Author Topic: Unusually accurate shooting of distant targets without being able to see them.  (Read 1050 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Not sure how this is possible but something is definately wrong.

In the first film, you see a 88mm firing way over a field and acks exploding as the round passes over.

I think this is a bug/glitch and likely was fixed with an arena setting/reset.

In the second, you see a tank at a distant field shooting acks.

If you get close to the tank, you can see that the turret instantly acquires the proper azimuth and traverse over and over.

Same person is gunning in both films a couple of weeks apart.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:45:22 PM by icepac »

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Re:Unusually accurate shooting
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »
i only watched the first one but the thing i found odd is the theres is an M4 that appears right after, and the guy in the M4 did something a few months ago that can only be explain by a cheat

i was battling a CV in a PT boat the cv was sunk and then the  guy kept upping pts then after he stopped i tryed to get my PT to a friendly base then i got killed by something that sounded like a 5" shell but the cv and ships were long dead and the guy stopped upping after i died he got the kill , the guy was in a 5"er before he upped PTs so it was strange unfortunatly i dont have the film of that issue because i did not use films then
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 01:51:26 PM »
i only watched the first one but the thing i found odd is the theres is an M4 that appears right after, and the guy in the M4 did something a few months ago that can only be explain by a cheat i was battling a CV in a PT boat the cv was sunk and then the  guy kept upping pts then after he stopped i tryed to get my PT to a friendly base then i got killed by something that sounded like a 5" shell but the cv and ships were long dead and the guy stopped upping after i died he got the kill , the guy was in a 5"er before he upped PTs so it was strange unfortunatly i dont have the film of that issue because i did not use films then

Tracer, don't go there man, you are better than that.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 01:59:14 PM »
Tracer, don't go there man, you are better than that.
i wish i could but there is no other was to explain it there were no enemys and the friendlies verified that and i get killed by a nonexistant 5" gun
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 04:26:03 PM »
i wish i could but there is no other was to explain it there were no enemys and the friendlies verified that and i get killed by a nonexistant 5" gun

Are you sure "every" ship was sunk?  there are guns on the other ships.

Do you have film? if not then don't even bother to use the C word and if you suspect it send film the HTC and let them deal with things. I suspect you were killed in a normal manner but it's so much easier to explain it away with the "C" word.

:salute

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »
be that as it may, it is still an instance of "i once had blah blah happen" and you know tossing out accusations without film is pure heresay. your choice of words could get you a forum vacation.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
icepac, that is some weird stuff. the second vid with the tank, unless the animations are way off, his shots should have hit the trees. and it looked like he could see right through the trees. looking at the player's stats, he does more gv'ing than flying. it's possible he has a low end system that can't get decent frame rates and his system is glitching on certain objects.

i vaguely remember a couple of years back a graphics glitch where if you were in a tank with certain graphics settings, trees at some distance were invisible to you.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unusually accurate shooting. . . partially explained
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 05:12:05 PM »
Tank shelling is particularly easy, because field objects don't move. It's what I have been saying about M4's forever. The best artillery you could ask for!

Tracerfi's description is likely a lag issue involved in a person having just logged in before the fleet re-spawned.

No mystery here.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
It's the same person in both films.

In one film he doesn't come close to any acks yet they explode.

In the second film, he is accurately hitting a field that actually has a small rise between the fields meaning you can't have line of sight.

Check how his gun instantly snaps to the proper azimuth and traverse rather than having to be nudged with a couple of control inputs like everybody else needs to do.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unusually accurate shooting . . .
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 05:34:05 PM »
It's not hard to do. HE rounds will kill guns without hitting them. And like I said field objects don't move.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Sorry , I am not convinced that this is normal because it is not.

In the first film, he is firing 88 with AA rounds that are exploding a few thousand yards beyond the field yet the acks are exploding.

In the second film, you can see his turret snap to instead of adjust to the targets with the gunner actually turning the gun away shortly before the "snap".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:13:55 PM by icepac »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Unusually accurate.
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:50 PM »
Sorry , I am not convinced that this is normal because it is not.

In the first film, he is firing 88 with AA rounds that are exploding a few thousand yards beyond the field yet the acks are exploding.

In the second film, you can see his turret snap to instead of adjust to the targets with the gunner actually turning the gun away shortly before the "snap".

First film looks to be a bug with film viewer.

Second film I know what Chalange is talking about. Nothing wrong here just some one who knows how to use the tools that are available to him by HTC.
You have to think out of the box to know how he is doing it. :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
The other thing to remember here, is what you "see" pertaining to another player in YOUR film isn't what "he" sees. So with out seeing his film of the incident you'll never really know whats going on.

If you have a question, send the films to HTC and they will tell you whats going on.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
I watched it live from both the field he was shelling and from the field he was firing from.

The films accurately show what I saw.

You can see the AA rounds exploding far behind the base on the film because they were also doing the same thing watching it live.

This is why I started filming.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Send the films to HTC. This is not the place. If there is a problem HTC will take care of it.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54