Author Topic: 2nd CT flight for me.  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
2nd CT flight for me.
« on: September 08, 2001, 12:38:00 PM »
Seven or eight in when I entered, 3 when I left.

200 plus in main at the time.

I took a B26 to France, was attacked by a 109 the pilot of which swam home after messing me up pretty bad, was shot at by a trailing friendly who then began wondering just who had shot him down .

I told him he shot at me and killshooter shot at him.

With 1 engine out and rudder damage from the 109 attack I managed to get to the coast and bombed some complex there with no damage to same, we need blast damage in here.

I turned for home and after a long flight hiding I managed to spin out on landing and died.

It was worth the 14.95.

Why, when there were only a few in the arena could it be worth 14.95?

Because from the time I took off till I ate dirt there were enemy planes in the area who could have and indeed attempted to find and stop me.

Because the people trying to stop me were not flying out of theater and/or same country aircraft.

Because on the outbound trip friendlies [except for the guy who tried to shoot me :)] were watching over me and in at least one case distracted the enemy from me.

Because the enemy who shot me up already had 2 kills prior to meeting my top turret.

Because the guy who tried to shoot a friendly was really surprised.

Because it was fun.

I guess it is all a matter of what you consider fun.

I hope HTC does not decide to do away with CT for low usage.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
2nd CT flight for me.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2001, 12:40:00 PM »
Well now...if you are back then I just might have to check out the CT a little more often.  I enjoy fighter dweebin' nowadays a little more than I used to, but I miss the formation flying in the big boys from time to time.  Email me Sun and let me know when you are around.  I will hit you on ICQ as soon as I get around to re-loading it on my system.  I had to de a complete re-format a while back and never got around to reinstalling everything.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
2nd CT flight for me.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2001, 02:08:00 AM »
So...this means we finaly will have Bombers to look for / try to shoot down ?  :)

We need two things to get poeple in the CT: Working Strat(we will have that) and a Score system (web based, like the MA.. dunno if we'll get that.)

<S!> Sunchasr, hope to meet you up there soon !
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
2nd CT flight for me.
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2001, 07:49:00 AM »
Yup, I too believe we need a working strat in the CT arena.  I think that would draw a bit more in.  However, it is nice just to have a place where I can fly my p47 without allied aircraft shooting me down  :).... now if i could just get past them LW'ers  :D

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
2nd CT flight for me.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2001, 10:07:00 AM »
Hi Sling,
I never really left, been busy with IL2 and suffering MA burnout.

When the CT went up and the price went down my interest was rekindled and as soon as there is some strat inserted there I may be around more.

I will never get good in fighters and am up to here with the MA fly any plane any side type of play, not against it just tired of it, so if the CT gets active I will be around in allied bombers somewhere.

ICQ is 48730960

Rgr that Saintaw, strat needed for sure.

edit:
Hi Kronos, just noticed you are at Ramstein, I was there in another life, 64-67.
Civil Engineer, shovelled coal in flightline heating plants.

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: Sunchaser ]