Author Topic: Reasonable proposals for a better AH  (Read 10801 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Reasonable proposals for a better AH
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2013, 05:09:16 PM »
Hard to observe when you can't enter the arena. There's more to observation
than reading the limited stats that are made available on the website.

After spending more than 11,000 hours in the LW alone in 8 years, having been a tainer and doing the stats stuff for ~5 years (and much deeper than I have shown so far) while constantly cross checking all sources of information (including in game),
I doubt that most of my observations and conclusions I have made recently have been made totally invalid by not playing for 1.5 months now. In which no gameplay mechanism was changed by the way.

So ...    :P
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2013, 05:27:49 PM »
After reading that post, now I just can't get the image of Lusche sitting in a high-backed leather chair in a dark, windowless room in front of a wall that is covered in printed out graphs, charts, and spreadsheets of varying ages.  His fingers tented as his eyes scan the wall, a grave look on his face...

What is he planning?  :noid

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2013, 05:40:23 PM »
After reading that post, now I just can't get the image of Lusche sitting in a high-backed leather chair in a dark, windowless room in front of a wall that is covered in printed out graphs, charts, and spreadsheets of varying ages.  His fingers tented as his eyes scan the wall, a grave look on his face...

What is he planning?  :noid

:rofl  :aok

The prosaic reality:

No stats to be seen anywhere in this room with 2 large windows (well, the view utterly sucks, but there are windows neverthenless), I just came back from a visit at the opera house (having watched the operetta "Die Csardasfürstin") and I only plan to fire up my virtual drum machine and to maltreat my Ibanez for some time.

So believe it or not, my life ain't all about AH.  :old:

Only most of it.  :uhoh

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »
just one :bolt:
wanna bet on that?
Your a little blind  :neener:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »

Have you actually read this thread before typing this answer? :)
Why read the entire thread or use reading comprehension, it's much easier to fly off the handle and post random "angry words"!
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2013, 07:06:07 PM »
Still hooking them.  And, imho, you didn't even use half the popular ones, like repair at rearm pads, or airspawns for buffs.  :devil
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2013, 07:21:09 PM »
I read it, Lusche.  I even get it is in jest....but there is just enough of a ring of authenticity to the post it makes one wonder. 

Think about how someone who's only recently been exposed to the game might think after initially reading your post....like my 13 year old son who read it and then asked me what you have against people on welfare, was AH really going to go to 50 dollars a month, etc.  etc.

Again, just sayin'....

Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2013, 08:04:15 PM »
- Get rid of the vehicles. It's a FLIGHT SIM for god's sake! Variety Keeps Interest.  If vehicles were removed the player base would drop and there would be a lot of people who'd move on due to lack of interest.
- Fix the bombers. Remove the drones .. ONE MAN ONE PLANE.  And force them to fly at historical speeds. Take away the EZ mode bombsight. They shouldn't be able to hit anything smaller than a city from 30K feet JUST LIKE IN REAL WARAs a person who can routinely take HQ's down in one pass, I think this might be a good point, but I still like it haha.
- Delete the ability to switch countries or to "chat" with the enemy. That's just wrong.  Did you ever hear about brave American pilots to fly for the US today and the Nazis tomorrow? That's treason in real life, son, and so it should be hereObsessive.  This is a "game"
- Where there "rooks" or "knights" in WWII? No, it was Allies vs Axis. The current "countries" are a travesty, make it like the REAL THING - Axis vs Allies, and with a rolling plane set.Like the two country thing, it's not possible to create balance AND historical preservation with this plan.
- Get the dam collisions right. BOTH have to take damage, just like in real life. Don't tell me about "lag", that's just an excuse for crappy programmingAgree totally with the first half, low blow on the second.
- Tanks are no AA vehicles. Tank rounds should not damage planes at all!So theoretically a Sherman couldn't damage a plane with it's guns?  No matter how statistically improbable???
- Fuel burn should always be 1.0Logical
- Get the price up, to at least 50$. Preferably more.  HTC will make more money while the riff raff will be driven away. Those skilless foulmouthed welfare people are very detriment to the game, a higher percentage of successful upper class people will bring back class to the game as well.This is why no one should take this seriously.  If you really think this, then you aren't as smart as I think you are.  50 people would be active subscribers and you know it.  If wealthy people don't play this game in a recession, what in the reasonable WORLD makes you think it would bring ANY benefit to this game to drive away 75% of the players.  I have more to add, but See Rule #4.
- WWII planes had no neaon signs hover above them! NO icons and NO inflight dar! If you wanna have dar, have someone sitting in tower and give you updates.It's a game, and since all countries can fly the same plane, how could you possibly decide WHICH P51 to shoot at.  Related to the point above, I get that but again, you cannot guarantee balance AND historical accuracy
- Fix the Spixteen and the magic Brewster! They are a parody of the real planes, they should not be able to accelerate to 400mph while going straight up!Couldn't agree more, they need to plug holes before making the boat bigger.
- PERK everything but a few ENY 40 planes. Wanna fly something better than a P-40C? EARN IT!I would tend to agree with this very much so, but I think the ENY system AND perks system needs a real long redevelopment.  This could be a GINORMOUS fix to the game
- Killshooter is retarded. There was friendly fire in WW2, so it should be here. This one should definitely improve combat!You really ok with holding kills and flying for an hour for some D-bag to ruin it just cause he's bored???
- B-25's did take off from CV's and B-29's did carry atomic bombs! So they should do both in this WW2 SIMULAtION as well!Logical.  Make A-bombs cost about 2,000 perks lol
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here. Obviously an attempt at a joke...
- Stop the silly filtering and moderation. it's a COMBAT game, and men in combat ain't polite all the time. If you can't bear it, go play some FB farm games, you %!!&§&%" ! Toughen up!+1
Being who you are, I can't believe that you believe in all of these points, nonetheless, some are good points.  Doubt you'll see traction on a single one of them...
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2013, 08:07:07 PM »
<- speechless  :confused:

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »
Do you see my point yet?

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2013, 08:17:50 PM »
There isn't a single original thought in my original post. I just remembered some of the worst ideas that popped up repeatedly over the years and put it in a single post.
I expected the occasional laugh and then other players to add other "fixes" for AH they have heard of. I'm rather perplexed by the fact that anybody who has followed the BBS and my post history in particular could take it seriously  :huh
Gotcha back.     :banana: :aok
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »
 :D

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »
I read it, Lusche.  I even get it is in jest....but there is just enough of a ring of authenticity to the post it makes one wonder. 

Think about how someone who's only recently been exposed to the game might think after initially reading your post....like my 13 year old son who read it and then asked me what you have against people on welfare, was AH really going to go to 50 dollars a month, etc.  etc.

Again, just sayin'....

what if your son stumbled apon a news article that said guns are bad, or the world is flat?
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2013, 08:33:56 PM »
what if your son stumbled apon a news article that said guns are bad, or the world is flat?
If you knew fulcrum you'd know that the article is the least of his worries  :devil