Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79647 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #405 on: June 14, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »

This is a game, not any more significant than hop-scotch or lawn darts. I can fully understand the desire to the be the best at something. I've been a competitive shooter for 30 years. I understand that itch. I would, however, strongly suggest that you apply the same effort and dedication to something that actually matters in life. You're a very bright and creative guy, with unlimited potential. Use those gifts for something that you'll be proud to point to when you're old and ugly like me. Just enjoy the game for what it is.... Recreation.

And finally, on page 27, a post of substance and worthy of remembering.

<S>
Ryno
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline LeDragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2013, 01:22:20 PM »

This is a game, not any more significant than hop-scotch or lawn darts. I can fully understand the desire to the be the best at something. I've been a competitive shooter for 30 years. I understand that itch. I would, however, strongly suggest that you apply the same effort and dedication to something that actually matters in life. You're a very bright and creative guy, with unlimited potential. Use those gifts for something that you'll be proud to point to when you're old and ugly like me. Just enjoy the game for what it is.... Recreation.

A person who averages over 8 hours a day in a game cannot refer to it as "recreation" any longer.
I was playing with J.U.G.S. before your mothers' started lactating for you.
Yes... thats what I was looking at. Just expecting more hood and less head if you understand me.  
     :O

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #407 on: June 14, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »

Very little in life actually matters when you boil it all down.

If I pay to play a game, I want to win the game and be the best I can be.  I personally don't find the drive to be the best pilot in Aces High any more disturbing than the hardcore amateur golfer .  At the end of the day, neither of them matter very much, but that's really no reason to not try like hell to be the best.

If I want recreation, I'll go camping.  Then again, I'll probably still race someone for who can get camp set up the fastest.   :)

Edit - I don't entirely disagree with what you're saying.  Perspective of the larger view is needed no matter what passion or pursuit makes grown men act silly.  But there's no reason to not want to excel at everything you do.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:33:29 PM by Triton28 »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #408 on: June 14, 2013, 01:33:23 PM »
Midway, why are you posting under Micky's account again...I mean Micky, why arent you posting under misway?

shhhhhh

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #409 on: June 14, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
This whole thing has Fester flumustered....

Last night in the MA he was challenging the world to meet him the DA...

(Image removed from quote.)

Fester, over the many years I've played, many of those were with you in the arena. I've always liked you. However, I  have had some friends, who would get rather full of themselves. I found that stuffing their head into the toilet on occasion did wonders for reestablishing a proper sense of their place within the universe..... Consider this a digital swirly.

True words of wisdom.  :salute Widewing

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #410 on: June 14, 2013, 01:40:10 PM »
shhhhhh
you forgot your  :banana: and same sense of or lack of humor. Kind of odd I dont see both of you around at the same time. huh... just for you MickyMidway  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #411 on: June 14, 2013, 01:43:05 PM »

Fester, over the many years I've played, many of those were with you in the arena. I've always liked you. However, I  have had some friends, who would get rather full of themselves. I found that stuffing their head into the toilet on occasion did wonders for reestablishing a proper sense of their place within the universe..... Consider this a digital swirly.

Why is it you and Dan are the only ones to ever make sense?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #412 on: June 14, 2013, 01:46:35 PM »

It's really nothing unusual.  Sometimes the best players that ever lived have to remind everyone else of their greatness.

Given the short memories of MA peons, I suggest the frequent use of reminder macros (we'll call them Remindcros) that spam channel 200 with self-adulation and DA challenges.  I suspect Fester will have no difficulty cooking up some of those as needed.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #413 on: June 14, 2013, 01:54:37 PM »

Wow, someone should sticky this somewhere

:salute Widewing.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #414 on: June 14, 2013, 02:17:10 PM »

Well said Widewing <S>
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #415 on: June 14, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
A person who averages over 8 hours a day in a game cannot refer to it as "recreation" any longer.

Well, I know a couple of retired friends that play golf that may wanna argue that point.  :D

(Good thing they take their wives.)  :aok

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #416 on: June 14, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »
you forgot your  :banana: and same sense of or lack of humor. Kind of odd I dont see both of you around at the same time. huh... just for you MickyMidway  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

swing and a miss my friend  :banana: :banana:

<S> Midway  :banana:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:39:20 PM by MickDono »

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2013, 02:40:15 PM »
Hmm, apparently MickyD has awing and he misses his friends :banana:

I think he's still comin' out swingin' tho bruh :banana:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #418 on: June 14, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »

It seems to me Wide that Midway was doing his best to antagonize Fester and although you don't know Fester that well, Fester was playing along up to the point that Midway included himself as one who can beat Fester.  Midway can't beat me in a spit of his choosing (ask him)much less Fester.  Fester called his bluff.

Really, you don't have a dog in this hunt.  Best stand down and watch only...or it has a tendency to look petty and you don't normally sound petty.  Even when something feels like there is cause for lecture doesn't mean you need to do it.

Friends?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2013, 02:54:22 PM »

Fester, over the many years I've played, many of those were with you in the arena. I've always liked you. However, I  have had some friends, who would get rather full of themselves. I found that stuffing their head into the toilet on occasion did wonders for reestablishing a proper sense of their place within the universe..... Consider this a digital swirly.

We fought three times, he won the first two fairly easy, but by the third one, I figured him out. We fought for a long time that sortie, probably a dozen turns and I got shots on him, not enough to down him though, but very close. :joystick:

Then he says I don't want to fight you any more, you're no fun, and left the DA.  :bolt:

If my shot would have been a little closer to his cockpit, he'd be done for.  I didn't save film, but point is I can beat him, on occasion.  :aok

Once I got close he was like....  :uhoh :bolt:

:)

"Best pilot there ever was." :rofl
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:57:15 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)