Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79737 times)

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #90 on: June 11, 2013, 06:06:29 PM »
I do not fly for score. I have attained rank 1 in every category in tour 150 and after that "achievement" I retired from the score game. any score I get are incidental to grinding nerd points or just flying and fighting. I had been wanting to get more early war kills and was sitting in the early war arena for about an hour hoping someone else would log in and fight and ended up just working on the bail out achievement during the wait.

I consider achievement points nerd points and I view most of them as grinds. I will grind out the ones I view to be no indication of skill or ability as quickly as possible because I like to collect nerd points. It's a habit I picked up from when I used to play world of warcraft where I had gladiator rank from pvp pretty often and was in a guild that did all the server and often world first achievements and also liked to grind out no skill "fluff" achievements as fast as possible just for the sake of grinding.

And as for Aces High... does anyone here have the ability to go a tour in the LWMA to 297 kills and 0 deaths besides me? didn't think so so that gives you some insight into how many landable sorties I found myself bailing out of just to get a silly achievement. I decided to grind out the bailouts to finish the achievement and thus remove the motivation not to land the sortie when able. like it or not achievements affect the way you fly if your interested in "achieving" them. how you decide to go about that is your choice.

I also spray all my ammo I have leftover every sortie etc just for the silly achievements etc.

When I get burned out on 2hr strat runs that involves 1hr+ of climbing afk to survive... I like to do strat runs in midwar where the distances to target are short and most flights I get fighters to shoot at as well.

But lets get right down to it and not try to cloud this with grinding silly achievements that are nothing more than grinds...

I suggest anyone having a problem with the way I fly come to the DA and duel me and see how many times you get killed with no kills before you have had enough. I will even bail out after I kill you every flight.

and while were looking at the what the whole thing of achievement points in AH means consider this...

my closest competitor in nerd points has almost no kills of fighter aircraft and yet is able to get the highest nerd point total while being completely incapable of even some semblance of aircombat ability.

I take bigger issue with the setup allowing that many points to be accumulated while ignoring the hardest and most rewarding part of the game than I do anyone interested in quickly completing the less well designed achievements.

:rofl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 11, 2013, 06:18:23 PM »
I do not fly for score. I have attained rank 1 in every category in tour 150 and after that "achievement" I retired from the score game. any score I get are incidental to grinding nerd points or just flying and fighting. I had been wanting to get more early war kills and was sitting in the early war arena for about an hour hoping someone else would log in and fight and ended up just working on the bail out achievement during the wait.

I consider achievement points nerd points and I view most of them as grinds. I will grind out the ones I view to be no indication of skill or ability as quickly as possible because I like to collect nerd points. It's a habit I picked up from when I used to play world of warcraft where I had gladiator rank from pvp pretty often and was in a guild that did all the server and often world first achievements and also liked to grind out no skill "fluff" achievements as fast as possible just for the sake of grinding.

And as for Aces High... does anyone here have the ability to go a tour in the LWMA to 297 kills and 0 deaths besides me? didn't think so so that gives you some insight into how many landable sorties I found myself bailing out of just to get a silly achievement. I decided to grind out the bailouts to finish the achievement and thus remove the motivation not to land the sortie when able. like it or not achievements affect the way you fly if your interested in "achieving" them. how you decide to go about that is your choice.

I also spray all my ammo I have leftover every sortie etc just for the silly achievements etc.

When I get burned out on 2hr strat runs that involves 1hr+ of climbing afk to survive... I like to do strat runs in midwar where the distances to target are short and most flights I get fighters to shoot at as well.

But lets get right down to it and not try to cloud this with grinding silly achievements that are nothing more than grinds...

I suggest anyone having a problem with the way I fly come to the DA and duel me and see how many times you get killed with no kills before you have had enough. I will even bail out after I kill you every flight.

and while were looking at the what the whole thing of achievement points in AH means consider this...

my closest competitor in nerd points has almost no kills of fighter aircraft and yet is able to get the highest nerd point total while being completely incapable of even some semblance of aircombat ability.

I take bigger issue with the setup allowing that many points to be accumulated while ignoring the hardest and most rewarding part of the game than I do anyone interested in quickly completing the less well designed achievements.

Well, I will admit to having fought Fester hundreds of times and having, maybe, won once... I think.  :headscratch:

No doubt Fester is a very good pilot.  Very good indeed. :old:

Now, about that public flogging. :x

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: June 11, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »
I do not fly for score.

Why not get the bail out achievement in Late War then?  Oh yeah.  You were hoping a second person would log into the arena and you could get a fight.  Being that you say you could whip anybody in the DA, what are the chances that if another player logs into Early War, you would get the kind of fight you're looking for?

I call shenanigans.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »
This happened probably about a year ago or a little more I think. Been awhile.

Edit: Dat edit, batty! :noid :bolt:

I'm slowly maturing old boy, slowly maturing :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »

Why not get the bail out achievement in Late War then?  Oh yeah.  You were hoping a second person would log into the arena and you could get a fight.  Being that you say you could whip anybody in the DA, what are the chances that if another player logs into Early War, you would get the kind of fight you're looking for?

I call shenanigans.
<sniff> <sniff> i smell a challenge coming...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »

I'm slowly maturing old boy, slowly maturing :D
:banana: :old:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2013, 07:13:38 PM »
Two words.

Who cares?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2013, 07:29:43 PM »

I don't think anyone really cares about 'the way you fly', we're just laughing at you for being a bit of a sad act...but whatever floats your boat, I can understand that the desire to try and look special in an online game is strong in some people

It makes a lot more sense now that you admitted your history as a WoW player :)  
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2013, 08:26:33 PM »
I think you're about to get cute with the definition of cheating.  If so, well played Mr. Dictionary.   :)

Technically, Archie didn't break a rule as I don't think HTC has ever made a list of acceptable ways of obtaining them.  In practical terms though, what he did not only violated the intended mechanism for gaining perks, but it also afforded him a clear advantage (ability to fly jets carelessly against prop planes).  Also take into account the unanimous community recollection of how HTC historically dealt with shade vulchers (take the perks and wipe the scores), and what you have is clearly cheating.  Cheating combined with lameness, I might add.

Unless someone is about to put on a Star Pageant and Fester wins because he macro'd his way to the bailout achievement, I see no advantage gained.  I think it's gamey and a bit sad, but it's not even in the same ballpark as flinging free deuces into a furball.     

bingo.  he abused the system just like fester did.  but there's no rules that say it is against the rules.  if you go back and check the scores in MW and EW you will see more than a couple of people doing the same thing.

do I think it's funny, stupid, childish, gamey, of course.  specially by somebody like archied and fester who are really good players, specially at gamey the game.  but it's not cheating.  it's not right either but look on the bright side.  if they hadnt done it we would have nothing to hold them over their heads next time they accuse somebody of whatever.  we can always reply "at least I dont have a macro.."

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »
So you up for some DA time??????

oh ya thats right never mind.......

see ya in MA :aok

hey ink, I'll take your DA challenge but let's go to EW.  I am planing to bail out the first 400 times, but It wont be cheating as we are actually fighting.  ok you will be fighting I'll be bailing out but 50% aint too bad :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »

so funny.....you being a coward....would actually stand before me????

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

you wont even fight me in a cartoon game.....how on earth do you think you could even look me in the eye in person.

EDIT

time to go hunting....hope you are on.

Waaahaaa, Awww still need more hugging?

1st I wouldn't be looking you in the eye ....I would be looking at the top of your head.

2nd  I dont like you :) Lets get this straight...your little sword picture that you took 20 years ago doesn't do much for me and wouldn't if it was taken yesterday. I don't think you are a badmofo  like every one else here seems too. I'm not worried about you at all in the game or especially in real life in the slightest. I just want to be clear.  :ahand

3rd  I'm not an artist...like you pretend to be .... it's just not my thing... I am terrible at it, really bad, worse than you... but your art ain't that good ....I just wanna tell it like it is okay? No hard feelings. Most of the tattoo work I've seen of yours completely sucks...It is really not very good at all. That is my opinion  :devil  I don't hold back. Go make some more 3d fishes with your lipstick pin.. I'm sure you are getting paid well for that!

3rd Why don't you go get your kids some clothes instead of sitting around playing this game fighting at me you seem to be the small man here chasing me around the boards, calling me names. Did you all ready spend your monthly check and wic chips? You seem a little home bound. Or maybe go practice a little more tattooing on your wife? It looks as though that is what you have done, I'm sure she enjoys it.. personally if I were her I'd have a hard time going in public and working to support you and her children. I hope she draws the line at anything above her shoulders and certinally above her neck. When she bails again, I'm sure we will hear about it, I think you and Mike Tyson would get along real well, you could nibble each others ears, compare facial tats, act all macho with each other, play with each others vajaja, prey to valhalla and the like.

Again I'm not holding back ....Just calling it the way I see it... tell-in it like it is.... you underdstand...So you know what I think of you and vise verse.

Now lets get back to the Puppet Implosion  ;)

Hugs and kisses,
:cheers:
:aok

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »
uh boy..oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy...

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:30:03 PM by RedBull1 »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2013, 09:29:24 PM »
im gonna go play some candy crush

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »
Waaahaaa, Awww still need more hugging?

1st I wouldn't be looking you in the eye ....I would be looking at the top of your head.

2nd  I dont like you :) Lets get this straight...your little sword picture that you took 20 years ago doesn't do much for me and wouldn't if it was taken yesterday. I don't think you are a badmofo  like every one else here seems too. I'm not worried about you at all in the game or especially in real life in the slightest. I just want to be clear.  :ahand

3rd  I'm not an artist...like you pretend to be .... it's just not my thing... I am terrible at it, really bad, worse than you... but your art ain't that good ....I just wanna tell it like it is okay? No hard feelings. Most of the tattoo work I've seen of yours completely sucks...It is really not very good at all. That is my opinion  :devil  I don't hold back. Go make some more 3d fishes with your lipstick pin.. I'm sure you are getting paid well for that!

3rd Why don't you go get your kids some clothes instead of sitting around playing this game fighting at me you seem to be the small man here chasing me around the boards, calling me names. Did you all ready spend your monthly check and wic chips? You seem a little home bound. Or maybe go practice a little more tattooing on your wife? It looks as though that is what you have done, I'm sure she enjoys it.. personally if I were her I'd have a hard time going in public and working to support you and her children. I hope she draws the line at anything above her shoulders and certinally above her neck. When she bails again, I'm sure we will hear about it, I think you and Mike Tyson would get along real well, you could nibble each others ears, compare facial tats, act all macho with each other, play with each others vajaja, prey to valhalla and the like.

Again I'm not holding back ....Just calling it the way I see it... tell-in it like it is.... you underdstand...So you know what I think of you and vise verse.

Now lets get back to the Puppet Implosion  ;)

Hugs and kisses,
:cheers:
:aok

Wow. If the goal was to get under each others skin...

Ink: 1     mega: 0
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »
im gonna go play some candy crush

Stuck on level 29, wanna help?  :joystick:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp