Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79715 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #450 on: June 14, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
Think I might just shade it up and actually try to fly again.
I'll fly with ya.  PM me with your brand newness
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #451 on: June 14, 2013, 04:36:24 PM »
Fester,

No matter the game, you cannot separate the game from the social fabric that supports it. Even Musashi realized this in his few attempts at being part of clans. Most of his life was spent alone as much to develop his skill as because he didn't play well with others. He was a master of everything he set his hand to by his own admission. Even if it was tolerating his fellow humans and the requirements of social interaction. I will venture that skill and it's discipline was the hardest test of his abilities and some of the reason for living his dying days in a cave alone.

As Widewing has inferred, there are times even the best of us cross lines and face a social intervention by our peers. From the evidence of the posters in this long walk down memory lane, what you define as a "peer" visa your game skills is not the same as your social game peers calling you to account. It takes a different set of skills to address that arena where all men are equal in the realm of ideas and spirit. You cannot force people to concede to your point of view with a stick. You will only make bitter victims laying in wait for you to stumble. So to say a social peer intervention.

I've always looked at you as the game's best in all game skillz. I would hate to see you take your ball and bat and go home in the face of this challenge. Through out history this has been the Achilles heal of many great talented men. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #452 on: June 14, 2013, 04:42:54 PM »
Fester,

No matter the game, you cannot separate the game from the social fabric that supports it. Even Musashi realized this in his few attempts at being part of clans. Most of his life was spent alone as much to develop his skill as because he didn't play well with others. He was a master of everything he set his hand to by his own admission. Even if it was tolerating his fellow humans and the requirements of social interaction. I will venture that skill and it's discipline was the hardest test of his abilities and some of the reason for living his dying days in a cave alone.

As Widewing has inferred, there are times even the best of us cross lines and face a social intervention by our peers. From the evidence of the posters in this long walk down memory lane, what you define as a "peer" visa your game skills is not the same as your social game peers calling you to account. It takes a different set of skills to address that arena where all men are equal in the realm of ideas and spirit. You cannot force people to concede to your point of view with a stick. You will only make bitter victims laying in wait for you to stumble. So to say a social peer intervention.

I've always looked at you as the game's best in all game skillz. I would hate to see you take your ball and bat and go home in the face of this challenge. Through out history this has been the Achilles heal of many great talented men. 
Do you ever not say so damn much? Every heard of keeping it simple?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #453 on: June 14, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
I'll fly with ya.  PM me with your brand newness
I gotta figure out a name lol..
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #454 on: June 14, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
I would never shade in the DA and I would never name myself Zippy.   You know better than that

:headscratch:

I guess that might be true since I almost pwned Zippy. :confused:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #455 on: June 14, 2013, 05:14:06 PM »
Care to try it again? :)

:joystick:

...and yes, I changed names to PhP to hide my shame of not being as good as I wanna be to become a member of the BEST squad in Aces High, The Few.... so I was gonna fly the Pony for a while (Professor Pony = PhP "like PhD = Professor") to sharpen my skills (didn't want higheye to know about it either), but I couldn't stand not talking to my peeps, especially the awesome members of The Few, the BEST squad in Aces High. :aok

I also mighta been a bit worried that BiP was on to me, so changing names created a diversion... but that's another story. :lol

Soon as I can I want my original good name "Midway" back so I can keep it forever and fly in peace and no longer feel the discomfort of being shady and using 2nd best good names.   If Midway not gonna be available, then I'll have to go back to "who", I suppose.  :confused: :bhead

The good thing about being "who" are the funnies like... "who knows"... "who cares, indeed"... "who's in a Pony in sec 3,4?... Neg, not me, am Spit8 in sec 8,3". :rofl

So, Mr Widewing, CIA agent look-a-like, handsome devil that you are... you wanna tango in the DA... and see if my mighty Spitfire MK VIII can down you, at will... or at least with substantial frequency? :D

<S> The awesomeness that is The Few :salute .  Holder of at least five TOC championships among just two of the best pilots ever. :rock

Fester, how many TOCs have you won? :neener:

Sure, I'm always up for some duels. I haven't done any in a while, so I'll take a few days to get the edge sharpened. PM me early next week. In the meantime, go to the Wishlist forum and request they model a revolving door for the tower... You're gonna need it. :)
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #456 on: June 14, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »

Sure, I'm always up for some duels. I haven't done any in a while, so I'll take a few days to get the edge sharpened. PM me early next week. In the meantime, go to the Wishlist forum and request they model a revolving door for the tower... You're gonna need it. :)

BaHAHAHAHAHABAHA, now that is funny!!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #457 on: June 14, 2013, 05:56:19 PM »

:rofl

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #458 on: June 14, 2013, 05:57:58 PM »
BaHAHAHAHAHABAHA, now that is funny!!!

...and oh so true.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #459 on: June 14, 2013, 06:21:17 PM »

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #460 on: June 14, 2013, 07:11:02 PM »
your right widewing.

will delete my account when I get home.

might finish my almost completed MA terrain Ive been working on but probably not.

take care all was fun!
  :salute   :cry
G3-MF

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #461 on: June 14, 2013, 07:37:47 PM »
I guess that might be true since I almost pwned Zippy. :confused:

:rolleyes:

Dope on a rope... Just when they think they have you, you snatch it away!

The oldest tricks are always the best.

Did I mention you were easy?

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #462 on: June 14, 2013, 07:40:26 PM »
:rolleyes:

Dope on a rope... Just when they think they have you, you snatch it away!

The oldest tricks are always the best.

Did I mention you were easy?

Gunzo

If you're Zippy... you and I both know what happened.  Consider yourself lucky and be glad you left the DA after the one fight where... well...  nuff said. :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #463 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »
Hey Midway,

Take me off your list w/e you call it.. I don't think you're deserving to be associated with my in-game name..

K?K

thanks
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #464 on: June 14, 2013, 07:49:47 PM »
your right widewing.

will delete my account when I get home.

might finish my almost completed MA terrain Ive been working on but probably not.

take care all was fun!

So let's see...

If Fester wouldn't have displayed the point farming <cough> as noted in the original post... :huh

then... this thread wouldn't exist in which many discussed the issue... :rolleyes:

then... Fester wouldn't have invited me to DA to prove he is the best pilot ever (his words, not mine)... :joystick:

then... Widewing wouldn't have posted said screenshot to which Fester reacted with the above response... :uhoh

then... Fester would still be flying after today.  :airplane:

Interesting chain of events, I must say. :old:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:58:54 PM by Midway »