Author Topic: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  (Read 155 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« on: May 20, 2013, 01:18:29 PM »
Anyone else interested in seeing how this does? I think it's a VERY intriguing opportunity by Disney/Marvel. Yes, there's been TV spinoffs of films (and vice-versa) in the past, but I can't recall one that's been directly connected to an ongoing parent franchise in the same way as this would be. It would be ESPECIALLY cool if they're able to bring in characters like Fury, Thor, Black Widow and Iron Man for the occasional guest spot.

I'd actually love to see Fox do something similar with the X-Men franchise. A live-action TV series would be a great way to build up interest in some of the less familiar characters before bringing them into the films. X-23 especially would be a great character for a weekly hour-long series.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »
seriously? well i guess it was inevitable...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 01:40:31 PM »
Clark Gregg will be reprising his role as Coulson...somehow (it's a comicbook show, death is a revolving door).
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:41:14 PM »
something tells me that it's going to be as entertaining as wilfred...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 03:35:13 PM »
Joss Whedon is at the helm of this show...   :aok
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."