Author Topic: Monitors F/S (17" & 19")  (Read 496 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Monitors F/S (17" & 19")
« on: June 02, 2013, 08:02:19 PM »
I'm going to give 'em a week here before posting them to Ebay, in case anyone wants one at a slightly lowered price.  :)
Note: these are not monitors fit for gaming (unless you're desperate!). They are both several years old (5+) and were never good to begin with. However, for a secondary monitor/computer usage they work just fine.

19" Hanns-G / 4:3 / 1280x1024 / DVI & VGA connections

The Capacitors died on this about a year ago and just ~4 months ago I replaced them with high-quality caps and it has worked perfectly since. Aside from that there are no problems with it, no dead pixels, no flickering, no color fading, etc. It does have some marks on the sides from my prying it open to fix it. It also has some double-sided tape crud on the top/side from a mounted microphone (going to try and get that off). The stand is held on by a single screw but is plenty stable (will be dismantled for shipping).

Asking; $65 OBO (S/H covered)
+ Power Cable
+ optional VGA or DVI cable (free)
+ optional spare replacement Caps (6) (free)

17" MAG Innovations / 4:3 / 1280x1024 / VGA only

There are several "issues" with this one. It has a black fading in the top left (from viewing perspective) that is noticeable in light colors. The Bezel is extremely loose and can fall off if wiggled too much. The cord is loose which causes the screen to go all 1 color tint if the connector isn't perfect. The cord is built-in so it'd require opening the monitor to replace. However there are no dead pixels and has never had dead caps. The stand is held on by a single screw by design (will be dismantled for shipping).

Asking; $30 OBO (S/H covered)
+ Power Cable
+ optional VGA/DVI adapter (free)

<S>
X
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:41:06 PM by 1701E »
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline DaddieDrax

• Zinc Member
Re: Monitors F/S (17" & 19")
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 11:07:57 AM »
That seems really expensive for 5 year old monitors, Good luck!

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 11:50:50 AM »
Only reason I ask what I do is primarily to cover S/H as they are close on to $15-20 to ship, and I'd rather not lose money shipping them! :lol
The 19" also has new capacitors which was ~$15 and several hour of work, thus a slightly higher price.

They are also 'or best offer' so I'm always willing to get offers! :)

<S>
X

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 12:36:58 PM »
Have you tried Craigslist? Seems like shipping is a bear. I always wondered what places like new egg paid for shipping.
Pies not kicks.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »
They've been on Craigs for a few weeks now but I'm mostly trying to get rid of em, so I'm listing em in a few places hoping someone has a use for the darn things. Spring cleaning I guess it would be.
I assume places like NE have deals with shippers...wish I could get cheaper shipping! Already an hour drive just to get em shipped + the cost of shipping.  :lol

<S>
X

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 06:22:15 PM »
Amazon is also not a single person who has to pay UPS $20+ to ship them. And as I have said, I am more than willing to listen to offers. I'm not going to sell something for $10 and then pay $25 to ship it, would be cheaper to junk it.
Considering I have them listed in a few places (locally and non) to be rid of them I'm not too concerned if no one here wants them, heaven forbid someone list an item in a 'for sale' section...

<S>
X

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 06:43:44 PM »
I'm not going to sell something for $10 and then pay $25 to ship it, would be cheaper to junk it.

That's because they are junk especially the one which has a display problem. Sell on classifieds but you can't expect a buyer for something which is obsolete, people will just buy new for a few dollars more and take the warranty with it.

Maybe try a garage sale then you don't have to worry about S&H

<S>...-Gixer