Author Topic: Reasonable proposals for a better AH  (Read 10961 times)

Offline Myg

• aka Torquila (PNG)
  • Copper Member
Re: Reasonable proposals for a better AH
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2013, 04:33:33 PM »
Wow...falling on your sword over a silly game. 

ack-ack

If its only a game, then what am I falling on?  :)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »
You know it's not wise to poke the eye of the owner of the forums...

He has had one BBS account banned already, why should he worry about another.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2013, 06:36:40 PM »
Still more on the hook, my post stands again minus the pity.  :lol

Woah, wait a minute, there's pitty here in this community!?  Will you sign my petition requesting HTCs to return my deleted perk points?  :D

See rule #5

See rule #4 .

HiTech

Don't forget rule #15 - You own it.

The first was in a question form without the question mark.

See rule #11 and/or #12

The second was a positive contribution to the thread, if you wish to pick out how it is not please reason it otherwise, instead of hearsay. The fact that you were able to invoke the above "yes man" typical responses further reveals the generalities in your approach.

See rule #4 (the first half, in regards to your question about missunderstanding it's later half, IE: "If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.")
Your original complaint should of incurred a rule #8, and the post itself was a violation of rule #2.
And your most recent accusation should have incurred a rule #7

In the end of all things, you should really remember rule #15.

*exits stage right for violating rule #13 earlier and #5 presently.*   :banana:
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2013, 07:01:14 PM »
And what Myg and others have suggested is that the original intent of the post itself violated rule #4.  The post wasn't meant to add anything of substance to the community, just rile up those who have different opinions that the power holding minority in AH/AHBBS.  All you've really done is troll the community and try to stir up the 'newbies' or those who aren't as 'enlightened' as you all.

This entire thread really isn't anything that brings to the front any change, other than the humiliation and out-casting of people who like those 'sinful' ideas.  The great thing about this community is that it is completely run as a class system.  If you are in the self-proclaimed elite group that steers the opinions and decisions made for the community through humiliation and bully tactics, then you basically can do as you please (What is being suggested about Lusche, of course MUCH more politely).  

If you happen to be in that group of people who are told, "play don't talk" by the upper class, then so long as you know your role then you are seen as "cool".  Step outside those boundaries and it's your turn at the pillory.

Then there's that class of "newb", you've only been here 2 years so what could you possibly know about this game.  It's amazing to see a bunch of cartoon bullies circle these people like piranhas would circle a cow.  We stress the importance of no tolerance for bully's in our schools but as adults we do it so frequently, some are experts at it.  You treat these people like crap, and you shouldn't.

It really is soooo high school, only for people who are absolute maniacs about air warfare.  (I use maniacs in a very positive connotation, I'm literally constantly amazed by some of these guys)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:04:17 PM by Ten60 »
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »
And what Myg and others have suggested is that the original intent of the post itself violated rule #4.  The post wasn't meant to add anything of substance to the community, just rile up those who have different opinions that the power holding minority in AH/AHBBS.  All you've really done is troll the community and try to stir up the 'newbies' or those who aren't as 'enlightened' as you all.

This entire thread really isn't anything that brings to the front any change, other than the humiliation and out-casting of people who like those 'sinful' ideas.  The great thing about this community is that it is completely run as a class system.  If you are in the self-proclaimed elite group that steers the opinions and decisions made for the community through humiliation and bully tactics, then you basically can do as you please (What is being suggested about Lusche, of course MUCH more politely). 

If you happen to be in that group of people who are told, "play don't talk" by the upper class, then so long as you know your role then you are seen as "cool".  Step outside those boundaries and it's your turn at the pillory.

Then there's that class of "newb", you've only been here 2 years so what could you possibly know about this game.  It's amazing to see a bunch of cartoon bullies circle these people like piranhas would circle a cow.  We stress the importance of no tolerance for bully's in our schools but as adults we do it so frequently, some are experts at it.  You treat these people like crap, and you shouldn't.

It really is soooo high school, only for people who are absolute maniacs about air warfare.  (I use maniacs in a very positive connotation, I'm literally constantly amazed by some of these guys)

I bet $5 it has more to do with the fact that nobody has even hit the report to moderator button on this thread's OP than it does with your explanation... although it is likely now beyond 156 hours, 11-pages, and an established conversation (within the rules of this board) too futile at this point.

But, I agree with your post at heart, there is indeed a good lesson to be had here in regards to humility.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:20:28 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »
And what Myg and others have suggested is that the original intent of the post itself violated rule #4.  The post wasn't meant to add anything of substance to the community, just rile up those who have different opinions that the power holding minority in AH/AHBBS.  All you've really done is troll the community and try to stir up the 'newbies' or those who aren't as 'enlightened' as you all.

It was blatantly obvious by the 2nd item on the list that the only intent of the post was to make people laugh. I was LOL when I read the post. I found it so funny, I got up and went across the hall said to skuzzy, go read this post. Not long after I hear laughter coming from his office.

Trolls are written to try suck people into getting angry.

Hence this is  not a troll.

Now it may be that I find it funny simply because I have heard so many ideas in the last 20 years that are  completely not thought threw. Just as every item on the list was not thought out very well.

I also finding amazing to the point of being speechless on some posts,  that anyone could have thought Lusche was serious.

HiTech

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30:03 PM »
This post by the snailman was nothing more then to bring a little humor, I thought it was real funny but all the drama queens took it the wrong way. To those people who took it the wrong way I think you need to get outside a little bit more.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2013, 08:05:45 PM »
I know its less wise to let the owner be blind to the way things are sometimes. Some of the greatest things were ruined due to lack of vigilance and fear of reprisal on behalf of the part of the community. I understand the desire for high quality players and interaction, which ironcically is one of the "joke" items on the original post but being pushed around by rules that can seemingly be bent at the slightest cross of mental perspective is something I am willing to give my virtual avatar up for. Even if it be my last one.
I've found over the last 10 years that Hitech is usually right... usually meaning always!~ :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
And what Myg and others have suggested is that the original intent of the post itself violated rule #4.  The post wasn't meant to add anything of substance to the community, just rile up those who have different opinions that the power holding minority in AH/AHBBS.  All you've really done is troll the community and try to stir up the 'newbies' or those who aren't as 'enlightened' as you all.

This entire thread really isn't anything that brings to the front any change, other than the humiliation and out-casting of people who like those 'sinful' ideas.  The great thing about this community is that it is completely run as a class system.  If you are in the self-proclaimed elite group that steers the opinions and decisions made for the community through humiliation and bully tactics, then you basically can do as you please (What is being suggested about Lusche, of course MUCH more politely). 

If you happen to be in that group of people who are told, "play don't talk" by the upper class, then so long as you know your role then you are seen as "cool".  Step outside those boundaries and it's your turn at the pillory.

Then there's that class of "newb", you've only been here 2 years so what could you possibly know about this game.  It's amazing to see a bunch of cartoon bullies circle these people like piranhas would circle a cow.  We stress the importance of no tolerance for bully's in our schools but as adults we do it so frequently, some are experts at it.  You treat these people like crap, and you shouldn't.

It really is soooo high school, only for people who are absolute maniacs about air warfare.  (I use maniacs in a very positive connotation, I'm literally constantly amazed by some of these guys)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2013, 08:50:35 PM »
- Get rid of the vehicles. It's a FLIGHT SIM for god's sake!
- Fix the cannons!
- Fix the bombers. Remove the drones .. ONE MAN ONE PLANE.  And force them to fly at historical speeds. Take away the EZ mode bombsight. They shouldn't be able to hit anything smaller than a city from 30K feet JUST LIKE IN REAL WAR
- Fix the .50 cal guns!
- Delete the ability to switch countries or to "chat" with the enemy. That's just wrong.  Did you ever hear about brave American pilots to fly for the US today and the Nazis tomorrow? That's treason in real life, son, and so it should be here
- Where there "rooks" or "knights" in WWII? No, it was Allies vs Axis. The current "countries" are a travesty, make it like the REAL THING - Axis vs Allies, and with a rolling plane set.
- Get the dam collisions right. BOTH have to take damage, just like in real life. Don't tell me about "lag", that's just an excuse for crappy programming
- Tanks are no AA vehicles. Tank rounds should not damage planes at all!
- Fuel burn should always be 1.0
- Get the price up, to at least 50$. Preferably more.  HTC will make more money while the riff raff will be driven away. Those skilless foulmouthed welfare people are very detriment to the game, a higher percentage of successful upper class people will bring back class to the game as well.
- WWII planes had no neaon signs hover above them! NO icons and NO inflight dar! If you wanna have dar, have someone sitting in tower and give you updates.
- Fix the Spixteen and the magic Brewster! They are a parody of the real planes, they should not be able to accelerate to 400mph while going straight up!
- PERK everything but a few ENY 40 planes. Wanna fly something better than a P-40C? EARN IT!
- Killshooter is retarded. There was friendly fire in WW2, so it should be here. This one should definitely improve combat!
- B-25's did take off from CV's and B-29's did carry atomic bombs! So they should do both in this WW2 SIMULAtION as well!
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here.
- Stop the silly filtering and moderation. it's a COMBAT game, and men in combat ain't polite all the time. If you can't bear it, go play some FB farm games, you %!!&§&%" ! Toughen up!

