Author Topic: 56th FG is recruiting  (Read 38289 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
56th FG is recruiting
« on: May 14, 2013, 11:03:45 AM »
We are looking for a few laid back folks to fly with. Below are the prerequisites.

1.  You have to play AH because you think it's fun.  Sometimes I wonder if some paying customers are really having fun:)

2.  You gotta like the P-47.  Not just to pork a base on a suicide mission.

3.  You can fly whatever you want in the MA, but when we happen to get together, we will fly a Jug.

4.  There is no planned squad night at this time.  Maybe in the future.

5.  You gotta have thick skin, and cursing on VOX is encouraged.

6.   Events:  I love them - especially when a jug is in the plan.  I hope members would try to attend - however, I understand life and time zones get in the way.

7.   Skill level doesn't matter.  See rule number 1.  However I bet you will get better flying with the 56th.

8.  That's about it.

Let me know if you are interested.

Ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: 56th FG is recruiting
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »

Good luck here!

Would be fantastic to see the 56th back in the skies, and formidable as ever!

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline jd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 11:49:59 AM »
which country do you currently fly and what hours of operation, generally?
 :saluteslipstrm
Current: Slipstrm

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »
which country do you currently fly and what hours of operation, generally?
 :saluteslipstrm

I am still feeling out the country thing.  I have flown Bishop and Knight and there are good folks in both.  Currently flying Knights.  I guess the country isn't a subject of contention for me, but the answer would be Knights.  Once we get a few members maybe we will take a vote to see which country we settle in so we can go pick on the other two.

There are only two of us right now.  Aztec is on the east coast and flies when he can.  I'm in Germany so I get to fly anywhere from 1830 to 2400 CET.  Weekends allow me to fly more flexible hours.

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 01:00:00 AM »
:airplane:
Do you have to fly the jug well, or just fly it to dogfight? I fly the jug 90% of the time, just not very successfully.

1. I fly Aces High because I normally have fun, with the occasional cursing when I get shot down.
2. I love the P47, despite my obvious lack of ability to fly and fight in the 7 ton milk jug
3. Meh, I still fly the P47, unless I just have the itch to do something stupid in the MA
4. Squad nights can be hard for me to attend, I live in eastern time zone and work third shift. I am online in the wee hours of the day
5. Thick skin: I work in a firehouse. You can try to offend me, but I doubt you will find a way
6. Events, I miss flying the events, which are currently during times I cannot make.
7. Skill level, this one is obvious
8. SFOX keeps telling me I need to find a good squad to learn from and become a SFOX and Shawk killer in the jug. Can you provide this?

:old:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:13:37 AM by eeyore »

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 10:26:49 AM »
We are looking for a few laid back folks to fly with. Below are the prerequisites.

1.  You have to play AH because you think it's fun.  Sometimes I wonder if some paying customers are really having fun:)

2.  You gotta like the P-47.  Not just to pork a base on a suicide mission.

3.  You can fly whatever you want in the MA, but when we happen to get together, we will fly a Jug.

4.  There is no planned squad night at this time.  Maybe in the future.

5.  You gotta have thick skin, and cursing on VOX is encouraged.

6.   Events:  I love them - especially when a jug is in the plan.  I hope members would try to attend - however, I understand life and time zones get in the way.

7.   Skill level doesn't matter.  See rule number 1.  However I bet you will get better flying with the 56th.

8.  That's about it.

Let me know if you are interested.

Ammo

Hey, ammo, working up a website? I'm devoted to VF-17 but I'd be glad to help with pointers for a WIX driven one.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »
Hey, ammo, working up a website? I'm devoted to VF-17 but I'd be glad to help with pointers for a WIX driven one.

Arlo - I will eventually!  And I appreciate the offer and will take you up on it.

Ammo

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 10:46:13 AM »
:airplane:
Do you have to fly the jug well, or just fly it to dogfight? I fly the jug 90% of the time, just not very successfully.

1. I fly Aces High because I normally have fun, with the occasional cursing when I get shot down.
2. I love the P47, despite my obvious lack of ability to fly and fight in the 7 ton milk jug
3. Meh, I still fly the P47, unless I just have the itch to do something stupid in the MA
4. Squad nights can be hard for me to attend, I live in eastern time zone and work third shift. I am online in the wee hours of the day
5. Thick skin: I work in a firehouse. You can try to offend me, but I doubt you will find a way
6. Events, I miss flying the events, which are currently during times I cannot make.
7. Skill level, this one is obvious
8. SFOX keeps telling me I need to find a good squad to learn from and become a SFOX and Shawk killer in the jug. Can you provide this?

:old:

It sounds like you would be a good fit.  One thing - there are only two of us right now (unless I can talk Nomde, Frenchy, and Pollock to return).  Which means you will probably fly with Aztec or by yourself during the week.  During the weekend, we will be able to hook up.  But as we grow, that will change!

Like I said, skill level isn't important to me - shat, I suck right now myself.  I guess AH isn't like riding a bike.  I used to be pretty darn good in 2004, but can't seem to get in my groove now:) 

When get together, our P-47's will be feared:)  Let me know when your available  - Saturday night will probably be the next best time for us to hook up.  I'm tuned to VOX 156.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 11:09:48 AM »
Also wanted to share the 56th FG's website that Nomde created.

http://56fg.net/index.htm

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »
Eeyore, I fly around 1pm to 6pm Eastern....if you're on at those times look me up :salute

BTW I do fly some in the am but infrequently.

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 06:55:19 PM »
Thanks aztec, unfortunately due to my schedule I am asleep for most of those hours (though stranger things have happened). I'll look for you if I'm on in the afternoons.  :salute

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Best part is "cursing is encouraged"

good luck on the squad :aok

In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06:03 AM »
Not enough room for two jug squds in the MA. I'm in but I'd rather not fly Bish on a regular basis.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 04:11:17 AM »
ooooohhhh the 56th is reforming :)
P47s were not big enough for me so after the old 56th disbanded I have moved to mosquitoes.

Anyway, if there are any P-47 players out there that want to have fun and learn how to fly their Jugs past the limits, this squadron will be THE place to do it. I really enjoyed my time in a superb P-47 squadron.

If you do choose to fly bish or knight and come across a rook moss6, just ru... errr.. I mean just fly straight and level... yes, and slow down a bit.

:aok
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »
Not enough room for two jug squds in the MA. I'm in but I'd rather not fly Bish on a regular basis.

I don't care what country we fly for:)  That is up for a majority vote as far as I'm concerned.  I have enjoyed my last few weeks as a knight - always seem to be the underdog (more targets) and the people seem genuine.  Even thought the Knights seem to be the most unorganized for the "war effort".  Bunch of good sticks though!

Next time I see you in the MA, I'll send you an invite.  It'll be good to have a great P-47 stick in the squad!