Author Topic: proper axis achievements  (Read 1871 times)

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
proper axis achievements
« on: June 05, 2013, 12:08:50 PM »
  Currently we have some some great achievments. they seem to be a little skewed in the way of the actual achievment,for instance,there are specific achievments for specific aircraft for alot of allied aircraft,like the spit 9,or spit 5,or sea hurricane,or hurricane mk1,tempest,typhoon,etc..and then some are just general.......like the p-47 or p-38.and the allies have alot of aircraft to choose from. i think the axis achievements should be more specific, such as... 36 kills in a bf-109E of other planes(herbert Ihlefeld.....126 kills of planes in a bf-109 F(hans marseilles),18 kills of planes in a fw 190D(hans dortenmann), 193 kills in a fw-190A(walter Nowotny),352 kills of a plane in bf-109 g(hartmann)    are there any outstanding ki-84.nikj-2,or ki-61  aces?   if so,they should have an achievment as well.   the same goes for allied aircraft that dont have specific achievments, p-51d should be seperate from p-51 b,etc

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: proper axis achievements
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 12:29:45 PM »
a list of ww2 japanese aces...good place to start

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Japanese_World_War_II_flying_ aces

lol, here's an achievement that could be fun for some...if it's a true story.

re: saburo sakai
His squadron included fellow aces Hiroyoshi Nishizawa and Toshio Ōta. On the night of May 16, Sakai, Nishizawa and Ota were listening to a broadcast of an Australian radio program, when Nishizawa recognized the eerie "Danse Macabre" of Camille Saint-Saëns. Inspired by this, Nishizawa came up with the idea of doing demonstration loops over the enemy airfield. The next day, at the end of an attack on Port Moresby that involved 18 Zeros,[4] the trio performed three tight loops in close formation over the allied air base. Nishizawa indicated he wanted to repeat the performance. Diving to 6,000 ft (1,800 m), the three Zeros did three more loops, without receiving any AA fire from the ground. The following day, a lone allied bomber came roaring over the Lae airfield and dropped a note attached to a long ribbon of cloth. The soldiers picked up the note and delivered to the squadron commander. It read "Thank you for the wonderful display of aerobatics by three of your pilots. Please pass on our regards and inform them, that we will have a warm reception ready for them, next time they fly over our airfield". The squadron commander was furious and reprimanded the three pilots for their stupidity, but the Tainan Kokutai's three leading aces felt Nishizawa's aerial choreography of the "Danse Macabre" had been worth it
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »
avg flying tigers aces...maybe something for those who need a reason to fly p40s?

http://www.warbirdforum.com/avgaces.htm
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »
  Currently we have some some great achievments. they seem to be a little skewed in the way of the actual achievment,for instance,there are specific achievments for specific aircraft for alot of allied aircraft,like the spit 9,or spit 5,or sea hurricane,or hurricane mk1,tempest,typhoon,etc..and then some are just general.......like the p-47 or p-38.and the allies have alot of aircraft to choose from. i think the axis achievements should be more specific, such as... 36 kills in a bf-109E of other planes(herbert Ihlefeld.....126 kills of planes in a bf-109 F(hans marseilles),18 kills of planes in a fw 190D(hans dortenmann), 193 kills in a fw-190A(walter Nowotny),352 kills of a plane in bf-109 g(hartmann)    are there any outstanding ki-84.nikj-2,or ki-61  aces?   if so,they should have an achievment as well.   the same goes for allied aircraft that dont have specific achievments, p-51d should be seperate from p-51 b,etc3

The problem with the latter war Japanese fighters, is its hard to get a victory total for them. A pilot of a Ki-84 most likely flew other IJAF aircraft earlier in his career. Trying to find "x" amount of kills for a certain pilot in a Ki-84 is tough because some of his total victories may have come while flying a Ki-43.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:38:34 PM »
such as...
36 kills in a Bf-109E of other planes (Herbert Ihlefeld)
126 kills of planes in a Bf-109F (Hans Marseilles)
18 kills of planes in a Fw 190D (Hans Dortenmann)
193 kills in a Fw-190A (Walter Nowotny)
352 kills of a plane in Bf-109G (Hartmann)

I also would like to see more plane specific achievements for the axis planes, in particular the German ones listed above.  The Hartmann achievement listed above is already an achievement, but not specific to "g" model 109's.  If it should be specific to the 109G series, then please make it so  :)  I have found the historical achievements to be a lot of fun!

:salute

"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »
a list of ww2 japanese aces...good place to start

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Japanese_World_War_II_flying_ aces

lol, here's an achievement that could be fun for some...if it's a true story.

re: saburo sakai

I've wondered too if the story was true or not but I've been unable to find anything over the years that debunks it as nothing more than a pilot's old war time tale nor anything to confirm it other than the original story.

This is what was supposedly written in the note dropped by the Australian bomber crew.
To the Lae Commander: "We were much impressed with those three pilots who visited us today, and we all liked the loops they flew over our field. It was quite an exhibition. We would appreciate it if the same pilots returned here once again, each wearing a green muffler around his neck. We're sorry we could not give them better attention on their last trip, but we will see to it that the next time they will receive an all-out welcome from us."

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »
I've wondered too if the story was true or not but I've been unable to find anything over the years that debunks it as nothing more than a pilot's old war time tale nor anything to confirm it other than the original story.

This is what was supposedly written in the note dropped by the Australian bomber crew.
ack-ack

I doubt the whole story, possibly the aces did one loop and headed home, perhaps the tale was extended to a few loops - reality is the gunners wouldn't just sit there and not fire, these pilots were not going to risk doing loops and get shot down.

Here's from an interview of Sakai on the internet - not sure if its real or such but
"A:         This became a very famous event. Nishizawa decided that we needed to do something, and he told us of his plan. So after a flight to Port Moresby we decided to do three loops over the Allied airfield. Ota, Nishizawa and I joined our fighters wingtip to wingtip and did three perfect consecutive loops over the field following a dogfight. After we landed we were very proud of ourselves. Then we had a message that the commander at Moresby had sent a letter to out commander, Sasai, describing our stunt, and inviting us back. Sasai chewed us out and threatened us with grounding if we ever did that again. He was just following procedure, but we knew he was secretly proud of us. By the way the letter was signed by many Allied pilots at the base. I think we made an impression."

Whether its true or not I cannot confirm it, I don't have his book - however I have never seen from any other allied airmen or in any other books to account for this.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:54:59 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 10:01:44 PM »
I would agree on more specific achievements. As an example, I received the Hartmann for 345 kills in a German bird, though I never fly the 109 and that is pretty much all he flew.

I should get the Nowotny for excessive kills in the 190A series, though not the Hartmann. Not complaining, just noting.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 02:05:16 PM »
this is exactly my point. another example would be the award for kills of a tank in a t-34...its specific to t-34........we should have some seperate one for german tanks. and with the new jagdpanzers coming...there should be one for 36 kills in one of these of tanks

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
I would agree on more specific achievements. As an example, I received the Hartmann for 345 kills in a German bird, though I never fly the 109 and that is pretty much all he flew.

I should get the Nowotny for excessive kills in the 190A series, though not the Hartmann. Not complaining, just noting.

Boo
hunh I always thought there was something funky with my kills
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
Id say we should also have some sarcastic achievements as well. Like "Ronson" for dying 10 times in a row in an M4A3(75).
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »
Id say we should also have some sarcastic achievements as well. Like "Ronson" for dying 10 times in a row in an M4A3(75).

I like it :aok

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
If it is something I could achieve in 3 minutes in a GV it isn't an achievement.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-