Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79640 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #720 on: June 15, 2013, 09:44:55 PM »
well............. I pet one once :D

This one was at least 12 pounds. Licked me right in the ear the man eater.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #721 on: June 15, 2013, 09:56:53 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've only insulted a couple morons at this point but what ever.

To be honest I don't care about what he did, plus I have only flown a few times since this star by your name system began due to having a crap rig.( Changeup won't get off his bellybutton and build me a new one)As for the system, I don't get it. Just seems a bit silly but maybe it adds something to the game for some so good for them. Fester does things like go on 300 kill streaks because he can. He is no doubt one of the best to ever play the game as evidence by all the silly hate directed at him. Obvioulsy it's rubbed a few the wrong way who claim it's "cheating". Other than a star by your name is there some other gain? If it's some great infraction I would assume HTC will take his little star away. I don't know what incident you are referencing with your squad. Fill me in if you'd like my sought after opinion on it.
Thanks for the answer. It occurred in a previous thread. Fester expressed opinion on a couple of our crew shooting each other to get stars (I imagine they got perks as well).
Our culprits were asked to leave. Fester then stopped throwing stones and sat in the living room of his glass house. It was only a matter of time before he was caught out.
The only stone in my shoe is the hypocrisy of it. His skill is forgotten, his double standards won't be.
It's not hate - it's finding underwhelming standards.
Now when the handle Fester is mentioned the first thought will be, bail, bail bail to the "stars".
That notwithstanding, your answer is appreciated.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #722 on: June 15, 2013, 10:27:26 PM »
Thanks for the answer. It occurred in a previous thread. Fester expressed opinion on a couple of our crew shooting each other to get stars (I imagine they got perks as well).
Our culprits were asked to leave. Fester then stopped throwing stones and sat in the living room of his glass house. It was only a matter of time before he was caught out.
The only stone in my shoe is the hypocrisy of it. His skill is forgotten, his double standards won't be.
It's not hate - it's finding underwhelming standards.
Now when the handle Fester is mentioned the first thought will be, bail, bail bail to the "stars".
That notwithstanding, your answer is appreciated.

:aok

:salute
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:30:00 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #723 on: June 15, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »
you would go to DA with me

you know it would be fun..... :cheers:

how about a beer instead :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #724 on: June 15, 2013, 11:11:07 PM »
MMA fighters...sheesh.  Call us when you're on the telly and fighting for 3.5M in Vegas.  Until then, anyone NOT fighting for that kind of money is a minor leaguer who will train a lifetime of having their body beat to death as a training bag for a guy who WILL make it...or an ugly guy looking for a cheap way to bag a set of bones because they're "MMA" tough by hanging out in mule bars thinkin they'll find a filly. 

God created liquor for one reason....so the Irish wouldn't rule the world.  Put the bottle down before you type Dubliner...or your non-bragging, bragging will sound like bragging about rookie ball basics and impressing fine irish women that haven't met an Italian man yet. :angel:
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #725 on: June 15, 2013, 11:43:59 PM »
what Fester does with his time on AH is on him....I dont fly like him or play like him.....nor do I care what anyone else does ingame.....except not fight...only thing that bugs me...are people who play a combat game to avoid combat......

ask fester to DA and you will see he enjoys fighting quite a bit..... :aok
The fact he enjoys fighting isn't up for debate. I'm perfectly sure Fester loves a good fight.
The fact that he cheated to get some stupid worthless stars next to his name while condemning and outright hounding other players for doing what amounts to the exact same thing is the issue.
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #726 on: June 15, 2013, 11:50:44 PM »
The fact he enjoys fighting isn't up for debate. I'm perfectly sure Fester loves a good fight.
The fact that he cheated to get some stupid worthless stars next to his name while condemning and outright hounding other players for doing what amounts to the exact same thing is the issue.
That's where you're wrong.

