Author Topic: p38g forward view unrealistically dim and restrictive  (Read 372 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
p38g forward view unrealistically dim and restrictive
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:37:01 PM »
the glass shading on gunsight and window armor on the p38G is so dense that its almost impossible to get a clear picture of whats happening in the forward view of the p38G.

also the headrest on the top of the glass should be able top be leaned against allowing a better field of view not a complete restriction of upward view angle please fix.

more transparent glass

move forward view limits forward.

thx.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Re: p38g forward view unrealistically dim and restrictive
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »
furthermore the headrest on top of the armored glass should be moved up above the forward canopy frame as brookes pic shows in his bug report on same subject of p38G

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:55:37 PM »
I agree the mask color and value being used to give the illusion of the thick armored glass is too dark. Your picture from the P38 handbook is deceptive. The angle of the picture was taken from is tilted to pick up in detail the N-3 gunsight behind the thick glass.

Here is a P38G cockpit photo more from level. Quite a bit of reflection causing a masking affect opposed to your photo where the camera was closer to 90 degrees to the armored glass to allow the image behind the glass to come through.

As for the relationship of the pilot's head\eyes to the pad on the top of the armored glass. You guys can argue that from the P38G WW2 photo below.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 11:26:48 PM »
And this whole time I thought it was just my eyes.

+1
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-