(Image removed from quote.)

dear lusche, without charts or graphs to back up all of this, your list is total poppycock! you cant just come in and make a list like this without backing it up somehow. for god sake, you don't even have any pictures of sheep anywhere in this post. please reconsider your thoughts!!   :D 

<S>

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2013, 09:00:38 PM »

This entire thread really isn't anything that brings to the front any change, other than the humiliation and out-casting of people who like those 'sinful' ideas.  The great thing about this community is that it is completely run as a class system.  If you are in the self-proclaimed elite group that steers the opinions and decisions made for the community through humiliation and bully tactics, then you basically can do as you please (What is being suggested about Lusche, of course MUCH more politely).  

Lusche's post was intended to be nothing more than making a joke and getting people to laugh, just like a thread that SAPP made a couple of years ago in a similar fashion.  It wasn't intended to make fun of any player or group of players, it was only meant to have fun and create some laughs.  A sign of a healthy community is one that can laugh at itself from time to time.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2013, 09:11:21 PM »
- Get rid of the vehicles. It's a FLIGHT SIM for god's sake!
- Fix the cannons!
- Fix the bombers. Remove the drones .. ONE MAN ONE PLANE.  And force them to fly at historical speeds. Take away the EZ mode bombsight. They shouldn't be able to hit anything smaller than a city from 30K feet JUST LIKE IN REAL WAR
- Fix the .50 cal guns!
- Delete the ability to switch countries or to "chat" with the enemy. That's just wrong.  Did you ever hear about brave American pilots to fly for the US today and the Nazis tomorrow? That's treason in real life, son, and so it should be here
- Where there "rooks" or "knights" in WWII? No, it was Allies vs Axis. The current "countries" are a travesty, make it like the REAL THING - Axis vs Allies, and with a rolling plane set.
- Get the dam collisions right. BOTH have to take damage, just like in real life. Don't tell me about "lag", that's just an excuse for crappy programming
- Tanks are no AA vehicles. Tank rounds should not damage planes at all!
- Fuel burn should always be 1.0
- Get the price up, to at least 50$. Preferably more.  HTC will make more money while the riff raff will be driven away. Those skilless foulmouthed welfare people are very detriment to the game, a higher percentage of successful upper class people will bring back class to the game as well.
- WWII planes had no neaon signs hover above them! NO icons and NO inflight dar! If you wanna have dar, have someone sitting in tower and give you updates.
- Fix the Spixteen and the magic Brewster! They are a parody of the real planes, they should not be able to accelerate to 400mph while going straight up!
- PERK everything but a few ENY 40 planes. Wanna fly something better than a P-40C? EARN IT!
- Killshooter is retarded. There was friendly fire in WW2, so it should be here. This one should definitely improve combat!
- B-25's did take off from CV's and B-29's did carry atomic bombs! So they should do both in this WW2 SIMULAtION as well!
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here.
- Stop the silly filtering and moderation. it's a COMBAT game, and men in combat ain't polite all the time. If you can't bear it, go play some FB farm games, you %!!&§&%" ! Toughen up!

(Image removed from quote.)

I think the team HiTech has assembled has done a great job. On any given night or any given terrain there is always something to do in the LWA. I started up for the second time when the WW1 arena began. I love those old biplanes ( and triplane ), but when the numbers diminished I started driving GV's and have been enjoying them ever since. I up a fighter occasionally and take a bomber out on a mission as well when there are no GV battles. I have GV'ed in all three counties and I have found there is a great community in all three countries. The cooperation and comradery among the GV'ers is outstanding. The thing about being successful is you have to be patient. It takes a long time to learn. I have received allot help when flying too,  but I have not spent enough time to get to know the flying community.  It may indeed be a flight sim but the GV community is pretty big now and when you look at overall numbers GV's help keep the sim fresh. I am looking forward to the three new tanks in the next update. If the LWA is no longer your thing, try out the MWA because it is smaller and more personal. You can chat with your opponent and carry on a friendly conversation.......which is a little harder to do in the LWA. The MWA is much more relaxed.

My two cents.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2013, 01:53:38 AM »
I think Aces high BBS would be way better if there were more cleaver trolls.... Hell, doesn't everyone like fishing?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:02:47 AM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: June 28, 2013, 02:00:07 AM »
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."