Author Topic: AH community: Tarzan or Lord of the Flies?  (Read 4041 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: AH community: Tarzan or Lord of the Flies?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2013, 09:00:01 AM »
  Most People avoid taking on the horde and the few that try to defend are overwhelmed. If you take down the strats and disable front line Ords you will decrease the enemy's ability to make an attack. They will have to up from farther away allowing defense to intercept. It's your 14.95 and you play the way you wish but don't complain about Horde when you are just dogfighting all day and asking others to do the dirty work for you.

Country before self? There are some that are interested in the strategy of the game and the war taking out important targets. Most resources in WW2 were devoted to affecting the Enemies ability to make war.  :aok 

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
The louder you argue that things have changed, the more you prove they are the same.

HiTech

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2013, 11:22:35 AM »
 :old:

:)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2013, 11:35:07 AM »
The louder you argue that things have changed, the more you prove they are the same.

HiTech

I could be wrong, but I'd be pretty confident in saying if you took a look at the 200 log for a week of US primetime evenings from say, November last year and then took a look at the 200 log at the same times for the last week, you'd notice a marked difference.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I don't think so.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2013, 12:09:25 PM »
I could be wrong, but I'd be pretty confident in saying if you took a look at the 200 log for a week of US primetime evenings from say, November last year and then took a look at the 200 log at the same times for the last week, you'd notice a marked difference.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I don't think so.

Wiley.

Of course when you add in the Midway Effect it ensures things have gotten worse
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2013, 12:28:57 PM »

that's giving him too much credit

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2013, 12:30:53 PM »
There is camraderie, fun, honor, challenges, teamwork and good sportsmanship every time I fly.

There are really good squads here and really good people here and really good gameplay here too.

What you see are the vocal few that cannot be ignored because or their intrusive interaction.  They make sure we all know they are here and they demand your attention.

Then there are squads like JG11, the one I am in, lead by Stampf.  What?  You don't hear about us much?  There is a reason for that.  We let our conduct represent us, not our mouth.

I truly belive the majority of the players are good but they whisper when they speak and are drowned out by others constantly yelling.

Lastly, my signature, "Wag more, bark less".  It doesn't say wag all the time, or never bark.  It leads you to the idea of being better, not being perfect.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2013, 12:44:52 PM »

Heh.  He's been around a lot longer than that, but I'm not even thinking of him as I squelch him on sight.  It just seems lately, and even before school let out, that it's gotten uglier on 200.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2013, 01:25:14 PM »

HiTech

I think so, too:   :aok

To me, the environment seems about the same over the years (very fun) . . .

The feeling that "it's just not the same as it was back in XXXX" is one that people often get after they've been around for some years.  This was the case in Air Warrior, too.  People in 1993 thought that it just wasn't the same as it was back in 1990.  People in 2000 thought that it just wasn't the same as it was back in 1995.  And so on.  I think that what really happens is that, while things overall are mostly like they were (or better than they were), the part of the player base familiar to any given player eventually drifts off over time, and so for that player, camradery etc. seem to fade.

But think of it.  If this process were really true, given that online flying started in 1988 and that comments like the above started several years later, whatever you personally think of as The Golden Times would never even have been there (unless your golden times were 1988, of course).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:51:40 PM by Brooke »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2013, 01:32:33 PM »
that's giving him too much credit

For me, yes, for the part of the 200 community that responds to him, It's right on the money
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2013, 07:15:15 PM »
 What?  You don't hear about us much?  There is a reason for that.  We let our conduct represent us, not our mouth.
What sort of conduct do you believe is representative??
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »
I cut back on flying so much because I find it hard to get a decent heart pounding dogfight. I know I can hook up with the beast sticks in their DA parties but that's not the point, I would rather organically find a fight in MA with different terrain and fight setup. 1v1 over and over in the DA improves 1v1 acm and aircraft control. But not actual fighting skill.

I just miss that tense moment of seeing a singular dot on the horizon, and suddenly his icon appears, its a fighter... he is looking for you and you are looking for him. Merge... fight on.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2013, 06:51:19 AM »
I cut back on flying so much because I find it hard to get a decent heart pounding dogfight. I know I can hook up with the beast sticks in their DA parties but that's not the point, I would rather organically find a fight in MA with different terrain and fight setup. 1v1 over and over in the DA improves 1v1 acm and aircraft control. But not actual fighting skill.

I just miss that tense moment of seeing a singular dot on the horizon, and suddenly his icon appears, its a fighter... he is looking for you and you are looking for him. Merge... fight on.
what's wrong with 2 or 3 guys taking on 2 or 3 other guys? or maybe a couple of guys taking on 4 or 5 others? those can be just as nail biting as a 1v1.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2013, 07:24:17 AM »
what's wrong with 2 or 3 guys taking on 2 or 3 other guys? or maybe a couple of guys taking on 4 or 5 others? those can be just as nail biting as a 1v1.

Furballs can be very good fun when the numbers are about even, not exactly nail biting though.

I had the joy of finding a lone 109G14 in my K4 yesterday, we could have gone 1v1 but alas because the G14 is a girl he calls in 5 friends.
Funny thing after was one of the 5 said shortly after on 200 about it being a furball where I had been mauled to pieces by 5 desperate 'rapists'. (Very odd indeed)
The G14 did apologise after for calling in so many, but stroking my ego saying I was "too good" to justify bringing in semp and his goons, was just a lame as the act itself.

I saw this in another thread by said G14 pilot;
there are enough cherry pickers and dog pilers, don't add to the problem.
Asking 5 to jump me while I'm fighting you... Hate to point this out to you;

Thou art part of the problem gyrene  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2013, 07:46:14 AM »
Furballs can be very good fun when the numbers are about even, not exactly nail biting though.

I had the joy of finding a lone 109G14 in my K4 yesterday, we could have gone 1v1 but alas because the G14 is a girl he calls in 5 friends.
Funny thing after was one of the 5 said shortly after on 200 about it being a furball where I had been mauled to pieces by 5 desperate 'rapists'. (Very odd indeed)
The G14 did apologise after for calling in so many, but stroking my ego saying I was "too good" to justify bringing in semp and his goons, was just a lame as the act itself.

I saw this in another thread by said G14 pilot;Asking 5 to jump me while I'm fighting you... Hate to point this out to you;

Thou art part of the problem gyrene  :old:
:lol  hey old man, i said i was sorry...  :rofl  never said anything about it being a "furball", i said it was fun and i just had to call in help because you were too good for me to get you. had you dead to rights 3 times and i couldn't shoot you down, then you would pull a high g maneuver and i lost sight of you every time only to see you coming at me again with what looked to be a perfect deflection shot. i was low on ammo (i can't shoot for poop) and when someone asked if i needed help, i gave the green light. from what i was able to see, there was 6 of us in the air and only 2 others fired at you before you went down.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett