Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 16272 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »
I've run into a lot of Yak-3's lately also.  I love em.  They want to fight, think they have a plane to beat you in and make such pretty colors as they flame all they way down to the ocean.  C'mon boo, if you're not a Knight, switch, join JG11 on our squad channel, wing up, and let's slaughter a whole hurd of em.  I've also seen a lot of these new "Uber"Yaks flying in pairs, what fun !  They are fiddling with their new shiny plane, staring at all the new stuff their new toy has and NEVER checking their high 6.  Guess who is there?  Go ahead, look up and back........................n o higher...............just a bit more.............there I am !

BOOM!

(tower)

That's the problem for 190 drivers (including the Dora and Ta 152H). If you run into a Co-E, Co- alt Yak-3 below 5k, you have two viable options (assuming the Yak pilot has any clue whatsoever). Run and run faster. The same can be said for much of the plane set.... Fly right past it and keep on going....
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 04:36:20 PM »
A rough definition of a noob ride is something that is so easy to fight it takes zero skill to pose a risk to everyone. Clearly the Yak3 is the newest noob ride of AH. The frustration is everything is the Yak3, every where every time. Gone are the days in which you could up in a mid-war bird and have a fruitfull day mixing it up with late-war birds. Now, everything is disrupted by noobs in Yak3s.

I know, I know...the scourge will diminish over time. People will get bored of flying the newest noob ride. Begs the question about using perks to control the usage of something like this. A rolling, floating perk system so that when 100 people up 99 of them are not in Yak3s, without cost atleast.

In any case, I'll log for a few weeks and see what August brings. I see why people lose interest in the MA and only fly FSO or Scenarios. If I wanted this action I would sign up for an arcade game.

Flame away...

boo

LOL   :cry

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 05:10:32 PM »
A rough definition of a noob ride is something that is so easy to fight it takes zero skill to pose a risk to everyone. Clearly the Yak3 is the newest noob ride of AH. The frustration is everything is the Yak3, every where every time. Gone are the days in which you could up in a mid-war bird and have a fruitfull day mixing it up with late-war birds. Now, everything is disrupted by noobs in Yak3s.

I know, I know...the scourge will diminish over time. People will get bored of flying the newest noob ride. Begs the question about using perks to control the usage of something like this. A rolling, floating perk system so that when 100 people up 99 of them are not in Yak3s, without cost atleast.

In any case, I'll log for a few weeks and see what August brings. I see why people lose interest in the MA and only fly FSO or Scenarios. If I wanted this action I would sign up for an arcade game.

Flame away...

boo

I have yet run into a Yak3 that will actually fight me, so I tend to bait them with K4 or La7. A plane I know can catch them if they attempt to run OR if they are really dweeby while they run I will let them get far enough and I will just bail. No proxy for them or fight.

Every Yak3 I run into has run from me the minute they are reversed and it isn't hard reversing them at all, but the lame pilots fail to realize you can't just get in a new ride and expect to know how to fly it right away. I was fighting JJ the other night, I was in a P47N WITH ROCKETS, he insisted on running from me. . .So I let him run and watched him kill about 3 friendlies; The minute he went to land I dove in on his base and rocket vulched him, he wasn't too happy with that but hey. . .Don't run from a fight you should be able to win. It is annoying.

Also it is the same way with P51's 190D's and even Spit14's . . . You can be in the "worst" plane, but the minute you are behind them they are high tailing it all the way to friendlies or to ack. So I got fed up with it and now I do what RuAmL does, fly LA7's. You can't run from an LA7  :rolleyes:
Top Gun

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 05:26:40 PM »
Sometimes a run isn't a run though.

I am not that good, but while I'll fight to the death I also like to have a sporting chance.  On three occasions that I can think of I have had situations where a higher, more agile, but slower, fighter engaged me while I was in the Mossie.  In all cases, a C.205 and Spitfire Mk IX in the first and a Ki-84 and an F6F on the other two, I tangled briefly before losing any chance to get guns on the other guy(s) so I put the nose down and did what probably looked to the other guy like I was running, but all I was doing was trying to reset the fight to the point where I might be able to get guns on them.  In both cases I turned to fight again once I had enough separation or was able to get terrain cover to obscure my turn.  I did not run to friendlies or ack, nor did I wait for the other guy(s) to give up and turn away.  I got the C.205, losing my #2 engine in the fight with the Spit IX withdrawing and I lost to both the Ki-84 and F6F.

