Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79711 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2013, 08:04:05 AM »
The Emperor(s) have no cloths on one and all.

You mass excoriate non iconoclastic players for vulching their own shade in the EW\MW. But, here you are bending over backwards to make reasonable excuses for simple "bad conduct". Benghazi was really about a YouTube video too. It just takes enough of you to tell everyone: Nothing to see here, move along, it's a non issue. We will tell you what to believe about Aces High and personal conduct because we can peer harass you and make light of your observations as a "Mob" until you give up and go away.

Bad conduct is bad conduct by the perpetrator or his enablers.

Some of you are fathers of small children. Is some bad conduct not bad conduct because you agree to suspend reality if a popular celebrity commits the bad conduct? Is this what you fathers are teaching your small children these days? Jonny it's ok that he ran over you, he's a celebrity and more special than us.

I guess Barry Bonds didn't notice how big and stronger he was getting over 9 months after being rubbed down with his trainers special lotion a few times a week. And The Governator Schwarzenegger was a victim of his house keeper's superior psychological manipulations.

I guess Fester is the first recipient of the Aces High "Barry Bonds" achievement then. Now that we know it exists. Lets see how fast the rest of you can earn it. Which of you can out bad conduct Fester?

Shade vulching to gain perks so one can fly jets they otherwise wouldn't be able to fly is far worse than taking a shortcut on achievements.

Don't get me wrong,  I really don't understand cheating on achievements either,  but unless you're distracted by stars this has zero impact on gameplay.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2013, 09:13:45 AM »
Sounds to me that someone wants to be the first to be a 4 star general, granted doing it this way means nothing, something some kid would do but i guess anything to stroke ones ego.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2013, 09:24:55 AM »
Shade vulching to gain perks so one can fly jets they otherwise wouldn't be able to fly is far worse than taking a shortcut on achievements.

Don't get me wrong,  I really don't understand cheating on achievements either,  but unless you're distracted by stars this has zero impact on gameplay.

it impacts one major part of the game, score.  that's why he did it in that specific arena.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »
it impacts one major part of the game, score.  that's why he did it in that specific arena.

semp

That's a bit of a stretch.  What he did didn't improve his score in any arena, it just didn't mess it up in the LWMA.

It's gamey and in clear violation of the way the achievements were intended to earned.  I have zero issue with a bit of community "WTF man?", but I don't think this is anywhere near ArchieD levels of cheating.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2013, 10:57:58 AM »
That's a bit of a stretch.  What he did didn't improve his score in any arena, it just didn't mess it up in the LWMA.

It's gamey and in clear violation of the way the achievements were intended to earned.  I have zero issue with a bit of community "WTF man?", but I don't think this is anywhere near ArchieD levels of cheating.

actually archied didn't cheat either.   

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2013, 11:00:01 AM »

If that's not cheating, nothing is.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
Has Fester commented yet?  :headscratch:  

Actually, what I really wanna know is... will there be a trial or public flogging of any sort? :x

I think this guy is ready to do his part (btw, do we have any movie people playing AH, cause he sure could be in a good Lord of the Rings or Punisher type movie or some such film (the next Charles Bronson???)):

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,336590.msg4434540.html#msg4434540 :D

Think it's a little harsh, but... well... macro bailing is macro bailing after all... :furious

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,336590.msg4432871.html#msg4432871 :cheers:
Perhaps Fester was predicting his future punishment for his future transgression?    :old:

:noid

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 11:52:55 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:18 AM »
What is funny as hell is seeing some of the gamers go from 1 star to 3 stars in a matter of a day or two.  Just look up ANY of the 3 star bananas and you'll see a "game the game" pattern.  Very few people would have 3 stars, if any, if they would have been earned.   ;) 

It is too bad the HTC cant make the stars arena specific.  There would be far fewer stars, that is for sure.   :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
What is funny as hell is seeing some of the gamers go from 1 star to 3 stars in a matter of a day or two.  Just look up ANY of the 3 star bananas and you'll see a "game the game" pattern.  Very few people would have 3 stars, if any, if they would have been earned.   ;) 

And that's why this isn't a big deal, although it is funny.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2013, 11:52:52 AM »

semp

I think you're about to get cute with the definition of cheating.  If so, well played Mr. Dictionary.   :)

Technically, Archie didn't break a rule as I don't think HTC has ever made a list of acceptable ways of obtaining them.  In practical terms though, what he did not only violated the intended mechanism for gaining perks, but it also afforded him a clear advantage (ability to fly jets carelessly against prop planes).  Also take into account the unanimous community recollection of how HTC historically dealt with shade vulchers (take the perks and wipe the scores), and what you have is clearly cheating.  Cheating combined with lameness, I might add.

Unless someone is about to put on a Star Pageant and Fester wins because he macro'd his way to the bailout achievement, I see no advantage gained.  I think it's gamey and a bit sad, but it's not even in the same ballpark as flinging free deuces into a furball.     

-AoM-

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2013, 12:10:07 PM »

It is too bad the HTC cant make the stars arena specific.  There would be far fewer stars, that is for sure.   :aok

Hmm no wonder, it took me 3 weeks of on and off playing just to get one star. I take a quick 1-2 week break and a bunch have 2 or 3 stars already.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »
I'm going to look at the other side of the coin, just to play Devil's advocate...

What if someone is good enough that it may take them a whole year of flying to amass 25 bail-outs?  Whether bailing out in succession or doing it after a few minutes of flying, it would still have to be on purpose...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2013, 02:01:08 PM »
I'm going to look at the other side of the coin, just to play Devil's advocate...

What if someone is good enough that it may take them a whole year of flying to amass 25 bail-outs?  Whether bailing out in succession or doing it after a few minutes of flying, it would still have to be on purpose...
you have been in rare form lately...not just poking it with a stick, but a lit gasoline soaked stick at times.

in the lwma, i wonder how many times Fester has to bail... for tour 160 out of 84 fighter sorties he bailed 6 times. out of 1244 total sorties he bailed 63 times. in midwar, out of 683 total sorties he bailed 60 times.

still dont understand the desire for achievements of any sort but...meh.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
I don't seem to recall the Archied incident...can someone fill me in on the dirt?  :devil

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »
 :huh :huh :lol :lol No !!!!!!  :lol :lol :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher