Author Topic: 'enemy at the gates' achievement  (Read 621 times)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
'enemy at the gates' achievement
« on: July 02, 2013, 10:17:14 AM »
First achievement:
Drop the troop that captures a base near an enemy HQ.
This would be even more glorious, lol, than 'the troop that won the war' because this achievement would set off the chain reaction that could cause a side to lose the war.

As I understand, not all bases are capture'able.  Specifically, the three red outlined airfields next to HQ, so one of the other bases around there instead... so v-bases count also.

This would help improve long range missions play-style, rather than the goal being to just vulch the nearest base(?), hopefully.  The guys piloting the goons would be playing for achievement... otherwise only squad leaders doing the tactical commands and stuff would be in the goon(s). Guessing players would rather be in a fighter or bomber, so some encouragement to make some epic 'd-day' style drama to happen on the maps.

Believe it, the most intense fighting on the map happens probably when an enemy has a 'single' base next to an HQ, more so than a chain of bases trailing to an HQ, because a single is more vulnerable since no resupplying etc.  For that matter, maybe some of the goons would be bringing supplies!...

Second achievement:
So extra achievement, supply a base that is next to an enemy HQ!!!

Side note:
should CV attacks be able to get the same achievement as a large airstrike? Separate types of achievements if ask me...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:25:11 AM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: 'enemy at the gates' achievement
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 02:46:11 PM »
Since you are going with a Hollywood theme, how long before you propose the "Final Countdown" achievement? "Shoot down 2 A6Ms in an F-14."  :devil

Come on HTC, make me a Tomcat!  :airplane:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com