Author Topic: Got Silk?  (Read 79712 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: Got Silk?
« Reply #930 on: June 17, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »
And that's the sad part of all this...
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #931 on: June 17, 2013, 01:13:32 PM »
Well....I managed to read about 10 pages of this before it all sank in.

I'd recently been thinking about letting my son join up and fly LWMA. Then I read some of the postings here and thought to myself "Is this the kinda drivel I want to immerse my son in?  It's bad enough - I - do it!" 

I know I've posted stuff in the forum on and occasionally even stir things up on 200...but 60+ pages of this horsedung kinda helped put it all in perspective.

Thanks for helping me make the right decision as a parent, guys.  :frown:

(Sadly) I'd say it's still better than most other online games.  Detune 200, map a button on the joystick that starts the engine as well as autosquelches Php, Grayclif, maybe a couple others and tell him that's what you press to fly a plane, and away you go.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #932 on: June 17, 2013, 01:14:16 PM »

I'd recently been thinking about letting my son join up and fly LWMA. Then I read some of the postings here and thought to myself "Is this the kinda drivel I want to immerse my son in?  It's bad enough - I - do it!" 

I know I've posted stuff in the forum on and occasionally even stir things up on 200...but 60+ pages of this horsedung kinda helped put it all in perspective.

Recognizing stupidity, it's purveyors, and how best to avoid/destroy them is a great skill to learn in real life.  Let him play under close supervision.  If he properly navigates the minefield of idiocy and drama here, you can trust your job as dad has been done.  If he fully commits to all things Days of Our Cartoon Lives... well, go ahead and get the fingerprints and mugshot out of the way.

:) 

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #933 on: June 17, 2013, 01:20:32 PM »
Denied. Watch the films. Q.E.D.

Watched my film of Quendi last night and badboy this morning....

Quendi = Badboy
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #934 on: June 17, 2013, 01:21:00 PM »
Recognizing stupidity, it's purveyors, and how best to avoid/destroy them is a great skill to learn in real life.  Let him play under close supervision.  If he properly navigates the minefield of idiocy and drama here, you can trust your job as dad has been done.  If he fully commits to all things Days of Our Cartoon Lives... well, go ahead and get the fingerprints and mugshot out of the way.

:) 

All true.  I guess a life lesson or two out of this can't hurt.  Thanks, Trit...well reasoned as always.  I think my son will thank you as well.  :)

Wiley...thanks for the ideas....I'd forgotten that you can actually filter certain channels so that may help.

:salute

P.S.  Rather hoping he avoids the fingerprinting and mugshots in the future.   ;)
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #935 on: June 17, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »
Recognizing stupidity, it's purveyors, and how...

Indeed.  :old:
Lots of that in here... :old:
... thoroughly discussed... and well refuted by facts and truths. :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #936 on: June 17, 2013, 01:25:17 PM »

You needed our help for that decision?  Nooooooo.....please tell me you knew already

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #937 on: June 17, 2013, 01:30:16 PM »
You needed our help for that decision?  Nooooooo.....please tell me you knew already

Not really, but it certainly underlined the problem.  I'd struggled with this decision for 3 months now.  I guess with some vox and chat filtering, supervision and the right people to fly with (which sadly isn't always me....I'm no  :angel: either) he will be fine. 

All of which means Im keeping him fairly far away from you, Changeup.   ;)

Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #938 on: June 17, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »

You put into text, the words that were in my head...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #939 on: June 17, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
Indeed.  :old:
Lots of that in here... :old:
... thoroughly discussed... and well refuted by facts and truths. :old:

Promise breakers are another class of people Fulcrum's son should stay away from.   :old:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #940 on: June 17, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »
Promise breakers are another class of people Fulcrum's son should stay away from.   :old:

(Image removed from quote.)

Hehehehe

#ACKACKlovesyou

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #941 on: June 17, 2013, 01:44:24 PM »
Promise breakers are another class of people Fulcrum's son should stay away from.   :old:

(Image removed from quote.)

Tour 152.  98% of my air sorties were P38s and then more after that.  hundreds of kills... must you keep harping on this? :rolleyes:

I admit I wasn't perfect on that one, but 98% of air sorties being P38s and more after that is close nuff for me to feel proud. :aok

Now, please stop before SirNuke gets a headache or airsick. :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:49:23 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #942 on: June 17, 2013, 01:47:26 PM »
here we go again...

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #943 on: June 17, 2013, 01:55:52 PM »
Tour 152.  98% of my air sorties were P38s and then more after that.  hundreds of kills... must you keep harping on this? :rolleyes:

I admit I wasn't perfect on that one, but 98% of air sorties being P38s and more after that is close nuff for me to feel proud. :aok

Now, please stop before SirNuke gets a headache or airsick. :)

...for two tours...

...just to see if I can get any good at it...

...and eventually apply pwnage to the best P38 pilots in their own ride.
:D

Starting off with the P38J :aok

-AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #944 on: June 17, 2013, 01:57:22 PM »