Author Topic: Headset Recommendations  (Read 301 times)

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
Headset Recommendations
« on: July 04, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »
Howdy all,

I have liked my Turtle Beach Earforce Z1 headset but within a year of having it the wires came loose on one ear. They replaced it after I shipped it to them and I was out of the game for about three weeks. Now, less than a year after those came in a small structural part fell off as I was taking them off of my head for dinner and have rendered them unusable. They cost about 20 bucks.

I was wondering does anyone have any recommendations for 20 - 40 dollars for a reliable set that has decent sound quality? The quality really changed gaming for me - I even used them for Skyrim because you could just hear so much more from the game that I did not on speakers and such.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Headset Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
 Plantronix may have a set in that price range,there are plenty of cheap sets available i picked up a backup set for 20 bucks at a depsrtment store. I've had a couple of plantronix sets and they worked well until I ripped a cable or dog happen to fancy them.

I have a Sennheiser set now but you wont get them for 40 bucks....

:salute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »
Sony MDR-XD200's and a Mini-plug Logitech desktop mic.   I have used  wireless headphones, Turtle Beach HPA2's, Sennheiser headphones and this mic, plantronics 333's and a host of others.

The Sony's are the best ones yet, for gaming and/or music.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 12:37:05 AM »
I like the Koss CS-100 for about $20 from Amazon or Newegg.  The sound quality and mic quality are very good, and they last a long time (I've had mine for years).