Author Topic: Worst Map In the Game  (Read 1574 times)

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
Worst Map In the Game
« on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:44 PM »
Well, about 2 hours into this map and the Knights have no usable V bases, so our GV'ers are pretty much out of the game, and almost no place to up a plane safely.  These little maps suck.

Will try to find something to do on this map but will probably log off for the night.  Keep making more of these stupid little maps HTC and I'll cancel my subscription.
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Worst Map In the Game
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »
I logged in, seen the horde and logged out.
JG 52

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 11:42:32 PM »
Keep making more of these stupid little maps HTC and I'll cancel my subscription.
see yuh, don't let the door hit ya...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »
see yuh, don't let the door hit ya...

O'Club finally let you out Gyrene?  :neener:

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 11:46:53 PM »
Just took a look and now the Rooks and Bish aren't even fighting each other - both crushing the Knights.  It will get even more fun when we're down to just 3 bases...great gaming experience.
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:12 PM »
Just took a look and now the Rooks and Bish aren't even fighting each other - both crushing the Knights.  It will get even more fun when we're down to just 3 bases...great gaming experience.

Not true! I'm a faithful bish and I'll kill lots of rooks. Wiat I'm knight :bhead
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 11:50:00 PM »
Well, about 2 hours into this map and the Knights have no usable V bases, so our GV'ers are pretty much out of the game, and almost no place to up a plane safely.  These little maps suck.

Will try to find something to do on this map but will probably log off for the night.  Keep making more of these stupid little maps HTC and I'll cancel my subscription.

I agree however, it is not a very fun map. Is there a way to make the E6B map better through personal creation outside of game? or would it need to be sent to HTC for approval and then added to game? I am not talking about the maps of towns and bases.. I am only referring to the main map or "world" map. I would willingly put in my own time to create better looking and more user friendly e6b world maps if other people saw a need as well.  :salute

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 11:51:08 PM »
You could always switch countries. Oh no wait, you probably have one of those silly chess piece loyalty hang ups.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 11:53:31 PM »
Rooks won the map, you're welcome.  :aok

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 12:24:38 AM »

wrong.. im still flying in it.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 12:25:20 AM »
He meNs the map after that one
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 01:19:35 AM »
Keep making more of these stupid little maps HTC and I'll cancel my subscription.

I know you're kind of new, but threats won't get you far.

Also, those are the kinds of maps I like, up a 262 (or if you don't have the perks Tempest or 152) from a base back and go kill the horde :aok

I did this regularly when I played, got 20-30+ killstreaks on the mindless hordelings more times than I can count.

Chill out, have fun, learn ways around stuff you don't like (like trying to up a 190 or something from a totally capped base)... Up from a base or two back and get alt and kill the horde.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 02:14:02 AM »
You could always switch countries. Oh no wait, you probably have one of those silly chess piece loyalty hang ups.

I would, but I don't speak foreign languages, just Knight  :P  Plus, I would be labeled a spy  :O 
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 02:16:26 AM »

Chill out, have fun, learn ways around stuff you don't like

Good advice.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 02:28:33 AM »

Hi RedBull,

Actually, I'm kind of old and started playing video games 40 years ago when Pong came out in the bowling alleys  :lol

And not a threat, just one vote from one paying customer.  If I had hit this map during my 2 week free trial I probably wouldn't have logged back on after my first night.

But to each his own.  I've heard Trinity was fantastic.  Maybe they could replace this map with Trinity?  Just worried there might be more maps like this one to come in the future which I think is in the wrong direction.
Manfred von Richthofen