Author Topic: Don't forget to buckle up!  (Read 741 times)

Offline Fud

• Nickel Member
Don't forget to buckle up!
« on: June 04, 2013, 12:38:40 PM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a9b_1370350805

I've done a few skydives and can't say I forgot to buckle my chest strap...
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
Re: Don't forget to buckle up!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:35:38 PM »
Saved by his AAD...
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:45 PM »
some jump buddies he had...they should have all double checked each other before getting on the plane.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »
RALEIGH, N.C. — An expert parachutist fell to his death when he jumped from a plane, apparently without realizing that he wasn't wearing a parachute, officials said today.

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the death Saturday of Ivan Lester McGuire to see if pilot Mark Luman had checked to see if McGuire was wearing a parachute.

McGuire, 35, was carrying video equipment to film a student and an instructor from the Franklin County Sports Parachute Center when he jumped to his death from an altitude of 10,500 feet.

Investigators have ruled out suicide and say McGuire, who had made more than 800 jumps, may have made his fatal mistake because he was tired or preoccupied with filming.

"We haven't gotten all the facts yet. But there is a regulation, No. 105, that states that the pilot must check--well, no one may jump unless the pilot checks the parachutes," FAA inspector Walter Rigsbee said.

The video equipment McGuire was carrying may have been mistaken for a parachute, he said.

that happened back in 1988, I remember watching the video on the news.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 04:57:29 PM »
As a long time jump pilot I've caught many a jumper with misrouted straps, chest or leg straps not buckled etc.  even caught a tandem master about to board with leg straps not around legs.

This guy was so intent on the chest strap he forgot everything else.  The un buckled chest strap won't kill you but the earth rushing up will..

I suggest he take up bowling or knitting.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"