Author Topic: Lost Asset  (Read 2725 times)

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
Re: Lost Asset
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 06:15:12 PM »
and yet, here it still stands when every other mmo flight sim has come and gone. says something about perception doesn't it...

the real question is, if you dislike it so much, why are you still here lurking in the forums?

wait are we talking about the graphics, me, or the game? cause I still like the game, not the graphics tho, and I still log in from time to time.

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 06:47:11 PM »
The true games have never been about graphics.

My brother talked me into flying in 97 in AW, I played for a bit and said "man these graphics SUCK!"  He then told me that the game was not about the graphics.  He was correct then, it is correct now.  Graphics are merely the eye candy and when it comes to a knock down drag out sweating and shaking hands fight, they mean very little.

I am confident that HTC knows this, but I will mention it anyway.....

Pay no heed to these type of posts and keep doing what you are doing to provide an excellent product.
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 09:11:53 PM »
Immersion factor is aided by visuals.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 04:51:11 AM »
When I started playing this game I was told it was a WWII combat sim not WWII flight sim :old:

I play Rise of Flight and I have a top of the range PC, the Graphics are good but multiplayer is not as good AH :old:

Graphics are good in AH on my PC :old:

How Disrespectful is this to the AH team and all the other people who like the game?

How many people complaining about the game have scores in double figures is the interesting point :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 05:36:59 AM »
When I started playing this game I was told it was a WWII combat sim not WWII flight sim :old:

I play Rise of Flight and I have a top of the range PC, the Graphics are good but multiplayer is not as good AH :old:

Graphics are good in AH on my PC :old:

How Disrespectful is this to the AH team and all the other people who like the game?

How many people complaining about the game have scores in double figures is the interesting point :)

Just like the graphics, who care about score or rank.....remember it's all about the combat :x :x :x :x
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2013, 06:28:42 AM »
The graphics are dated. 1/2 the membership is gone. Game play is poorer.

The rest is denial.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2013, 08:20:33 AM »

The rest is denial.
and you think the loss of subscribers is due to the graphics? must be an interesting planet you're on...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 09:14:41 AM »
and you think the loss of subscribers is due to the graphics? must be an interesting planet you're on...

While I don't think it is the main reason it IS a reason. I'm sure many of the new players who check this game out as well as World of thunder and others looking for a "flight game" give it bad marks right off the start due to the graphics. You have to admit the other games graphics look far superior to these. If your looking to buy a car and of the ten sitting in front of you one looks really cool, which one are you going to look at the most?

Sure if your smart enough your NOT going to base your choice on looks alone. The other factors are not in HTC's favor either. Price, the other have free to play.... no brainer for most "gamers" these day. Ease of play, again the others are much easier to play, heck you don't even need a joystick to be competitive right out of the box. Game play, not sure about the others, but here your IN a horde, or trying to fight AGAINST a horde during "prime time US". Community, again I don't know about the others, but here we can have a pretty toxic community, both here on the boards as well as in the game. Yesterday afternoon the topic was religion on 200. I squelched a bunch of people and it was ok, but then the Bish horde won the map and I got to do it all over again.

What pluses does this game have to someone who jumps in for their 2 week trial? Understand that a newbie isn't going to be able to appreciate a great flight model, nor the damage model nor the game play options available as they are relentlessly hammered both in the sky, and verbally on the radio.  

So what is "good" about Aces High for the newbie?

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 10:03:13 AM »
While I don't think it is the main reason it IS a reason. I'm sure many of the new players who check this game out as well as World of thunder and others looking for a "flight game" give it bad marks right off the start due to the graphics. You have to admit the other games graphics look far superior to these. If your looking to buy a car and of the ten sitting in front of you one looks really cool, which one are you going to look at the most?

Sure if your smart enough your NOT going to base your choice on looks alone. The other factors are not in HTC's favor either. Price, the other have free to play.... no brainer for most "gamers" these day. Ease of play, again the others are much easier to play, heck you don't even need a joystick to be competitive right out of the box. Game play, not sure about the others, but here your IN a horde, or trying to fight AGAINST a horde during "prime time US". Community, again I don't know about the others, but here we can have a pretty toxic community, both here on the boards as well as in the game. Yesterday afternoon the topic was religion on 200. I squelched a bunch of people and it was ok, but then the Bish horde won the map and I got to do it all over again.

What pluses does this game have to someone who jumps in for their 2 week trial? Understand that a newbie isn't going to be able to appreciate a great flight model, nor the damage model nor the game play options available as they are relentlessly hammered both in the sky, and verbally on the radio.  

So what is "good" about Aces High for the newbie?
Question sir when the rooks win the map is it because of a horde. or only when bish win?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »

The rest is denial.

Are you telling me Hitech creations have not a got a AH on par with all the other flight simulators in regards to graphics :rofl

AH will always have a limited niche market in regards to gaming :)

I know everything there is to know about this market....................... ..............oh I don't :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl 

The GFC

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 10:12:08 AM »
The true games have never been about graphics.

I agree.

I also agree the current trend in perception is that games must BLOW YOU AWAY graphically for the game to be good...and they'll eventually get around to the content stuff or not.

My son is a hard core gamer.  The "hard core" name is abused.  Let me put it this way.  He is and has been ranked number one on various current game engines.  He has a level of objectivity that most do not poses.  He also has a tech day job and is doing well for his age.  My point in bringing this up is that he and those near his skill level feel that game quality, AI and depth of play is currently suffering hugely during this current graphic mania trend.  They feel it is being done to dumb down games for the masses.

I salute AH for staying commited to the flight model and other aspects that we all cherish...and getting around to that uber graphic stuff would be cool...or not.

Slade  :salute
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 10:16:47 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 11:05:48 AM »
I keep hearing on wot how their airplane game is a big fail.  why don't you try it. I did, its bad.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2013, 11:13:06 AM »

IMHO a lot of people on both sides of the arguments here do have a very limited point of view and often use only their own, personal pet peeve as the sole argument for or against everything.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
How dare you!

I demand a full apology! :old:

The GFC

Offline Lusche