Author Topic: Reasonable proposals for a better AH  (Read 10604 times)

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Reasonable proposals for a better AH
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »
He got it right about tanks hitting planes with the main gun. Never in the history of the world did a tank hit a flying plane except by accident and the crew never knew it or never reported it. I do not except any claims of this by the Red army.

No pilot in the real war was stupid enough to fly right down the barrel of a gun that can only elevate 23 degrees.

If you get hit by the main gun, you are doing it all wrong.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2013, 01:12:22 PM »
Oh my god the amount of you that can't figure out this post was sarcastic just...just... *facepalm*
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2013, 01:18:48 PM »
   I, uh , um , but, oh , um

I'm uh ......

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »
Think snailman found some Snapps.
JG 52

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 02:21:06 PM »
I am German and gorgeous  :old:

I thought you were turning Japanese?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 02:23:05 PM »
Oh my god the amount of you that can't figure out this post was sarcastic just...just... *facepalm*

Sad thing is, this is just a compilation of other's actual whines...err I mean wishes.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »
Deploy the lifeboats. Women, ShtGn and rum first.  :neener:
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »

yup this forum never ceases to amaze me

although Snail, sarcastic or not, i was totally with you on the first point..:)

down with GVs! Get airborne or get out!  :old:
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 03:11:59 PM »
I dont think GVing is very good in this game. The terrain is very poor and dated.

But...a lot of players like it so more power to them. I dont think getting rid of GVs would help anything and would only lose more players.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 03:14:49 PM »
Post of the year.

A++ would read again.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 03:34:25 PM »
I dont think GVing is very good in this game. The terrain is very poor and dated.
if the terrain is your main concern, you're in the wrong place.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2013, 03:42:51 PM »
snail forgot a few tho..

more engine micromanagement!!

no rearming!!

no supplies vehicle or otherwise!!

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
- Get rid of the vehicles. It's a FLIGHT SIM for god's sake!
- Fix the cannons!
- Fix the bombers. Remove the drones .. ONE MAN ONE PLANE.  And force them to fly at historical speeds. Take away the EZ mode bombsight. They shouldn't be able to hit anything smaller than a city from 30K feet JUST LIKE IN REAL WAR
- Fix the .50 cal guns!
- Delete the ability to switch countries or to "chat" with the enemy. That's just wrong.  Did you ever hear about brave American pilots to fly for the US today and the Nazis tomorrow? That's treason in real life, son, and so it should be here
- Where there "rooks" or "knights" in WWII? No, it was Allies vs Axis. The current "countries" are a travesty, make it like the REAL THING - Axis vs Allies, and with a rolling plane set.
- Get the dam collisions right. BOTH have to take damage, just like in real life. Don't tell me about "lag", that's just an excuse for crappy programming
- Tanks are no AA vehicles. Tank rounds should not damage planes at all!
- Fuel burn should always be 1.0
- Get the price up, to at least 50$. Preferably more.  HTC will make more money while the riff raff will be driven away. Those skilless foulmouthed welfare people are very detriment to the game, a higher percentage of successful upper class people will bring back class to the game as well.
- WWII planes had no neaon signs hover above them! NO icons and NO inflight dar! If you wanna have dar, have someone sitting in tower and give you updates.
- Fix the Spixteen and the magic Brewster! They are a parody of the real planes, they should not be able to accelerate to 400mph while going straight up!
- PERK everything but a few ENY 40 planes. Wanna fly something better than a P-40C? EARN IT!
- Killshooter is retarded. There was friendly fire in WW2, so it should be here. This one should definitely improve combat!
- B-25's did take off from CV's and B-29's did carry atomic bombs! So they should do both in this WW2 SIMULAtION as well!
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here.
- Stop the silly filtering and moderation. it's a COMBAT game, and men in combat ain't polite all the time. If you can't bear it, go play some FB farm games, you %!!&§&%" ! Toughen up!

(Image removed from quote.)

I work while injured and barely make the money I do. I don't get food stamps or any other kind of welfare, but I highly enjoy this game. I dedicate my time working on our squad site including "granted it's incomplete" a up-to-date resource index and donate my time to the AvA in hopes of building it up.

Granted I am pretty much the bottom of the social ladder, and can even be called scum... But am I really riff raff? I don't deserve to play the game?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »
I work while injured and barely make the money I do. I don't get food stamps or any other kind of welfare, but I highly enjoy this game. I dedicate my time working on our squad site including "granted it's incomplete" a up-to-date resource index and donate my time to the AvA in hopes of building it up.

Granted I am pretty much the bottom of the social ladder, and can even be called scum... But am I really riff raff? I don't deserve to play the game?
:rofl  there are others here in much better shape financially who better fit that position on the "social ladder" bud.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Online Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here.
No young people have right to play a game you realize that right
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named