Author Topic: Haven't been flying....  (Read 326 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Haven't been flying....
« on: June 26, 2013, 06:29:04 PM »
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Haven't been flying....
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:34:25 PM »
That's a beautiful place, Colmbo.  Next to Kodiak, Seward was our favorite place in Alaska.

- oldman

Offline TopGear

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »
That is really cool, stunning pictures. I  really liked the video, seeing the orcas must be pretty thrilling. They move so effortlessly it seems. 'the aft end' made me chuckle.  Very nice.  :aok
Is this your retirement? Holiday? Job?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 02:01:34 AM »
He's been making us jealous every year for a long while over at warbirds.

I'll bet the fish taste delicious.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 07:47:08 AM »
 :)

I was wondering where you were :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 08:28:18 AM »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 12:04:58 PM »
Wow!  Do you own that boat?

My boss lives on a boat near Toronto in the harbor, he does it almost year round, but it's a huge boat, I forget how many feet long, but has 3 master cabins, 4 bathrooms, and 2 rooms with double beds, and sleeps like 10 comfortably.  I've always wanted a sailboat like that, or just like the one in your pics.

Great killer whale pic, and even better video with the dolphins.  I hope everyone is checking out the video as well as the pics...amazing stuff.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:06:49 PM by Gman »

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 08:17:01 PM »
Wow!  Do you own that boat?

Yes.  Well, me and the wife, credit union, insurance company and several marine supply companies.  :D

In the video the black and white creatures are Dall's porpoise.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 11:55:50 PM »
A much more productive place to spend your time.  :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
That is insanely cool, and like I said, been one of my bucket list things as well, health permitting.  I would LOVE to be part of the live aboard community out in Vancouver, and sail up and down the Pacific west coast on a nice 40 or 50 footer.  

I'd love to see more pictures of the interior of your boat, as well as more video, and more more pictures more more more just in general.

The first part of the video looked like perfect sailing conditions, from a newbie anyhow.  How many knots were you doing there, it looked pretty fast, like 8 or 10 knots to me.  How long did it take you to get proficient in sailing, and did you take any courses etc?

Great stuff.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:56:27 AM by Gman »

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 12:00:07 PM »

I'd love to see more pictures of the interior of your boat

There are some interior shots here.

and more more pictures more more more just in general.

Alaska sailing photos here.

And lots of other shots here.  There is video of flying the Mustang, T-6, Cessnas, B-24 and B-17 here as well.

Thanks and enjoy.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 12:01:39 PM by colmbo »
Columbo

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 09:08:32 AM »
Awesome, thanks for sharing personal stuff with us like that.  That's the exact type of sailboat I'd love to get, with a big main cabin and good kitchen and dining area.  You're very fortunate to be able to sail up there.  Great pics, although if I put a pic up of my wife in the kitchen, she would brain me with the frying pan, ha ha.

There are some great vids and pics here, I hope others take the time to check them out.