Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79661 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #765 on: June 16, 2013, 03:42:19 AM »
Whats so funny about it?! :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #766 on: June 16, 2013, 03:48:33 AM »
Fester, it does not bother me how you enjoy the game at all. My only thought was that if you grind it all out really fast wont you be bored of the game again within a few months when you've done all the stars? I mean, if you didn't grind the bail out one it would last for months and give a slow sense of accomplishment rather than a quick fix. Just a thought, it does not make a difference to any how anyone else wants to play. At least, it shouldn't!

My gameplay experience is improved by not having interest in bailing out every sortie that has no action because I use my normal routine of landing when able with no bail ach to grind.

grinding is a term from World of Warcraft. Nerd points is also a slang from World of Warcraft. WoW is a game of achievements and "grinding" where finishing levels and achevements quickly is part of the fun.

the truly enjoyable achievements for me are the historical, fighter etc achievements that encourage you to get kills in planes you would otherwise not fly. with the number of kills required many of them will last a long time before all being completed.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #767 on: June 16, 2013, 03:58:45 AM »
Some of the achievements are a PITA. Who the heck ever gets the chance to kill 2 262's much less 1?

For me the achievements are an awesome element :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #768 on: June 16, 2013, 04:15:31 AM »
a obscure online game that has such a tiny audience.

the only online game with flight models close enough to their actual ww2 counterparts to be considered an accurate representation of ww2 combat by pilots like myself that have flown ww2 aircraft.

for ww2 air combat fans this is the only game worth playing.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #769 on: June 16, 2013, 04:23:38 AM »
You have flown WWII aircraft in combat situations? :)

Awesome :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #770 on: June 16, 2013, 04:27:51 AM »
is RumbleB flying as Rumby (or something close) now?
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #771 on: June 16, 2013, 04:36:06 AM »
You have flown WWII aircraft in combat situations? :)

Awesome :)

Mock air combat? yes. And no I wasnt in ww2.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #772 on: June 16, 2013, 04:56:57 AM »
the only online game with flight models close enough to their actual ww2 counterparts to be considered an accurate representation of ww2 combat by pilots like myself that have flown ww2 aircraft.

for ww2 air combat fans this is the only game worth playing.

And I don't believe a word of the WW2 aircraft experience unless I actually saw u myself do 3 circuits in a Warbird, lot of people have had back seat rides in Warbirds. I have a real world pilots licence fixed wing and helicopters and know that PC sim are not even close to real world flying. Only Level-D type full motion and commercial simulators come close.

For WW2 air combat fans that are into games this might be the only game worth playing, otherwise its about as realistic as angry birds to bird flying.

<S>...-Gixer
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 05:05:05 AM by Gixer »

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #773 on: June 16, 2013, 05:24:10 AM »
Walks by singing Feeeeesssterrrr theeeee Mooooolllleeeeeeessssstttteee rrr.   Feeeeeessssstttteeeerrrr   theeeeeeeee Mooooooolllleeeeeesssssteeeee rrrr       :neener:       :bolt:

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #774 on: June 16, 2013, 05:25:12 AM »
And I don't believe a word of the WW2 aircraft experience unless I actually saw u myself do 3 circuits in a Warbird, lot of people have had back seat rides in Warbirds. I have a real world pilots licence fixed wing and helicopters and know that PC sim are not even close to real world flying. Only Level-D type full motion and commercial simulators come close.
For WW2 air combat fans that are into games this might be the only game worth playing, otherwise its about as realistic as angry birds to bird flying.

you don't have a tailwheel rating and don't do aerobatics do you. AH is excellent at its representation of the flight model. what it lacks is being able to give you the real sense of what its like being there with the G's the noise etc.

believe whatever you want to believe you self righteous sob. the warbird I have flown 45 hours in is the t-6 Texan and I can takeoff and land and fly it from either seat. from all accounts of people that have flown the more advanced warbirds if you can handle the texan you can fly any of them.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #775 on: June 16, 2013, 05:27:40 AM »
that's right !!

i'll pwn all you azzez... be sure bro!! :D :D :D :lol :lol :lol

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #776 on: June 16, 2013, 05:52:10 AM »
AH is excellent at its representation of the flight model. what it lacks is being able to give you the real sense of what its like being there with the G's the noise etc.

No need to get personal, im not the one that's been shown up gaming the game for stars and now posting pics to try and prove I have more experience than anyone else in the real world vs cartoon.

AH is a long long way from than even a ounce of realism than just G's and noise. It's a joke to compare any PC flightsim (AH is a game) to real flight. AH is a very dumbed down FM,Physics etc, Run full throttle dive bomb a Lanc or maybe even land it on a CV.  :lol 

Yes very realistic.   :rolleyes:

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #777 on: June 16, 2013, 05:58:19 AM »
Player gixer did not fly in Late War Tour 161
Player gixer did not fly in Late War Tour 160

tell me you fly under  a different name in game and your not another sd67/coombz bbs troll that doesn't even fly online in AH.

from what you've said about the game so derogatorily it would be logical to assume you don't play it.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 06:02:17 AM by Citabria »

Offline Gunzo

• Copper Member
« Reply #778 on: June 16, 2013, 06:06:50 AM »
The community needs to know whom to hold in high esteem and to know it was properly earned.

This from a guy who gets totally owned and then lies about it  :rofl

Gunzo
Quote from: Changeup
1. Gunzo was world-class
Quote from: PJ_Godzilla
2. What name was Gunzo flying under when he last rolled you over and made you his beeotch?
Quote from: Midway
3. I can not be more certain about the fact that Badboy is not Gunzo

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #779 on: June 16, 2013, 07:09:07 AM »
This from a guy who gets totally owned and then lies about it  :rofl

Gunzo

Have not lied at all.  Care to post film to prove it?

You're the deceitful one. Acting all friendly holding your axe to grind, leaving after just one DA duel because I almost downed you and wasn't even giving it my full effort since you offered no clue you wanted to grind said axe.  :rolleyes:

Understandable though, cause you can't talk big if you lose, huh? :ahand

Going to the DA and running away after the first duel equals girlyman.  :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)