Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 80825 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #255 on: June 13, 2013, 05:22:46 AM »
my hope is that if we can get another 10 pages of this thread we'll also get another 10 paragraphs from Fester justifying his desperate need to 'achieve' in an on-line game by not actually achieving anything

yes your aim at character assassination towards me is quite clear Mr Coombz of the few.

you have no interest in lobbying HTC to change the achievement system and just want my head on a pike I get it.

I'm not justifying anything. I would like to change the system though as the changes would be easily implemented.

do you not support the changes I have requested coombz? you have no interest in seeing the achievement system improved?
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #256 on: June 13, 2013, 05:40:32 AM »
Mr Coombz of the few.

what does him being in the few have to do with anything?
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2013, 05:45:27 AM »
and I've thrown down the gauntlet to all you scrubs. I don't mind this witch hunt in the least as you know my affinity for attention of any kind is pretty limitless.

but if I come home from work 11 hrs from now and find this thread has plenty more dribble but no one has made any semblence of support in the achievement forum to actually improve the achievement system and make the flawed achievements worth somthing other than a meaningless grind...

well you didn't accomplish anything then.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #258 on: June 13, 2013, 05:49:44 AM »
what does him being in the few have to do with anything?

you should post in achievements forum fury. your leader has at least. follow his example. you too coombz you could accomplish something meaningful here. carpe Diem man.

I am happy to be the objective of the witch hunt get it? now fix the system and get posting in the achievement forum thread your support for changing the system like bruv did.

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2013, 05:50:24 AM »
Can I just say your right about the acheivements system it doesn't affect score, all it does is give people a little ego rub every now and again, I couldn't care less if you gamed the game and got these done fast fester its your money do what ya want with it you haven't affected me in the slightest by doing what you did, I also think your ideas for changing them are pretty decent like actually having to hit something rather than just shooting thin air because anyone can do that.

Next time you kill me in your 262 salute me back ya bugger  :lol :rock
The Few
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2013, 05:51:55 AM »
you should post in achievements forum fury. your leader has at least. follow his example. you too coombz you could accomplish something meaningful here. carpe Diem man.

I am happy to be the objective of the witch hunt get it? now fix the system and get posting in the achievement forum thread your support for changing the system like bruv did.

I will post in the acheivements but my first response was nothing to with the acheivements I should have posted my 2nd in there I agree.
The Few

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2013, 05:55:24 AM »
I don't have anything against the achievement system I know alot of regular players were just like meh who cares.  

Some people have gone about getting as many as possible and others couldn't care less.   Some people couldn't care less about score or achievements but when HTC looks at things like player retention and holding onto subscribers anything that keeps people playing for longer and more interested shouldn't be frowned upon like the majority have.  

Just because this game has been going on for over decade and we all love it, having new players enjoying the steep learning curve will only help in the long run.  
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #262 on: June 13, 2013, 05:55:40 AM »
Can I just say your right about the acheivements system it doesn't affect score, all it does is give people a little ego rub every now and again, I couldn't care less if you gamed the game and got these done fast fester its your money do what ya want with it you haven't affected me in the slightest by doing what you did, I also think your ideas for changing them are pretty decent like actually having to hit something rather than just shooting thin air because anyone can do that.
Next time you kill me in your 262 salute me back ya bugger  :lol :rock

I completed all the achievements in skyrim. an offline game. its not an ego thing its an enjoyment factor. People don't get an ego boost off them thats why they are called nerd points by me and many others. most of them are just grinds many meaningless.

if you can fix many of the badly made achievements to have more difficulty and meaning then thats a big + for anyone like me who really enjoys achievements and gives less room for the critics to say "hey man you grinded out that way to fast and did it all wrong because you wanted to grind it out way to fast and all wrong you suck"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2013, 06:00:06 AM »
take one look at WT and rumble's experiences there  and see exactly how these sorts of things can be addictive and completely pointless.   By making them more worthwhile with the higher tier ones not impossible but a reflection of some hard fought play time. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:00 AM »
So..... basically Fester cheats like the rest of them? :huh
SD you've been around long enough to know that cheating accusations on the forum are a no-fly zone, Fester certainly hasn't cheated or hacked (even though no one mentioned hacking) merely made a bit of a doofus move. You better pull your socks up china or you may find you get the ban.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2013, 06:20:52 AM »
Phatz, that's a bit harsh considering the flak others have copped for doing what amounts to the exact same thing.
The achievements were designed to be earned in combat during normal game activity. To go and game the system in this manner by deliberately upping and bailing so many aircraft in a separate arena so one's score isn't affected is cheating the system, pure and simple.
I never made any accusations of hacking.
These achievements were the worst idea HTC ever came up with, they will lead to more gaming of the system and the witch hunts will continue. I'm genuinely disappointed to see a player of Fester's capacity stooping to these levels.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2013, 06:22:37 AM »
Citabria: Anyone who does anything for earning something does it for ego; it just may not be their ego.

To look to increase one's worth in their eyes or others through actions, of any sort or "level" of "achievement", is undeniably aligned with that: It is best to keep an honest head about it, even if one does not like the reality, because then things never change.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2013, 06:46:16 AM »
yes your aim at character assassination towards me is quite clear Mr Coombz of the few.

you have no interest in lobbying HTC to change the achievement system and just want my head on a pike I get it.

I'm not justifying anything. I would like to change the system though as the changes would be easily implemented.

do you not support the changes I have requested coombz? you have no interest in seeing the achievement system improved?

I am pretty sure I have zero stars and couldn't really care less about the achievement system or any proposed changes to it

As I said in an earlier post I do appreciate that it improves the game for some people, whatever floats your boat...just don't expect me (or the community in general) not to take the piss out of people who care so much about getting their stars that they that they resort to shenanigans in EW or MW

It's not like we're just picking on you, there was that des guy recently...his attempts to justify his star farming were just as cute :)  if  that's how you want to earn 'em, go for it...no one can stop you...but some people might just point and laugh. I'm sure you can deal with that eh ?
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: June 13, 2013, 07:28:15 AM »
Seems a little daft this whole fiasco.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: June 13, 2013, 07:30:38 AM »
I say Fester is avoiding the real and true reason for his macro bailing activity! :huh

He just wants four stars for everyone to oogle at. :old:
To reinforce his piloting superiority needs. :old:
Let it be known. :old:

It is now known.  :aok

Four stars do not make a superior pilot.  Only Bruv level skills can accomplish that.  Having fought both many times, i must say Fester is good, but he's no Bruv level pilot.

There is only one triple HTC/HiTech certified TOC winner in Aces High and it is not Fester. :ahand
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:41:13 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)