Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79672 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 12:11:58 PM »
 :rofl
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 12:14:32 PM »

:old: :ahand

:D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:48:10 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:36 PM »
I have yet to see the point of achievements anyway.  Yeah, it's cool to look at random stats like that, but the stars and whatnot I just don't get.

#S#

Josh
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 12:47:34 PM »

Let's make achievements (and perks) arena-specific.  :aok

+1

Achievement. Stars.

And by the way caldera, it's actually 31 minutes in which the 339 bails happened.  :noid

With my rudimentary calculator-enhanced math skills, that comes to one bail, every 5.48 seconds - for 31 minutes:O
Maybe there should be an achievement for fastest time to carpal-tunnel surgery.

The "bailing out" and the "drop tanks" achievements are really stupid anyway, IMO.  I'm actually most of the way to my "Got Silk" achievement, though only from Late War sorties and under vastly different circumstances, to be sure.  :D
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 12:56:46 PM »
I have yet to see the point of achievements anyway.  Yeah, it's cool to look at random stats like that, but the stars and whatnot I just don't get.

#S#
Josh

Unless someone post about the achievement stuff I don't know its there.  Seems to be a waste of programing lines to me.

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 01:16:05 PM »
 :rofl :rofl

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 01:19:03 PM »
Unless someone post about the achievement stuff I don't know its there.  Seems to be a waste of programing lines to me.

I disagree.  Sure, players can abuse it, like they do anything else, just to see those stars next to their name.

However, those achievements helped me (and some other players, I'm sure) with broadening their gameplay.    From flying different planes or driving different tanks, to trying out something new in terms of combat or destruction :).

Anything can be abused in a game, vulching, spawn camping, shade accounts.. you name it, it's happened.  That is the 'sacrifice' of having these things.    

Achievements are more a "this generation" thing, they help keep some of the newbies around :).  As for me, I really enjoyed History class, so I like completing the historical achievements to see who they are, so I can learn more about them.

Just my thoughts.

Tinkles

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
I disagree.  Sure, players can abuse it, like they do anything else, just to see those stars next to their name.

However, those achievements helped me (and some other players, I'm sure) with broadening their gameplay.    From flying different planes or driving different tanks, to trying out something new in terms of combat or destruction :).

Anything can be abused in a game, vulching, spawn camping, shade accounts.. you name it, it's happened.  That is the 'sacrifice' of having these things.    

Achievements are more a "this generation" thing, they help keep some of the newbies around :).  As for me, I really enjoyed History class, so I like completing the historical achievements to see who they are, so I can learn more about them.

Just my thoughts.

Tinkles

:aok

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 02:58:25 PM »
The irony is this is one of the easiest achievements for 99.999% of the MA.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 03:00:13 PM »

Agreed... it seems like the achievements are aimed at those that need additional stimulation to remain interested in a game. The achievements encourage players to attempt feats that can potentially be difficult to perform with the advance knowledge their egos will be 'stroked'. To be blunt some people need that 'stroking', but thankfully some don't.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 04:08:33 PM »
LOL, macroing in Aces High.  Thought I'd never see the day. 
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 04:15:58 PM »
Can someone explain what this thread is about :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 04:20:51 PM »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Razzor 479th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
If a guy wants to get stars that way so be it. But I've got to wonder if he looks at them knowing how they were "earned" and therefore can't really enjoy them.

But other than random gaminess by a few, I too think the achievement system has gotten a lot of us out of our favorite rides and into new planes and vehicles, so in that regard, I think it has been a successful addition to the game.  Well done HTC.  :aok

RAZOR - PIGS ON THE WING

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »
Do you expect anything less from a guy that has 100 game hours in 7 days time? Thats 14 hours a day.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14