Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79742 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #795 on: June 16, 2013, 08:22:33 AM »
but you don't play the game either right myg? another BBS hero?

and that's the thing they don't get SPKmes...

when your having this much fun with it why would you want it to stop?

it is wasting valuable smashing time though but its still fun.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #796 on: June 16, 2013, 08:25:28 AM »
Anyone recall how many pages the BK M.O.A.T. went?

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #797 on: June 16, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »
I love the game, but I only play it these days for other reasons than my own.

I would rather not play it at all, there are much better things to do with time and life.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #798 on: June 16, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
I love the game, but I only play it these days for other reasons than my own.

I would rather not play it at all, there are much better things to do with time and life.

name in game or it didn't happen. BBS hero.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #799 on: June 16, 2013, 08:36:07 AM »
not challenging enough nor epic enough. and those are your ideas not mine I like to make up my own. after all it is a big sandbox I can play in it how I want or do I need approval from the committee first? I better check in with you before I roll from now on caldera. make sure its OK and to make sure you approve of my activities for the sortie.

352 kills without dying an entire tour or getting rank 1 in every category with a lot of people determined to stop you is epic to me. nerd pointing to 15k isn't really epic to me though but it is a challenge.

sadly very few achievement challenges in AH are hard. I've done almost all the hard ones like kill 4 b29s in a sortie or kill 2 262s in a sortie etc.

Not challenging enough?  Surviving in a 262 is not more of a challenge than in a low alt Spit I, without any friends to bail you out.  

You want to be #1 at everything?  More power to you.  If you got all the other achievements done first and still had under 500 bails, then you would be truly leet and nobody would mock you for auto-bailing.

If you want to be challenged, put yourself in crappy planes with no way out alive.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #800 on: June 16, 2013, 08:41:10 AM »

Oh geez, im having to trade my BBS account stability for the sake of something else again *sigh*. I just hope HT shows some mercy (probably not).

My in-game name is "Torquila".

If you searched my post history enough, you might of found it.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #801 on: June 16, 2013, 08:50:58 AM »
Oh geez, im having to trade my BBS account stability for the sake of something else again *sigh*. I just hope HT shows some mercy (probably not).

My in-game name is "Torquila".

If you searched my post history enough, you might of found it.
thx, bai  :D
AoM
City of ice

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
« Reply #802 on: June 16, 2013, 08:52:05 AM »
Thanks debrody  :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #803 on: June 16, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »

I play often.  :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #804 on: June 16, 2013, 08:56:06 AM »
Not challenging enough?  Surviving in a 262 is not more of a challenge than in a low alt Spit I, without any friends to bail you out.  
If you want to be challenged, put yourself in crappy planes with no way out alive.

how about getting 50 kills on late war planes in crappy EW planes? getting a kill in every plane in game? getting 5 kills in a horrible Sea Hurricane?

that's what achievements are all about and what I've been doing since I started playing again about a month or so ago. flying every vehicle and plane in game.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #805 on: June 16, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
Fester, play the game how you want to play.  Just remember this next time you want to call someone else out on how they play.

You talk about other folks being self righteous.  You are guilty of it to excess.  Do as I say not as I do.  You've spent an awful lot of time proclaiming your skill and your reasons for it being ok for you to game the game.

You've also over the years made sure to let folks know your contempt for other players who do the same.

To me that's the fundamental issue.  You basically cut your own legs off.  And that's fine.  Just don't condemn anyone else for doing the same as you've been so quick to do over the years.

I'm as guilty as anyone here of being self righteous when I take the game too seriously.  But no one will ever accuse me of not practicing what I preach.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #806 on: June 16, 2013, 09:06:58 AM »
how about getting 50 kills on late war planes in crappy EW planes? getting a kill in every plane in game? getting 5 kills in a horrible Sea Hurricane?

that's what achievements are all about and what I've been doing since I started playing again about a month or so ago. flying every vehicle and plane in game.

That's something we can agree on.  :aok

I'm busy trying to get the 2500 kills in EW and MW planes achievements right now.  The Sea Hurri is slow but those guns are still Hispanos.  I got 104 kills in that one.  My goal before there even were achievements was to get 100 or more kills in every single fighter.  That goal was completed in January (hooray for me).  Being a mediocre (on a good day) player, I will never get most of the achievements completed but my ultimate goal right now, is to get every single one in the "fighter" category - except for the vulching achievement. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #807 on: June 16, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
Fester, play the game how you want to play.  Just remember this next time you want to call someone else out on how they play.

You talk about other folks being self righteous.  You are guilty of it to excess.  Do as I say not as I do.  You've spent an awful lot of time proclaiming your skill and your reasons for it being OK for you to game the game.

hey maybe your right. everyone makes mistakes including me and I have made some fine ones and will make plenty more. the achievement system is a new feature and it has some problems.

perhaps I though something non perk and non score based that didn't involve vulching a shade account or killing a squaddie while they spammed the spawn key that was done on a whim when bored and waiting for a fight was a good source of entertainment for a half hour to see how fast it could be done and no i didn't use macros.

that aspect is lost on the lynch mob here.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #808 on: June 16, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
That's something we can agree on.  :aok

I'm busy trying to get the 2500 kills in EW and MW planes achievements right now.  The Sea Hurri is slow but those guns are still Hispanos.  I got 104 kills in that one.  My goal before there even were achievements was to get 100 or more kills in every single fighter.  That goal was completed in January (hooray for me).  Being a mediocre (on a good day) player, I will never get most of the achievements completed but my ultimate goal right now, is to get every single one in the "fighter" category - except for the vulching achievement. 

I hope they expand the get a kill in every plane and vehicle to 100 in every one... even unarmed ones... that would be epic. working on EW and MW achs a bit too they are fun.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #809 on: June 16, 2013, 09:25:47 AM »
Anyone recall how many pages the BK M.O.A.T. went?
I don't think we are half way to that.