Author Topic: Side switchers  (Read 5502 times)

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
Re: Side switchers
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2013, 03:50:22 PM »
 Many of the side switchers I see are pickers who are looking for a large group of green so they can boom and zoom the red in obscurity.
 i switch to fight against the horde, not fly with it.   i'd much rather see a bunch of red guys than a bunch of green ones.   im not sure where you guys get your information from, but that's how i play and that's how all my friends play, regardless of what you may think you know.
-AoM-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2013, 03:53:57 PM »
The irony is IF it were changed, your freedom to choose to stay on one country would still not be limited as your freedom to do so now is not limited. Those of us who would enjoy and prefer to switch have our freedom curtailed at the moment and have for some time.

This is a good point.

- oldman

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2013, 03:59:45 PM »
 i switch to fight against the horde, not fly with it.   i'd much rather see a bunch of red guys than a bunch of green ones.   im not sure where you guys get your information from, but that's how i play and that's how all my friends play, regardless of what you may think you know.

Did not realize that I named you.  I do believe that I said there were exceptions.  When you quote me and say "you guys" then who are the "you guys"?  I never stated I was speaking for anyone else.  I was clear that I was basing my statements on my observations.  Glad you are so enlightened into the game.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2013, 04:10:26 PM »
Absolutely true.  Chess piece loyalty is one of the things that causes stagnation in the game.  The question shouldn't be "How can we keep people from switching?" but rather "How can we encourage more SQUADS to switch?"

I for one respect the squads that do monthly "tours" on different sides.  I'm certain that gives them a better perspective on the game and creates more friends instead of enemies.  The AK's are a good example of this -- I find they are fun to fly with and difficult to fly against, and I respect them because I get the opportunity to do both.

This is a war game after all (emphasis on GAME) not a real conflict.  I read someone's comment earlier in the thread about side switching in the context of the "real war".  That is simply ridiculous.  This is a game.  If we all thought of it more like a pickup football or basketball game, where you change up the sides from time to time, I think it would be a better game environment and a better community.

<S>
Ryno

:) :D :aok :cheers:

(Thanks for confirming our squad isn't caught up in gang territory mentality playing Aces High. Yet one of many reasons I'm  Jolly Roger.)

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »
I am going to go find the largest green group I can and steal all of Semp's kills cause I know he will be in it..  :D
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2013, 05:21:58 PM »
What I find laughable is that no matter how many times you repeat the same lies, they still don't become true. 

I used to be a "loyal" nit(wit), but started switching sides years ago.  I have never switched to the high numbered side.
Just like in sports, I root for the underdog and were it not for the stupid 12 hour rule, would always fly for the side getting crushed.

As always Simp, you don't have a clue what the F you are talking about.

Amen

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »
I don't understand the negative stigmatism that side switchers have

The other night I got shot down by a player (agent360) who out flew me. I then switched sides to fly a cheap 262.
Upon conversing with mr. Agent about our fight on how I can do better I recieves some angry pms saying why don't I pick a side?

Btw this 12 hour rule has allowed me to meet and hang out with some awesome peeps
Big thank to the Claim Jumpers :salute

This is one of those "two sides and the truth" issues.

Theres a lot of principles involved in this that while many disagree with, most respect.... confounded yet?...  IE: One is the freedom to abandon a sinking ship.  And another is to not share the carrot with the mules who didn't pull the waggon out of the mud.

The problem we have in AH (or rather, the current state of things), besides the fact this conversation RARELY PROGRESSES FORWARD BEYOND THIS POINT, is that there is no structure in place to make sure the women and children go first, or who/how is it that there is only one carrot (and an assload of mules) when we need more and of varying sizes/rewards.

Oh, and the egos.  I don't know how  :rolleyes:, but again, this conversation has turned into another battle over who is right and wrong.  Nevermind you all look like idiots, again...  "two sides and the truth"... and the fact anyone has claimed to know the truth here shows how far you are from it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 05:35:17 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2013, 05:36:56 PM »
Oh, and the egos.  I don't know how  :rolleyes:, but again, this conversation has turned into another battle over who is right and wrong.  Nevermind you all look like idiots, again...  "two sides and the truth"... and the fact anyone has claimed to know the truth here shows how far you are from it.
It always was about who is 'right' and who is 'wrong' as no vote has been taken for change nor has any player have any control on the mechanics of the game.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2013, 06:18:11 PM »
This is one of those "two sides and the truth" issues.

Theres a lot of principles involved in this that while many disagree with, most respect.... confounded yet?...  IE: One is the freedom to abandon a sinking ship.  And another is to not share the carrot with the mules who didn't pull the waggon out of the mud.

The problem we have in AH (or rather, the current state of things), besides the fact this conversation RARELY PROGRESSES FORWARD BEYOND THIS POINT, is that there is no structure in place to make sure the women and children go first, or who/how is it that there is only one carrot (and an assload of mules) when we need more and of varying sizes/rewards.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2013, 06:20:52 PM »
It always was about who is 'right' and who is 'wrong' as no vote has been taken for change nor has any player have any control on the mechanics of the game.

Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, change yes (+1) please.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »
Nobody is right, nobody is wrong, change yes (+1) please.

It's about revenue, revenue in this game = population

Sounds like the population of AH is down, if that is the case then the population of AH could increase by 1 "for sure" if there is a change to motivate this 1! which in the big picture would increase revenue by $14.95  :aok
Ii wonder how many others might be influenced to do the same?

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline TopGear

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2013, 08:57:57 PM »
Perhaps we could randomly shuffle the players each time the map resets, and put the 12hr side switch limit on from login. This would sort of force players to interact with each other, even if just for half a day.

I wouldn't mind this at the start of every tour. Randomly assign players to each team, maybe loyal squads could have an exemption for their members? There will be some people loyal to each team that would switch back I'm sure. Not sure how the squads that shift every tour would decide where to go though.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2013, 04:09:13 AM »
What I find laughable is that no matter how many times you repeat the same lies, they still don't become true. 

I used to be a "loyal" nit(wit), but started switching sides years ago.  I have never switched to the high numbered side.
Just like in sports, I root for the underdog and were it not for the stupid 12 hour rule, would always fly for the side getting crushed.

As always Simp, you don't have a clue what the F you are talking about.

it's embarrassing to see grown men like you whining that the game doesnt play the way you want.  if you cant find a fight then go make one. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
Neither of those examples are good in reference to AH. In the first two they have fixed player numbers and strict rules and the second was a war, not a game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope and yes.

It is a game where taking objectives usually relies on team effort. Some players in baseball/football  mainly play to boltster their own personal objectives before any team. Either way you look at it it is a mental conspiracy, i.e. only real while pretending only one context is real.

That said I like knowing and expecting team mates to focus on objectives. Long term rivalries are fun too. You can make a case either way.

If peeps just gotta keep switching let'm!  What team does Randy Moss play for this week?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:36:07 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
It's about revenue, revenue in this game = population

Sounds like the population of AH is down, if that is the case then the population of AH could increase by 1 "for sure" if there is a change to motivate this 1! which in the big picture would increase revenue by $14.95  :aok
Ii wonder how many others might be influenced to do the same?

JUGgler
Every time I see someone all fired concerned about HTCs population and or revenue, I wonder why they don't have a dialog with HT about it rather than play supposition games here.