Author Topic: Latrobe's TrackIR Profile and Settings  (Read 7461 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Latrobe's TrackIR Profile and Settings
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2014, 11:52:51 AM »
Eine Frage bitte:

What do I need to do to get my head movements (recorded TrackIR views) in my films?

TIA

I've been using Nvidia's Shadowplay.  Before that I used MSI Afterburner.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2014, 06:22:00 AM »
Thanks Randy and Bino.  I am getting TrackIR tuned to my liking and starting to have some success. 

One question -  in AH view settings, what does "trackIR Object Relative Move" do?

Also,  I don't know how to map button on my equipment (all CH) to the F12, F9, and F7 key in AH.  All I know to do is map the buttons within AH.

Hey ammo,

Welcome to the club! And suck you will hehe.... It can take months to get used to it, nausea included.

Regarding your questions above, well, TrackIr translates your head's movement to the screen, more or less as a mouse. Up, down, left right and so on.
But if you look back left, you actually move to the right. Take your mouse as an example.

Above mentioned option would re-translate the input from the device. The Track Ir itself has an option like it : True View.

To keep things simple, if you can look around your headrest WITHOUT these options, stay away from it. In AH it ads a layer which can cause delays.

I started with Latrobe's profile as a base, thx for that man!  :salute, and tweaked it bit by bit to my liking. After more than a year I still sometimes do edit a thing which I don't like at that moment.

On my fighterstick I had the center, track ir off and Precision mapped to the grey switch in front of your thumb. Nowadays I have put it to the left low hat switch on top of the stick. Only use buttons you do not use in AH!!! It can cause some other issues.... You do so in TrackIr software, Dropdown menu next to it is a button >> Change key>>

If you want I can mail you my profile. I use all axises.

Good luck with it,
 :salute
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2014, 11:52:58 AM »
Hey ammo,

Welcome to the club! And suck you will hehe.... It can take months to get used to it, nausea included.

Regarding your questions above, well, TrackIr translates your head's movement to the screen, more or less as a mouse. Up, down, left right and so on.
But if you look back left, you actually move to the right. Take your mouse as an example.

Above mentioned option would re-translate the input from the device. The Track Ir itself has an option like it : True View.

To keep things simple, if you can look around your headrest WITHOUT these options, stay away from it. In AH it ads a layer which can cause delays.

I started with Latrobe's profile as a base, thx for that man!  :salute, and tweaked it bit by bit to my liking. After more than a year I still sometimes do edit a thing which I don't like at that moment.

On my fighterstick I had the center, track ir off and Precision mapped to the grey switch in front of your thumb. Nowadays I have put it to the left low hat switch on top of the stick. Only use buttons you do not use in AH!!! It can cause some other issues.... You do so in TrackIr software, Dropdown menu next to it is a button >> Change key>>

If you want I can mail you my profile. I use all axises.

Good luck with it,

Thanks McShark.  Just figured out how to map a button on my gear; I am no techie:).  This will be super helpful and since I don't have views mapped to the hats, an easy thing to do.

Dude, you are so right. TrackIR has changed the game for me in a bitter sweet type of way.  It has so much potential but has a steep learning curb.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 12:24:33 PM by -ammo- »
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »
Thanks McShark.  Just figured out how to map a button on my gear; I am no techie:).  This will be super helpful and since I don't have views mapped to the hats, an easy thing to do.

Dude, you are so right. TrackIR has changed the game for me in a bitter sweet type of way.  It has so much potential but has a steep learning curb.

A good base setup is very important. You get lost otherwise....

PM me I send it to you.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2014, 11:51:59 PM »
Barkhorn:

Ammo was kind enough to share your profile with me. I hope you don't mind. However, I cant get it to show in the list of profiles. I don't have exclusive checked either. I am really annoyed that it won't show up in the pulldown list!

Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »
I had that once when someone ( I think Angel ) sent me his profile...

He used TIr 5 and me 4. Somehow I got around it.....

Ah...

Unzip to desktop >>> cut & paste into profile folder.

Shut down Track IR!!!

Restart.....

Be aware, the name of it begins with Latrobe....

Let me know if it does the trick.

Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »
This is a fantastically clear, concise, and informative thread.  One of the best ever on this board.

Thanks to all for contributing to it.

I have completely re-evaluated and have begun making changes to my own TR5.  For over a year I have been putting off the fine tuning.

A question.  WRT head position (to see better around canopy frames)...is that a function of Track IR's 'zero position' or a function of the FOV choice in AH Graphics?

Thanks again,

Ratsy
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2014, 03:37:53 PM »
I do not run Ir 5 but could you elaborate WRT?

In Ir you have True view, In AH a similar function called Relative Object Mode, you mean these?
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 04:46:09 PM »
WRT (old speak for "with regard to")

In AH you can move your head position around in any view then save it with F10.

I was wondering if you could do the same with the TrackIR?   By changing the zero position on the x-axis for each TrackIR curve (pitch, roll, yaw, x, y, z)?

Or is there another way to do this in AH?

The objective would be to have a zero position with no canopy frames in the way.

Ratsy

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2014, 08:00:47 PM »
You can change the center position.  Just turn TIR off with F9 I think (unless I remapped it to that) and move your head where you want it, then F10 to save it, same as you would to change the default view if you don't have TIR.  Then it will stick from that point forward.  Reenable TIR and it will use that spot as the 'neutral' spot.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2014, 11:06:46 PM »
Terrific.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks, Wiley.

Ratsy
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2014, 05:54:23 AM »
WRT (old speak for "with regard to")

In AH you can move your head position around in any view then save it with F10.

I was wondering if you could do the same with the TrackIR?   By changing the zero position on the x-axis for each TrackIR curve (pitch, roll, yaw, x, y, z)?

Or is there another way to do this in AH?

The objective would be to have a zero position with no canopy frames in the way.

Ratsy

What Wiley said.

There is a third way, which only works with X and Y axis ( tilt and yaw )

Therefor you have to program all views the same way as you would be using a hat switch.

When done, re enable TrackIr and it will only handle those views. Downside is, sliding left to right, up down and so on won't work.

There is no way to get the canopy "out of sight" as you only can move your head within the canopy framework. Also bear in mind your canopy can be the best reference for decent gunnery.
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:38 AM »
I worked on this last night and validated your advice (thank you).

The result was that I ended up 'boosting' the lean and roll axes (with an adequate deadspot).  This enables me to use some 'head and body english' when I need to see around stuff when looking aft.

As I was going through the process I realized how important my 11 - 12 - 1 areas were to my attacks.  I normally use the whole front windscreen (lead - lag - sight picture) without thinking about it.  It took me a long time to develop that without thinking about.  Don't want to change it now!

Now.  If I can just get two more monitors... :confused:

Thanks again, guys.

Ratsy
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2014, 10:21:14 AM »
What I really wish you could do in a couple of the planes, like the F6F, is have it work like it does when you disable x/y/z and use the savable head positions when you push the hat in different directions without disabling x/y/z.  I *can* look around in the F6F, but for a rear view I find TIR to be a bit kludgier than hat views for looking out the back.  It's been wished for, but sadly I guess it's not to be.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »
I had marginally better rear views in the F6 with the hat switch than with TIR, but that's kinda like being being the taller of two midgets.  You gotta S turn your way to the target either way.   :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-