My point is that sometimes the other guy may be honorably "running".

I will grant that is probably the minority.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 05:37:54 PM »
I have yet run into a Yak3 that will actually fight me, so I tend to bait them with K4 or La7. A plane I know can catch them if they attempt to run OR if they are really dweeby while they run I will let them get far enough and I will just bail. No proxy for them or fight.

Every Yak3 I run into has run from me the minute they are reversed and it isn't hard reversing them at all, but the lame pilots fail to realize you can't just get in a new ride and expect to know how to fly it right away. I was fighting JJ the other night, I was in a P47N WITH ROCKETS, he insisted on running from me. . .So I let him run and watched him kill about 3 friendlies; The minute he went to land I dove in on his base and rocket vulched him, he wasn't too happy with that but hey. . .Don't run from a fight you should be able to win. It is annoying.

Also it is the same way with P51's 190D's and even Spit14's . . . You can be in the "worst" plane, but the minute you are behind them they are high tailing it all the way to friendlies or to ack. So I got fed up with it and now I do what RuAmL does, fly LA7's. You can't run from an LA7  :rolleyes:

I have found that the antidote for the La-7 is a 109G2. Having fought many duels against the La-7 with the G-2 (mostly with bighorn2), I'm always looking for an La-7 to gobble up. Unfortunately, as soon as I break 'em down and get behind, they run like their shorts are on fire and their hair is catchin'. It was best they run, because I would have killed them in short order had they stayed and fought. The Yak-3 is at least as good as the 109G2 in a maneuver fight.... The problem is that guys who aren't very good, are still not very good in a Yak-3.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
I don't understand, is the Yak 3 more of a lack of skill compensator than any other fighter in the set?
Pies not kicks.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
I don't understand, is the Yak 3 more of a lack of skill compensator than any other fighter in the set?

Translation: people are starting to think it's a Spit16/La7 all rolled into one.

IMO, it's a fine plane, but it's not god status like the Spit16.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 06:06:16 PM »
Translation: people are starting to think it's a Spit16/La7 all rolled into one.

IMO, it's a fine plane, but it's not god status like the Spit16.

Spit16 is god status thats absurd   :rofl
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
Spit16 is god status thats absurd   :rofl

Pretty sure the only plane that it can't match is the 262. Climbs with the best, turns with the best, runs from those it can't turn with. Luckily, noobs flock to it and die like weeds.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 06:11:08 PM »
As compared to the Spitfire Mk XVI the Yak-3 is faster at low altitude, particularly considering it isn't relying on WEP, has better visibility out of the cockpit, has centerline mounted guns and is a smaller target.  The Spitfire Mk XVI rolls better, climbs better, has greater firepower, has better altitude performance, is more versatile, turns slightly better and has better cockpit protection.  I am not sure which is tougher other than the pilot though I'd guess the Yak-3.

As long as the Spitfire Mk XVI has WEP it is the superior fighter and it is always the more versatile fighter.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 06:11:54 PM »
Pretty sure the only plane that it can't match is the 262. Climbs with the best, turns with the best, runs from those it can't turn with. Luckily, noobs flock to it and die like weeds.

It does not turn with the best nor can it run from anything it can't turn with.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 06:51:13 PM »
It does not turn with the best nor can it run from anything it can't turn with.

Really? I'm not the best pilot and when I hop in to one it's like an automatic 5 kill sortie. Not a single plane gives it trouble outside of another Spit16/262/possibly F4U4.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »
Really? I'm not the best pilot and when I hop in to one it's like an automatic 5 kill sortie. Not a single plane gives it trouble outside of another Spit16/262/possibly F4U4.
It is very good, one of the best, no debate, but overstating things doesn't make you look insightful, it makes you look hyperbolic.  You're far better than the average player and that makes the Spit XVI all the more effective.  A newbie in a Spit XVI will try to turn with an F4U and die or get roped by a P-51D and die or any other number of deaths.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »

The average AH pilot can only dream of such things.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »
The Spit 16, LA7, and Yak3 all need to be perked. Not outrageously but enough to thin them out. They are all ridiculously good.  The yak does not have wep and yet still seems to always have energy. Also, just how rugged is the thing? I have got one, just one kill against the five I have hit. I am hitting at convergence and letting go with long bursts, hit sprits on the plane and the only one I put down happened to be Zack1234 when he was AFK and I hung behind him really letting him have it. I burnt up more ammo on him than I would have a P47 which I have always thought of as a pretty tough bird.