Author Topic: Fester  (Read 17800 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Fester
« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2013, 08:07:54 PM »
It's time for all the deflection posts....
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #226 on: June 22, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »
Who are you talking too?

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: June 22, 2013, 10:23:53 PM »
I'll probably get more than my fair share of hate for this post but after watching not only these threads but about 5 or more in the last 2 weeks I have to say...

Some of you people are pathetic, this is a GD WWII flying GAME. Ok, I understand getting to know each other, I understand venting sometimes but I'm serious you have to remember sometimes this is a FORUM for a GAME about FLYING AND COMBAT IN WWII.

Yet you people have taken this all more personally in every imaginable way than I could possibly imagine, soap operas look to you people for inspiration.

Seriously, I now completely understand why some want to quit and some want their forum accounts deleted, I'm about to follow them...  :rolleyes:

get a friggen grip people :rolleyes:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2013, 01:38:26 AM »
I'll probably get more than my fair share of hate for this post but after watching not only these threads but about 5 or more in the last 2 weeks I have to say...

Some of you people are pathetic, this is a GD WWII flying GAME. Ok, I understand getting to know each other, I understand venting sometimes but I'm serious you have to remember sometimes this is a FORUM for a GAME about FLYING AND COMBAT IN WWII.

Yet you people have taken this all more personally in every imaginable way than I could possibly imagine, soap operas look to you people for inspiration.

Seriously, I now completely understand why some want to quit and some want their forum accounts deleted, I'm about to follow them...  :rolleyes:

My feelings exactly.  Thank you for stating it.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2013, 01:51:00 AM »
I concur with Red on the out of hand nature of the situation.

That said... Fester being out of line is an understatement.... he is on a completely different line somewhere in another dimension that is out of line in itself.

DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2013, 01:55:47 AM »
I totally agree.  Folks need to treat each other with respect, remember that they are sharing the game and the boards with a lot of others.

Going out of there way to antagonize others and derailing threads just because they can ends up looking selfish and gets old in a hurry.

Sure would be more fun to talk about the enjoyment the game can provide for us WW2 airplane junkies and maybe learn something too.

Personally I believe I've seen the AH crowd at it's best, and I do believe that the majority of players are good people and just want to have fun.  That doesn't mean there isn't a place for the trash talking and jabs taken in fun.

The problem seems to be some folks don't have a sense of where the line is and it goes from fun to the village idiot convention.

So Red, out of respect for your wishes, it's the last comment I'll make here.  If the point hasn't been understood, it never will be.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2013, 05:35:30 AM »

Well said.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2013, 08:23:16 AM »

Quote from: Dan
Folks need to treat each other with respect, remember that they are sharing the game and the boards with a lot of others.

Going out of there way to antagonize others and derailing threads just because they can ends up looking selfish and gets old in a hurry.

Sure would be more fun to talk about the enjoyment the game can provide for us WW2 airplane junkies and maybe learn something too.

Personally I believe I've seen the AH crowd at it's best, and I do believe that the majority of players are good people and just want to have fun.  That doesn't mean there isn't a place for the trash talking and jabs taken in fun.

The problem seems to be some folks don't have a sense of where the line is and it goes from fun to the village idiot convention.

So Red, out of respect for your wishes, it's the last comment I'll make here.  If the point hasn't been understood, it never will be.

amen. Could not have been said better.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2013, 08:34:18 AM »
I once heard a quote:

"Bad things happen when good men do nothing"

Good, no, actually great, to see the good coming out of all this ..  <S>

You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2013, 08:40:21 AM »
And so are 'the days of our lives' 'as the world turns' of 'the young and the restless'
 :rofl
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2013, 08:58:54 AM »

listen to this lad ^^
AoM
City of ice

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »
And so are 'the days of our lives' 'as the world turns' of 'the young and the restless'
 :rofl

« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:48:05 AM by Reaper90 »
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Fud

• Nickel Member
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2013, 09:15:09 AM »

nuff said!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2013, 12:11:26 PM »
An air of hypocrisy do I smell Hmmm.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: June 23, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »
That must be your upper lip Dolby!      :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.