Author Topic: 51 vs 51 knife fight real time from my perspective  (Read 443 times)

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
51 vs 51 knife fight real time from my perspective
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:05:47 PM »
Very fun fight and here is how I saw it Click here to view

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: 51 vs 51 knife fight real time from my perspective
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »
 :aok

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 03:23:04 AM »
TrackIR is a lovely thing.  ;)

Everyone should watch this. This is proof that the 51 CAN dogfight, you just have to use those things called "elevators" and "ailerons"  :D

:aok

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:18:48 AM »
The 51 is a beautiful bird and can stall fight like this with most birds. The run-stang thing is an insult to the PonyD.

Do you mind a couple thoughts on this excellent fight? In some of the early turns it seems you dropped your nose too low. I spoke with a US Navy fighter pilot who had some great advice. Basically, the fight is to see who can keep their nose in the air the longest. Whoever drops their nose first loses. With that sage advice from a Tomcat pilot when I get in these stall fights, vertical scissors I worked hard to not overcommit my nose low. Basically, I attempt to engage in a series of almost Immelmann after Immelmann, using flaps, WEP and constant nose up until the other guy stalls out, drops their nose. I will flat turn, flaps deployed, nose slightly elevated as the other guy comes up trying to get a firing solution on me. The flat turn allows me to build up speed for the next Immelmann and also helps burn my opponents E. He is coming up but rotating his nose trying to get a solution on my bird, which is moving from left to right or right to left. That movement burns his E by tempting him to change his vertical energy into a mix of vertical and horizontal, trying to move his nose with me. Most of the time not possible. He doesn't get a good shot, loses extra alt and stalls out quicker. Not always possible but what I work at.

Or I am just wrong. Great fight though!!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 04:31:04 PM »
All of my perspective films in other planes All my films here