Author Topic: Worst Map In the Game  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Worst Map In the Game
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
But to each his own.  I've heard Trinity was fantastic.  Maybe they could replace this map with Trinity?  Just worried there might be more maps like this one to come in the future which I think is in the wrong direction.

Trinity was a map that never should of been allowed in MA rotation it was so "bad" (no free-style gameplay, buggy and lop-sided).  The GVers who "fantasized" about Trinity have still not passed kindergarten or they'd finaly realise and get-over the failed math of two good GV spawns/battles on the map, with three coutnries.  Jury is still out if it's their utter lack of basic math or sharing skills....

Your OP alone rests your forcasted perspective for Trinity - particularly in how disgusted you were at being deprived of any fights/GV-bases, being left out of the only good fights (because your country didn't luckily/randomly get to decide it starts the map with base Y and spawn X - it's "random"), forced to play and participate on teh map further in a way you don't want to.

Why, I'd almost wager a bet you'd be on here typing a novela the second you try and go elsehwere on Trinity but find it take 3-4 sectors of flight to a large field that has the capturable town so close to it that it's covered under 95% of the the field's auto-ack.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2013, 05:56:47 PM »
Trinity was a map that never should of been allowed in MA rotation it was so "bad" (no free-style gameplay, buggy and lop-sided).  The GVers who "fantasized" about Trinity have still not passed kindergarten or they'd finaly realise and get-over the failed math of two good GV spawns/battles on the map, with three coutnries.  Jury is still out if it's their utter lack of basic math or sharing skills....

Your OP alone rests your forcasted perspective for Trinity - particularly in how disgusted you were at being deprived of any fights/GV-bases, being left out of the only good fights (because your country didn't luckily/randomly get to decide it starts the map with base Y and spawn X - it's "random"), forced to play and participate on teh map further in a way you don't want to.

Why, I'd almost wager a bet you'd be on here typing a novela the second you try and go elsehwere on Trinity but find it take 3-4 sectors of flight to a large field that has the capturable town so close to it that it's covered under 95% of the the field's auto-ack.
I had more fun on trinity every time I played it than any other map in hame  :huh

Whether I was GV'ing or flying...I think you just looked in the wrong places :)

Nothing beats GV'ing at 135 for awhile until they get angry enough to up heavy jugs, then bringing a fighter and owning all the bomb tards in the canyons!

Even when I got the side without 135 I had tons of fun and found fights etc :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2013, 06:04:19 PM »
Also, since I think people (Rebull) don't know how broken Trinity was, they should see what degree/standard is expected of a map to be included in the MA map rotation:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,209609.0.html
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,176625

Personaly, I thought it was a huge insult to other maps/map-makers but only an inconvenience to us players "stuck" playing on it who didn't like it.  The bar/standard was set way up there for a map to get a chance to see the MAs, yet there was Trinity.

Redbull, I'm assuming you're OK with fighting hordes all night as I am.  This was never a problem on Trinity.  For the 50% that wanted to avoid the furballs (one in each "armpit"), without flying for more than 3-4 sectors, and you get the one country shafted on fun V-spawns, what were your choices?  What choices did you make?

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 06:08:03 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2013, 06:09:36 PM »
Again, I repeat and STRESS.

Jury is still out if it's their utter lack of basic math or sharing skills....

-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 09:41:04 AM »

NB made that map, and when it was first out years ago game play was different than it is now. The map was a challenge to break into the other country to get a foot hold/beach head and then expand on it. GV battles were done in the crater at "Tank Town" and for the most part left to their own (yes a buff would show up now and then to try and take the fun away, but not that often).

Today the skilless hordes have trouble navigating the canyons and /or don't have the time to climb to alt BEFORE trying to cross the mountains so they fail. This leaves only the "sea" fronts open and we all know how many skilled carrier drivers we have playing the game  :rolleyes: So those action don't last very long either. The Vtard NOEs were notorious for hitting beach front property as it was the only way they could fight any how. And of course there was A1, the sustained furball and GV camp spot.

I think the map was removed because it was a static map, it never showed much movement in the lines and so was always the same fight. The GV fight at 135, and A1 (sometimes the A10 battle on the side of the mountain), A5, A100, and A40 were the 3 beach front areas for furballs and NOBODY fought in tank town.

Game play style killed that map far more than any builder design flaws. A "big" thumbs up for NB for putting the time and effort into building us a map that for years was a fun place to play!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2013, 10:56:37 AM »
I'd love to see Trinity and AKPizza maps back in play. Green stamp and Mindinao make me  :bhead

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »
Maps don't make gameplay suck.  Players make gameplay suck.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »
Maps don't make gameplay suck.  Players make gameplay suck.

Damn Strait !!!

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2013, 12:32:56 PM »
With all the complaints about maps. and the small sucky ones in particular.

Consider that the next time you (players in general) are in a rush to "win the war" while on the better maps.

Personally. I'd like to see each map just stay up for 2 days. If the map gets reset during that time. the same map comes up until the two days are up. Then everyone get to have their favorite map up and play on their favorite map for two days. And only has ot deal with maps they dont like for 2 days.

Personally I find it annoying to log on, see a map I really like. only to see the "war is won by **** the map will reset in.." 15 minutes after I logged on.
Or see a map I dont like such as was the case with Trinity and know that if I want to play Im going ot be stuck with that map for a week.

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2013, 01:27:05 PM »
Those small maps are awesome. Where else can you up at one base and fight the 2 other countries!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »
Well, about 2 hours into this map and the Knights have no usable V bases, so our GV'ers are pretty much out of the game, and almost no place to up a plane safely.  These little maps suck.

Will try to find something to do on this map but will probably log off for the night.  Keep making more of these stupid little maps HTC and I'll cancel my subscription.

yeah, you wont be around long. Goofy kids
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »
Is there any way to see Trinity? I've heard it discussed before this thread. Curious to see it now. Come to think of it, do any of the maps exist as a simple graphic outside the game? Where you can just see the land masses and where the bases are located?
Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline Wizard

• Zinc Member
      • VF-17 The Jolly Rogers
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »
Is there any way to see Trinity? I've heard it discussed before this thread. Curious to see it now. Come to think of it, do any of the maps exist as a simple graphic outside the game? Where you can just see the land masses and where the bases are located?
Tex78

Tex... I checked and it's available to me as a map for offline play or to create a custom arena using it.   Not sure if that is the same for everyone though...
Wizard

VF-17 "Jolly Rogers" www.thejollyrogers.net

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2013, 05:48:03 PM »
Is there any way to see Trinity? I've heard it discussed before this thread. Curious to see it now. Come to think of it, do any of the maps exist as a simple graphic outside the game?

Slideshow with 13 terrains. All but one (Trinity) are in the current rotation, only CraterMA (most recent addition) is missing.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2013, 06:59:26 PM »
And 

Trinityis the only map where peeps have tried to bomb tard a panther and got away with 60 kills.

I'd see trinity and crap my pants due to sheer hapiness. Maybe only us young folks likeed it
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle