Author Topic: Somethings not right.  (Read 1254 times)

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
Somethings not right.
« on: May 23, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »
Does side imbalance effect plane performance or toughness? I can up a spit and be lucky to catch a cold unless I happen to dive on top of someone. Or up an LA7 and dive in an a P47 and they just fly away as if I were standing still.  :O :airplane:
Yet I up a Tempest and cruse along at about 13k :airplane:. check my 6 and see a co alt spit chasing after me :confused:. Thinking he cant catch me a continue to fly along :airplane:. Checking my 6 again I see the spit is now closing and also notice a co alt LA now joining the chase 4k behind the spit :huh. I keep watching and the spit 8 closes to 1k before I nose down and wep on :bolt:. I eventually start to pull away from the spit but the LA is still coming strong :headscratch:. LA finally closes to 600...all this time I'm in a wep on shallow dive...have to turn :joystick:...La overshoots Spit grabs an easy kill.   :bhead :bhead
I have heard many complaints about this before along with enemy planes who fly through field ack without as much as a scratch or dance around in puffy ack over a cv without as much as a scratch yet let us do it and watch us go boom. :bhead :bhead
Yea I should have filmed it but forgot to. Still doesn't make since. Feel as if ENY plays in to this.
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Somethings not right.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 12:26:12 PM »
Does side imbalance effect plane performance or toughness?  Feel as if ENY plays in to this.

Nope - ENY effects only the plane you can up. I've shot down P-47s with less then 50 rounds of twin 50 cal bullets. I've spent hundreds of rounds and not shoot down a P47. Its luck and where you hit.

Some spitfires I can rake with bullets, nothing, I get a decent burst in the wing, it can come off with little effort.
JG 52

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 12:26:24 PM »
Turn your RPM up, you eco friendly fuel saving crazy person  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 12:30:41 PM »
Turn your RPM up, you eco friendly fuel saving crazy person  :old:

Lol..was not in fuel saver mode
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »
Lol..was not in fuel saver mode

your doing it all wrong! :bhead

first off planes are supposed to only be at your 12

secondly, when flying the temp, first you pick, then you run, then you ho.

Thirdly always go to 100k. You'll live longerish
(yes that's a word. I just made it up) :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »
The old "how did he catch me" or "that move was impossible" complaint.  We've all been there and thought that a time or two I'm sure.  Usually 99.9% of the time, the .1 representing internet lag, these situations are easily explained by reviewing the film from incident.  I know for me personally, the odd time I've thought that something seemed impossible or strange, it's nearly always been a case of lack of situational awareness.  I.E. - I just didn't see the aircraft in question start his dive, or whatever, and when I eventually did pick him up visually, it seemed strange for X or Y type of plane to be moving so quickly. 

Again, I don't think it can be repeated enough, if you have a moment of WTF-ness, look at the film, and put yourself in your enemies point of view as well, PRIOR to making a wah-post about it on the BBS.

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 02:10:08 PM »
I leave auto-film on all the time. This has saved me from always thinking the other guy is cheating or something unfair has happened to my plane. Having auto-film on only means that I have to make a click after each flight (or sortie to include gvs, ships). One click to cancel the film or a click and type in film name if I am saving it for some reason.

I had a very similar thing happen to me about 6 weeks ago. I was flying a heavy P51. Dropped on a town and then pulled up to egress with wep on. An LA caught me and shot me down. Did he have a "magic" LA? Maybe. Did I make a turn early in the process that bled off just enough speed for him to catch me? Probably. Point is that I can review the film to see what I did to effect the situation. Or if I really think something was wrong and outside the parameters of normal fair game play, I can turn it in to HTC.

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »
did you check the wind? I think wind is off below 10k. So if you are at 13k and the cons had been below a headwind might be reducing your speed.

also.. even some very fast planes have poor acceleration.. so wings level with full power it can still take you quite awhile to be moving at a fast speed. If you had the con's at your six and dove down another 3-5k and then leveled with wep on I don't think they would catch you.. I'm guessing someone will tell me I'm wrong shortly though :)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 02:44:36 PM by BluBerry »

Offline dhaus

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 02:36:15 PM »
I don't film so I can blame my suckage on the weird and mysterious workings by the Cods of AH.  BTW, are these the same Cods from AW?  I blamed them for my suckage there as well.  They seem to be the same. 

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »
Must have film or it did not happen.  :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
if you change your name you no longer exist :old:
I'm a spit dweeb and thus, know nothing :old:
fixed a few typos there for ya bruh :neener:

and blue sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 04:19:39 PM »
fixed a few typos there for ya bruh :neener:

:)

:old: :airplane: :joystick:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »
Somethings not right... For a game where some say "EVERYONE runs from fights," it sounds like there's a whole lot of aggressive behavior going on. You boys start wearing leather chaps and playing a different game?  :huh
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »
Believe it or not being fast is also a matter of skill. You may need cleaner trajectories and be aware of nmies cutting through your turns  :old:

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 07:29:44 PM »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle