Author Topic: $1.08/Hour and Rising  (Read 9402 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: $1.08/Hour and Rising
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2013, 08:53:52 PM »
oh man you are so wrong  :rofl.  there's no solution you cannot divide by zero.  oh crap this is probably why we're having so many problems logging in.

semp

well, I think I logged for one billionth of second, so.......
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2013, 08:55:32 PM »
*lights a cigar*  :devil  :banana:

"Excellent..."

Well if it's namecalling you want, you guys aren't too shaby at that beached-Shamoo maneuver most of the time I'm screaming down your 6's in a Dora.

name calling?  What, did you eat bread today?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:25 PM »
Statistics are useless without context. Statistics do not lie per say, but some of the people who present the numbers lie about their margin of error and the context surrounding the numbers. Numbers have no hidden agenda, it's the people who misuse (or have really poor data set to extrapolate numbers. Garbage in = garbage out) these numbers who do all the lying.  :devil

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2013, 12:01:31 AM »
You are correct.  Statistically you will die if you drink water....and if you breath oxygen.  Those are statistics and they are not incorrect.  However, when they are studied,  which is the second basis of statistics, they would be found to not be causal to death. 

The 190 stats are correct.  Why are they correct?  Just because we know why they are correct doesn't make the output incorrect.  It makes it less important. 

The 190 stats are correct, no doubt about it. But the high k/d ratio does not necessarily have anything to do with the true performance of the bird. My squadmate Save regularly lands 6 kill sorties in the lead-sled A8 which most people regard as a total dog on MA. It's about the pilot, not the plane.

If a squad of veterans chooses to fly only a rarely used plane for a long period, let's say C202 - it will jilt the statistics of that plane quickly because the players can land kills in it and noobs won't fly it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2013, 04:08:57 AM »
The 190 stats are correct, no doubt about it. But the high k/d ratio does not necessarily have anything to do with the true performance of the bird. My squadmate Save regularly lands 6 kill sorties in the lead-sled A8 which most people regard as a total dog on MA. It's about the pilot, not the plane.

If a squad of veterans chooses to fly only a rarely used plane for a long period, let's say C202 - it will jilt the statistics of that plane quickly because the players can land kills in it and noobs won't fly it.

Nobody has claimed the K/D is a exact representation of the plane's performance. I thought I made the point of that chart pretty much clear by putting it into context with the quote in that post, and even explained it in a later one. But some still seem to have missed it's humorous aspect entirely.

Theoretically yes.
Practically the C202 is such a low performer in context of MA that exactly this will not happen. The K/D of some plane is boosted by some group of vets flying it as a main ride, but even that has a limit. Particularly over course of 6 full tours. It's very difficult for a very 'bad' plane to aquire the necessary thousands of kills for few deaths.
Which, again, is my point if you are putting it into the context of Franzl's quote...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 04:10:49 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »
I hear ya, havent played a second for months, yet pay the sub. IF one day I'd like to log in...

I've payed for the past two years but probably only logged in hardly a handful of times.

After reading the OP, I think it might be time for me to give in and cancel my subscription as well.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2013, 05:22:14 PM »
Do you guys who haven't played much recently try special events?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »
Special events are always fun, even with low numbers. With high numbers, they're better than the best times in the MA.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2013, 06:09:32 PM »
With high numbers, they're better than the best times in the MA.

You forgot to insert "to me" ... ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
Do you guys who haven't played much recently try special events?

I tried two scenarios but couldn't make more than a couple frames each. They were still a lot of fun!

I used to try the other scenarios, but there were very few people as I recall. As it is now, I'd be on far too late/early to make any events.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2013, 06:45:56 PM »
Some nights I furball...if  that doesn't look probable based upon what's going on...I might do jabo stuff....if I don't feel like doing that, there's bombers.....and there's ALways gv's, which is getting to be my favorite thing, esp in midwar (I'm only home on weekends anyhow, so if I do 25 hours in a month, I'm doing good)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2013, 11:20:22 PM »
I've been playing for 10 years now and I've not yet found any game online, or activity (especially Trap Shooting) offline, that has entertained me for a mere $0.50 per day!

Folks, that's a simple pair of US quarter dollars in coin, per day, for the entertainment received from this game. If you aren't receiving the entertainment from this game on a daily or monthly basis, simply take your two quarters elsewhere and go buy a beer, or two, on a monthly or daily basis (that is, of course, if you can find a fifty cent beer anywhere in the US today). I'm quite certain that many of us adults excrete that fifty cents from our bodies on a daily basis, be it alcohol, or sugar, or caffeine.

Think about it.

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2013, 11:25:22 PM »
My pee has at least 50 cents per day of vitamins in it.  ;)

Patches, are you the one who lives somewhere near Bothell, WA?  If so, we still need to arrange a day so that I can take you out for lunch and a beer!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2013, 11:44:57 PM »
My pee has at least 50 cents per day of vitamins in it.  ;)

Patches, are you the one who lives somewhere near Bothell, WA?  If so, we still need to arrange a day so that I can take you out for lunch and a beer!

patches dont listen to him.  there's only one reason why he takes vitamins :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2013, 02:26:10 AM »
patches dont listen to him.  there's only one reason why he takes vitamins Smiley.

No worries, guncrasher! I take vitamins, too!  ;-)

And, yes, Brooke, we do need to get together.  ;-)
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC