone can throw perks into a mission to add to the collection to purchase said perk equipment. Lest we end up with missions headed by only a select few. Which, despite my weakness for collective charity, might work better? I dunno.