Author Topic: Perk transfer  (Read 1205 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk transfer
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 04:53:26 AM »
in the previous version of the thread, I liked the idea of a person with a lot of perks being able to post a mission and pay for everyone's perk plane.. IE : I'll pay 1000 perks for 6 guys to go up in 262's with me.... as long as I lose the perks as soon as mission launches, and the other guys have no way to keep the perks even if they land.  the points would have to be consumed, or all kinds of shenanigans could happen.

Perk Sponsored Missions are by far the best Idea I have seen on this subject.

Sponsoring, not transferring; we don't want a virtual economy here.

Now that is a great idea! and a good use of the huge pile of perks some vets have accumulated. The greatest thing about it is that it is appealing for new players in particular. All that is needed is to add in the mission planner a tick box that determines who pays the perks for perk planes in the mission - the planner or the player who joined.

I must emphasize the point of losing the perks even if the mission planes land. Veteran players desperately need a perk sink otherwise we will see a lot of 262 swarm missions, and because they are likely to land, such missions can be sustained for many sorties. The occasional 262/163/arado/MossXVI/B29 swarm can be hilarious, but it must cost a lot even for a veteran so we do not see them too often. In addition, since the points are already lost, new players can fly the planes without pressure.

Someone should post it on the wish forum.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 05:01:19 AM »
Well, why don't you post it bozon?  :P

I like the thought of it being a sink for the old vets, but the perk requirements to post even a couple high tiered missions in a row would destroy much hope in further missions if no perks are returned. I would say there should be a divider based on the number of players in a mission or allow other players to donate to the mission to share costs (like a checkbox or something like that: "I want to donate to this mission"). Either that, or you get the perks back for every landed plane.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:03:44 AM by Torquila »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 06:48:14 AM »
Now that is a great idea! and a good use of the huge pile of perks some vets have accumulated. The greatest thing about it is that it is appealing for new players in particular. All that is needed is to add in the mission planner a tick box that determines who pays the perks for perk planes in the mission - the planner or the player who joined.

I must emphasize the point of losing the perks even if the mission planes land. Veteran players desperately need a perk sink otherwise we will see a lot of 262 swarm missions, and because they are likely to land, such missions can be sustained for many sorties. The occasional 262/163/arado/MossXVI/B29 swarm can be hilarious, but it must cost a lot even for a veteran so we do not see them too often. In addition, since the points are already lost, new players can fly the planes without pressure.

sure a vet will post a mission for a bunch of new guys that cant take off in the plane to begin with.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 08:22:38 AM »

it was, in this thread :)

and was some months ago also.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »
sure a vet will post a mission for a bunch of new guys that cant take off in the plane to begin with.

semp
Very few will post a 262 mission for two weekers, though I can't rule it out just for the LULZ value of it. Heck, I can toss 10 262s if someone want to crash them for me. If someone asks me nicely I will post a 1 man mission just for him.

More likely it will be a squadron that organize a mission and want to include its junior members in the action. Some squadrons have a large number of newish players that cannot easily afford a 262 or B29, but are capable enough to get it off the runway (upwards, not to the sideways...).

it was, in this thread :)

and was some months ago also.
OK did not see the original thread.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs