Author Topic: $1.08/Hour and Rising  (Read 9419 times)

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
Re: $1.08/Hour and Rising
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 01:24:17 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh Ever notice that after eating some Snail pie, you always feel stupid and the proof is right in front of you!  :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 01:29:11 PM »
Ever heard the saying lie->mother of all lies->statistic?
nope
You sound like a skipping record Schlowy.

ack-ack
That's schlowy? :banana: :x
he's awesome!!!!
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 01:37:20 PM »
The Luftwhiner rant gives Schlowy away.  Storch wasn't a Luftwhiner, just a whiner.

ack-ack

He was both, depending on his evolutional/regressive devolutional status. He went through a 'Oh how unfair things are stacked against Luftwaffe plane set fans!' phase more than once.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 01:43:23 PM »
LW planes are quite good.  I've flown them a lot for scenarios, and they definitely can hold their own or more than hold their own matched up against their historical competition.  For example, in a scenario setting, I think that the FW 190A-5 is better than the Spit V.  FW 190D-9's and Bf 109K-4's are excellent, with their toughest scenario competition (in my opinion) being Spit 14's and Tempests.  Bf 109F's and G's are quite good.  Bf 109E's are much less capable, but the competition is the Spit I and Hurri I, against which they are decent.

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
That's how much I've paid on average over the past six months to play AH.  Back when it was $0.50/day it seemed like a good deal.  Now not so much.

Seems like a lot of fun to be had for a $1 ...  :D

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2013, 02:20:32 PM »
Over the last 6 months my Aces High has cost me $90/hr since I haven't played at all.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:39 PM »
The Luftwhiner rant gives Schlowy away.  Storch wasn't a Luftwhiner, just a whiner.

ack-ack

Actually he was, I had the misfortune of being his CO and had to listen to the Hitech bias theory night after night.  :uhoh

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2013, 02:31:44 PM »
Over the last 6 months my Aces High has cost me $90/hr since I haven't played at all.

well, using that calculation HT should hand me the keys. I paid for at list 6 months without playing a minute.  So (6 * 15) / 0 = ?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2013, 05:27:02 PM »
well, using that calculation HT should hand me the keys. I paid for at list 6 months without playing a minute.  So (6 * 15) / 0 = ?

:neener:

:salute

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2013, 05:27:22 PM »
I have no life... This is pretty much the only reason I have internet...
Same.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »

:neener:

:salute

oh man you are so wrong  :rofl.  there's no solution you cannot divide by zero.  oh crap this is probably why we're having so many problems logging in.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

*lights a cigar*  :devil  :banana:

"Excellent..."

Not to mention that 98% of criminals ate bread the day they committed a crime.  Ban bread now!!!!

On the 190, if I had to bet a dollar I would bet that it was not elite pilots but elite vulchers lol.  Whats an elite 190 pilot?  The guy that dives the fastest or the one performing the dolphin maneuver flawlessly?  :rofl

Well if it's namecalling you want, you guys aren't too shaby at that beached-Shamoo maneuver most of the time I'm screaming down your 6's in a Dora.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:19:34 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2013, 06:55:49 PM »
I have no life... This is pretty much the only reason I have internet...

I thought the internet replaced having a life?

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2013, 07:34:10 PM »
You're wrong. Statistics lie because they only show statistics, not the reasons behind them.

If you read statistics you can see that every person who ever drank water in their lives, ended up dead sooner or later. Just having something in the stats doesn't mean the reasons behind it are obvious.

The 190 k/d rates may have been elevated because they saw mostly action in the hands of a few elite players for example where more 'common' planes get slaughtered in the hands of noobs and result in abysmal k/d rate.

You are correct.  Statistically you will die if you drink water....and if you breath oxygen.  Those are statistics and they are not incorrect.  However, when they are studied,  which is the second basis of statistics, they would be found to not be causal to death. 

The 190 stats are correct.  Why are they correct?  Just because we know why they are correct doesn't make the output incorrect.  It makes it less important. 

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2013, 08:38:59 PM »
You are correct.  Statistically you will die if you drink water....and if you breath oxygen.  Those are statistics and they are not incorrect.  However, when they are studied,  which is the second basis of statistics, they would be found to not be causal to death

The 190 stats are correct.  Why are they correct?  Just because we know why they are correct doesn't make the output incorrect.  It makes it less important. 

wrong you can die from drinking water.  just plain old water.  and not just by drowning :).  and you can also die and people have died from breathing oxygen.  just plain old oxygen only.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.