Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 81169 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2013, 10:59:35 PM »
 :rofl
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2013, 11:17:20 PM »
Anything to get four starts first, right?  :rofl
Top Gun

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: June 13, 2013, 12:31:34 AM »
Does that include your clown feet and vajayjay?  
OH nosss...It's the

Just think tho Change... being the largest.... U will be able to save money on SuperMax Extra Maxipawn's! Individually wrapped :aok

Go Girl,
 :aok

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #243 on: June 13, 2013, 12:33:42 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl    flyingtard....get a clue meatstick.....

you dont like what I have to say...put my arse on ignore...

otherwise deal with me calling you out as the coward you are.... :aok

I dont have time to hug you tonight :aok

Calling people names is all you got Tardstink  :rolleyes:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: June 13, 2013, 01:25:31 AM »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2013, 01:26:44 AM »
  16 pages of internet tough guys waving their pixal donuts around  :rofl

I demand a immediate apololgy :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: June 13, 2013, 01:27:47 AM »
we are sorry they are waving donuts....not pies.....carry on
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2013, 02:01:32 AM »
I demand a immediate apololgy :old:

Here is a pie for you so you don't look so sad.  ^__^

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: June 13, 2013, 03:05:51 AM »
So..... basically Fester cheats like the rest of them? :huh
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2013, 04:10:51 AM »

I don't mind hazing from being gamey on a light hearted fluff achievement but this crosses the line.

I have played this game since 1999 and never cheated.

My reasons for knocking out the bail out achievement were for my own benefit as the achievement was negatively affecting my gameplay experience due to the fact that it was giving me reason to bail out any time I was bored and couldn't find a fight when previously I would religiously land any sortie on general principle.

I have held the view that achievements are non score based and non competition based and are for the players personal enjoyment to be completed in the manner they find most enjoyable. given the negative feedback from the self righteous holy rollers with axes to grind giving me crap about bailing out a lot for nerd points I will refrain from using any world of warcraft methodology (grinding till its done) towards completing any of the general fluff achievements and the ones I don't like I will just skip.

lets be honest with ourselves about what achievements are and how they are helping add variety to the game in spite of some flaws the overall effect and experience has been positive for everyone. Myself included. It is a nonscore based reason for completionists to play the game a lot and to play all areas of the game.

they are highly addictive and very fun to work on and complete.

I probably would not even be logging into the game without the achievement system as it has made the game enjoyable for me.

It has motivated me to fly and fight in every single airplane and vehicle in this game.

For the first time in years I and many others are frequently flying bombers. People are upping from vulched fields giving vulchers easy kills just to get the little "completed" checkmark on their nerd points. the list goes on.

the flawed achievements that are not really enjoyable tend to favor players wanting to knock them out quickly such as the rocket achievements where you see m4's lobbing rockets nonstop at nearby vfields. but somehow I like seeing the rockets being fired in spite of the motivation as it adds to the games atmosphere in some historic way.

the bail out achievement is flawed on multiple levels as it has a negative impact on gameplay in my opinion. personally I think it should be removed from the game or redone with the new condition of "bail out of a crippled airplane"

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2013, 04:30:12 AM »
Who gives a damn how someone completes his achievements? This, unlike scores is not used to rank players and the completion of an achievement is a one-time event.

I agree with Fester that some achievements, especially of the "do-this-X-times" kind are flawed in the sense that they do not require an actual gameplay or any interaction with other players. For me these achievements will just happen at some point due to normal gameplay and will be some amusing statistic highlight, to be forgotten a second later. For those that are trying to complete achievements this is "grind" gameplay and they will take the shortest possible route - I don't see anything unfair in that.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2013, 04:41:55 AM »
I've posted a post in the achievements section that makes some requests to modify the conditions of several achievements I hope you will support these changes with as much enthusiasm as you have in this thread in the thread in the forum that would actually change the system...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,349917.0.html

changes needed...

General:

fire 5 millions rounds of ammo... Hit an enemy player or object with 5 million rounds of ammo

fire 10,000 rockets...                  Hit an enemy player or object with 10,000 rockets

drop 50,000 bombs...                 Hit an enemy player or object with 50,000 bombs

bail out 500 times...                   bail out of an airplane crippled by an enemy player 500 times

Fighter:

Get 2500 kills in a carrier plane...       get 2500 airplane kills in a carrier plane

Get 2500 kills in an early war plane... get 2500 airplane kills in an early war plane

Get 2500 kills in a mid war plane... get 2500 airplane kills in a mid war plane

add to fighter...

Get 2500 airplane kills in a late war plane

Get 2500 kills in a ww1 plane

but Fester why change fighter category to count airplanes only? Country achievements would still count vehicle kills by airplanes i think that is sufficient. currently you can complete almost all achievements in game except historical achievements with never shooting down an airplane and just bombing vehicles nonstop (walleye). they should rename the category from fighter to bombdweeb in its current state.

the fighter category has traditionally only counted fighter vs airplane kills and the fighter achievements should reflect this.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 05:16:04 AM by Citabria »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2013, 04:57:39 AM »

and SD67 you had best watch yourself. your conotations that this game is being hacked  "like the rest of them" are far more serious than any gamers grinding out acheivements the fastest way they are able to.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2013, 05:07:02 AM »
The fact that there are some sucking more than "us" does not justify your claim that we all hack.
Otherwise i would suggest to take a look on the "Forum rules" sticky topic, see the 7th paragraph, and think a bit about it before you make posts like theese.
AoM
City of ice

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2013, 05:15:58 AM »
my hope is that if we can get another 10 pages of this thread we'll also get another 10 paragraphs from Fester justifying his desperate need to 'achieve' in an online game by not actually achieving anything
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.