Author Topic: Disgusted  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Disgusted
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 03:06:21 PM »
I tend to save disgust for real life stuff, but yeah, lots of foolishness going around lately.

All of it can be fixed if more people hit the back button on the browser instead of post.    :)

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 03:06:24 PM »
Aren't you supposed to buy me beer or food neighbor?

:lol

Sure but you better let me and the missus straighten out the budget first.  :)

PM me. I need updated contact data and navigation.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2013, 03:09:08 PM »
Righton Dragon, but ya know what I don't get is we all have a lot in common really, if you think about it. Our love for WW2 aviation, history, and I'd say the vast majority of us are extremely competitive. At the same time we're intelligent enough to stick with and learn a game with a pretty steep learning curve. For a lot of us this game is like an extended family, having made lifelong friends over the years. I find it to be an incredible online community....the likes I personally have never seen before. Sometimes some us just log on to have someone to talk to. The game is an after thought. When there's a tragedy folks always step up and offer kind words, prayers and what have you.

I just don't understand what the deal is. I enjoy the light hearted jabs we dish out to one another. In some ways it brings us closer together as teammates and rivals. But there's no need to get personal and downright mean and nasty to people that we enjoy playing a game with. I think we're all better than that...at least I hope we are. Like most families, and I think that's what we are....a online family, we're going to have our infighting and disagreements. But hopefully we can dust ourselves off and learn how to treat our fellow hobbyists with more kindness and respect....especially after these recent events has shown us all just how unthinking and cruel we can be.

We're all ....or most of us anyway, are going to say something stupid and regrettable at some point on these forums. And when we do, we need to man up and admit when we're in the wrong. There's no shame in apologizes in my book. If anything it's a sign of honorable character and integrity. It's just a damned shame we as adults have to act this way. We're better than this.

That's all I have to say about the matter.   :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2013, 03:09:19 PM »
:lol

Sure but you better let me and the missus straighten out the budget first.  :)

PM me. I need updated contact data and navigation.
Budget, what's that?  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2013, 03:09:42 PM »

Hehe .. true.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 03:12:23 PM »

Hey, we could both make a short road-trip to HTCville.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
.... are going to say something stupid and regrettable at some point on these forums. And when we do, we need to man up and admit when we're in the wrong.  ....

People say stupid things in this forum?  Really?  NO!  Come on man....that's crazy talk!  :lol

:aok
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
Hey, we could both make a short road-trip to HTCville.
True, I think they are pretty close to my station again. They are in Keller now?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 03:24:24 PM »
True, I think they are pretty close to my station again. They are in Keller now?

Yuppers. Sending you a pm

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 04:54:48 PM »
Dragon, as a born and raised kid from Shaker Heights (poor side of the tracks) how are the Browns shaping up this year?

Pretty much agree with your OP.

The Browns are the Browns.  Will it ever change?  I grew up in North Olmsted and my wife of 21 years is from Olmsted Falls.  Good to see another neighborhood guy still kickin it here.

SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
The Browns are the Browns.  Will it ever change?  I grew up in North Olmsted and my wife of 21 years is from Olmsted Falls.  Good to see another neighborhood guy still kickin it here.

Shouldn't you be cooking...or stirring...or somethin?  :bolt:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Online WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2013, 06:32:21 PM »
Lots of truth in some of the above posts, as I have only been playing for a year I don't post much because of the abuse you may get for it.  No I am not a wimp and can take criticism  but the needless bashing is uncalled for and I don't feed into it or respond to it, life's to short to get worked up over a bbs post  :joystick: too many red guys to try and kill.

About the only serious responses I have seen or gotten are in the help or question area so a big  :salute to the people who actually do help subscribers.

From where I sit for the most part this is NOT a community, sure you have some great people here that do help others and help the game progress, but sad to say this place is mostly a troll factory and flame pit, no new member especially the young ones would want anything to do with this place. They might like the game but usually the first post they make people jump all over them and they check out as fast as they can, the wine and cheese crap needs to stop. You will not get new subscribers or retain the ones that do play  if all they read on the board is hate. I treat this board like I do ch200 I don't tune to it unless I need some info on the game, that's no way a community should be.

Flame on!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »
Lots of truth in some of the above posts, as I have only been playing for a year I don't post much because of the abuse you may get for it.  No I am not a wimp and can take criticism  but the needless bashing is uncalled for and I don't feed into it or respond to it, life's to short to get worked up over a bbs post  :joystick: too many red guys to try and kill.

About the only serious responses I have seen or gotten are in the help or question area so a big  :salute to the people who actually do help subscribers.

From where I sit for the most part this is NOT a community, sure you have some great people here that do help others and help the game progress, but sad to say this place is mostly a troll factory and flame pit, no new member especially the young ones would want anything to do with this place. They might like the game but usually the first post they make people jump all over them and they check out as fast as they can, the wine and cheese crap needs to stop. You will not get new subscribers or retain the ones that do play  if all they read on the board is hate. I treat this board like I do ch200 I don't tune to it unless I need some info on the game, that's no way a community should be.

Flame on!

Huh.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2013, 09:07:48 PM »
Yep. Much stupidity goin 'round :furious
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
ATTENTION
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »
Potato!

That is all.

:D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.