Author Topic: New maps for CT  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
New maps for CT
« on: January 02, 2002, 05:59:00 PM »
The recently opened new CT seems to be catching up. Slowly, yes, but still there are people in there regularly. I live in South Korea, and usually, it was very hard to find more than 5 people in the CT when I logged online at the previous CT.

Perhaps introducing some new maps, a bit smaller in scale maybe - to accomodate the lower numbers - might help to fire up the interest in people. Being able to play in a different map, one you would not see in MA would spark up the interest for some more people.

Also, I think the 'scenario' suggestion is worth revisiting. Each of the sides given  distinct objectives or tasks to carry out.. maybe a loose, smaller scale 'campaign' resembling the TOD which might also bring out some more numbers - reaching to people who were always a bit worried to participate with the skilled squadron pilots of scenarios or TODs, but still interested in the historic matchups of WWII air combat.

Just a loose suggestion.   :)

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Kweassa ]

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
New maps for CT
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2002, 12:19:00 AM »
S!

New setup coming on Saturday.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
New maps for CT
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 06:32:00 AM »
Good idea!

Also, several of us have mentioned that it might be a good idea (as long as we're earning perk points in the CT) to enable a few perked a/c.   For the EF, I'd suggest the LA-7 and the 190D-9 & 109G-10 as perks.

Might be worth a try?

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
New maps for CT
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2002, 12:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by oboe:
Good idea!

Also, several of us have mentioned that it might be a good idea (as long as we're earning perk points in the CT) to enable a few perked a/c.   For the EF, I'd suggest the LA-7 and the 190D-9 & 109G-10 as perks.

Might be worth a try?

I'd like to see this too... But I'd also like to suggest we limit ourselves to the planes that were historically available at that time period of the war, and also available in that particular theater...  Perk the ones that were just becoming available to limit the numbers of the UBER planes... and make those readily available FREE.  Of course, this would require extensive homework to verify the dates a particular plane went operational in a specific theatre..  But it would add to the realism..

I'd also suggest getting rid of the AXIS CV fleet if possible - is unrealistic.

Just some thoughts..

Max - Out!

Offline LJK_KämpferAs

• Copper Member
      • http://www.demonz.co.nz
New maps for CT
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2002, 12:13:00 PM »
I'd also suggest getting rid of the AXIS CV fleet if possible - is unrealistic.

Well, yes the CV itself is but the Axis forces did have Battleships in the area. And we can't fly anything off the CV anyway.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
New maps for CT
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2002, 12:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by BigMax:
But I'd also like to suggest we limit ourselves to the planes that were historically available at that time period of the war, and also available in that particular theater...  Perk the ones that were just becoming available to limit the numbers of the UBER planes... and make those readily available FREE.  

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
New maps for CT
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2002, 12:58:00 PM »
The Axis CV's are there to simulate a battle group. Axis have no planes available from the CV's.

Perking late-war monster planes is mostly a gameplay concession. If we put the LA5's and LA7's in there at the same cost, the LA7's will dominate. I think buzz (this is buzzbait's setup) is trying to make sure all the planes see some usage.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
New maps for CT
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2002, 01:08:00 PM »
New terrains are coming.  We've got several on tap or in development that have not been in the MA, such as the Philippines terrain.  Updating terrains and making the necessary adjustments to allow two-sided conflicts requires some time (and they must be QC'd by HTC's staff before they're put up in the CT).  We're working it, with the invaluable aid for the CM Terrain team (thanks, you guys).

The idea of objectives is being planned for implementation, hopefully in the next set up.  Your feedback on this and other CT issues has been invaluable, as has the positive tone of most everyone's critiques.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
New maps for CT
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2002, 01:14:00 PM »
How about letting the F6F HELLCAT be available from the Allied CV's. They were certainly in use by both the RN & USN in this type of scenario.
Besides the Corsair is just killing me!  :rolleyes:
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
New maps for CT
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2002, 01:53:00 PM »
Here's an idea to build off of Kweassa's
"Also, I think the 'scenario' suggestion is worth revisiting. Each of the sides given distinct objectives or tasks to carry out.. maybe a loose, smaller scale 'campaign' resembling the TOD which might also bring out some more numbers"

Suggestion #1 - Add several cities and factory/refineries to map. Objective is to reduce all to 10% or less.  Make cities and factory/refineries larger by adding multiple tiles?
Do this for axis and allies.  Using the cities to simiulate London, Berlin, etc.
Can you create CV's with out Ack or less potent ack to simulate merchant shipping?
Add more train stations closer together to simulate railroad hubs near larger cities.

You could with existing maps make a BoB senario or allied raides on german refineries.
Rebuild times could be extended also.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: AirScrew ]

Offline scruu

• Zinc Member
New maps for CT
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2002, 02:00:00 PM »
Sabre, I have a few maps I designed with the CT in mind. I nearly completed one, and will submit it very soon.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Sabre:
New terrains are coming.  We've got several on tap or in development that have not been in the MA, such as the Philippines terrain.  Updating terrains and making the necessary adjustments to allow two-sided conflicts requires some time (and they must be QC'd by HTC's staff before they're put up in the CT).  We're working it, with the invaluable aid for the CM Terrain team (thanks, you guys).

The idea of objectives is being planned for implementation, hopefully in the next set up.  Your feedback on this and other CT issues has been invaluable, as has the positive tone of most everyone's critiques.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
New maps for CT
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2002, 02:03:00 PM »
yes smaller, unique maps will draw more ppl

sounds great, thanks to those making it happen
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals