Author Topic: OMG, look at the front page  (Read 13399 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: OMG, look at the front page
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2013, 06:26:36 AM »
I think gixer is asking to dump the current playerbase in favour of the masses who wouldn't have the patience to play this game anyway. In other words become war thunder

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »
AcesHigh's majority are of the Pentium II, voodoo3 PC's variety.

:noid
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: July 02, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
Steam is not a reflection of our client base.  Not even close.  The real statistics come much closer to our reality.

Well since HT isn't willing to share "the real statistics" or allow a forum based user poll. Can only go by what's publicaly available.

Ask the question, does the game match the current user base, or does the user base match the current state of the game visually.

Anyway, can't discuss any further, I've already received PM from HT.

I think gixer is asking to dump the current playerbase in favour of the masses who wouldn't have the patience to play this game anyway. In other words become war thunder

Sorry can't discuss any further see my reply to Skuzzy.

Someone will have to open a dedicated thread with HT approval to discuss.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: July 02, 2013, 08:41:24 AM »
I'd rather have the fantastic flight model and lots of interesting toy planes than photorealistic landscapes myself. My flying started some time ago as a space pilot in the wireframe universe which was Elite on the BBC Model B, so AH looks brilliant to me. As long as I pretty well know where the ground is and have the good sense to fly in the other direction, I'm happy.  :banana:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #214 on: July 02, 2013, 09:36:35 AM »
I'd rather have the fantastic flight model and lots of interesting toy planes than photorealistic landscapes myself. My flying started some time ago as a space pilot in the wireframe universe which was Elite on the BBC Model B, so AH looks brilliant to me. As long as I pretty well know where the ground is and have the good sense to fly in the other direction, I'm happy.  :banana:

This.

MH

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: July 02, 2013, 10:11:40 AM »

Those who would trade essential graphics for an above average flight model deserve neither.   :old:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #216 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:55 AM »

Those who would trade essential graphics for an above average flight model deserve neither.   :old:

Wasn't that a quote from one of flight simmings most hallowed four fathers (thank cod we only had four - still, mother wasn't sure), Benjammin Henry?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: July 02, 2013, 10:16:14 AM »
so, which graphics are "essential"?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #218 on: July 02, 2013, 10:18:07 AM »

Gunsite. Enemy plane. Horizon.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2013, 10:19:24 AM »
Gunsite. Enemy plane. Horizon.
wasn't talking to you peanut...   :neener:   :D
jarhed  

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »

Is the flight model so dear, or view distance so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me awesome graphics or give me death!
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #221 on: July 02, 2013, 10:23:53 AM »
    "And so, my fellow Aces Highers, ask not what your graphics can do for you; ask what you can do for your graphics. My fellow players of the game, ask not what Aces High will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of Aces High."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: July 02, 2013, 10:24:39 AM »

I think we have what is essential. There are plenty of eye candy games available.
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:31 AM »
Is the flight model so dear, or view distance so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me awesome graphics or give me death!
wish granted...you can now go to warthunder or world of warplanes and enjoy the "awesome graphics" without being held back by the view distance or the flight model.
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, open the graphics. Mr. Gorbachev — Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"