The other incident involved 2 squaddies killing each other for perks so they could fly the easiest/best aircraft in the game risk free (whether they knew this was wrong or not I do not know, so i am not here to persecute them) this negatively affects others gameplay becaus enow everyone seems to think it's the cool thing to do and there will be 20 jets flying around any given furball. Fester didn't kill anyone for score or perks, he bailed out a bunch of times - this affects absolutely no ones gameplay other than festers.

Was it slightly hypocritical? Yes, does it matter though? No, honestly what is the big deal,  how is anyone here being affected by this? it's a friggen pixelated star, people! Calm down :rolleyes:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #727 on: June 15, 2013, 11:53:10 PM »

semp

a bowl? I quit drinking about 18 years ago :cheers:

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #728 on: June 16, 2013, 12:01:35 AM »

semp

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the beginning of a beautiful new friendship :)
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #729 on: June 16, 2013, 12:03:53 AM »

You're confusing cheating with a value judgement.  By doing what he did, he took a shortcut on a ridiculously WORTHLESS achievement.  Why not have an achievement for ripping the wings off a Spitfire 300 times or 300 GV rollovers.  He received ZERO game-play benefit....zero.  You get NOTHING for a star except the juvenile adulation of a bunch of newbs and tire kickers in-game.  They guys he was berating actually DID get in-game benefit from their self-indulgent wiener behavior.

What about the giant oxygen thieves that turn their graphics down so they can see through trees and shrubs while GVing?  Hell, that was rampant at one point.

This is funny...

All of you turds are walking over dollars to save pennies.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #730 on: June 16, 2013, 12:08:41 AM »
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the beginning of a beautiful new friendship :)

naaa...... me and semp put away our differences long ago  :salute

This one was at least 12 pounds. Licked me right in the ear the man eater.

:rofl

ya the one I pet was..........slightly bigger :O

at 900+ lbs.......

to bad the guy who owned him died and the town he lived in made his wife get rid of all the animals....... :frown:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #731 on: June 16, 2013, 12:13:42 AM »
That's where you're wrong.

The other incident involved 2 squaddies killing each other for perks so they could fly the easiest/best aircraft in the game risk free (whether they knew this was wrong or not I do not know, so i am not here to persecute them) this negatively affects others gameplay becaus enow everyone seems to think it's the cool thing to do and there will be 20 jets flying around any given furball. Fester didn't kill anyone for score or perks, he bailed out a bunch of times - this affects absolutely no ones gameplay other than festers.

Was it slightly hypocritical? Yes, does it matter though? No, honestly what is the big deal,  how is anyone here being affected by this? it's a friggen pixelated star, people! Calm down :rolleyes:

Isn't all of AH pixilated?  Our bases, our aeroplanes, our text, our voice?  It's the character of the pilot that is real, not pixilated, and being discussed based on their actions.

The community has a need to judge and opine on said character.  :old:
The community needs to know whom to hold in high esteem and to know it was properly earned.  :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #732 on: June 16, 2013, 12:15:14 AM »
You're confusing cheating with a value judgement.  By doing what he did, he took a shortcut on a ridiculously WORTHLESS achievement.  Why not have an achievement for ripping the wings off a Spitfire 300 times or 300 GV rollovers.  He received ZERO game-play benefit....zero.  You get NOTHING for a star except the juvenile adulation of a bunch of newbs and tire kickers in-game.  They guys he was berating actually DID get in-game benefit from their self-indulgent wiener behavior.

What about the giant oxygen thieves that turn their graphics down so they can see through trees and shrubs while GVing?  Hell, that was rampant at one point.

This is funny...

All of you turds are walking over dollars to save pennies.

Hi Changeup.   :joystick:

:D

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #733 on: June 16, 2013, 12:18:13 AM »
Isn't all of AH pixilated?  Our bases, our aeroplanes, our text, our voice?  It's the character of the pilot that is real, not pixilated, and being discussed based on their actions.

The community has a need to judge and opine on said character.  :old:
The community needs to know whom to hold in high esteem and to know it was properly earned.  :old:
Shaddup, everyone knows this game is real life  :old:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #734 on: June 16, 2013, 12:29:27 AM »

sob, i get drug tested at work every other week.  how about pancakes :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.