Author Topic: 8.8cm gun shelling of Vbase  (Read 1215 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: 8.8cm gun shelling of Vbase
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »
And when I did the same thing, albeit accidentally, was it a glitch?

Like has been said, exactly what you are seeing is not exactly what he is seeing. If you sat there and practiced this for a very long time do you doubt you could also have a good idea of where to fire? The 88 AA is a proximity shell, so in my estimation it's functioning as it should. I have used the 88 AA to shoot at troops taking the town, iirc the M3 was enough to cause the proximity fuze to go off.

If the 88 AA is modeled to have its fuze ignite at proximity to enemy target then I would conclude it is functioning properly. You are saying the shells are going beyond the target, although I don't think there is a clear way of knowing that what you saw is what he saw, and that that is actually happening without looking (and knowing how to read) the code for the specific event.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »
I have used the 88 AA to shoot at troops taking the town, iirc the M3 was enough to cause the proximity fuze to go off.

88s never had a proximity fuze in real life nor do they have one in game.

And by the way, running troops are not effected by nearby explosions (bombs, HE shells and so on), you have to hit them directly. That's why tanks are using their MGs at running troops instead simply of putting a 75mm HE amidst them.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 10:45:09 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lizard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »
I didn't start this thread to start a fight. All I asked was, is this a feature or a bug. I do not doubt that it happens, I've watched it, I've done it. Since no one has come into the bug forum to say "geewhizzzzz, its a bug!", then I guess its a feature. So ya'll go home now, nothin to see here. Skedadaddle.
Lizard3

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »

88s never had a proximity fuze in real life nor do they have one in game.

And by the way, running troops are not effected by nearby explosions (bombs, HE shells and so on), you have to hit them directly. That's why tanks are using their MGs at running troops instead simply of putting a 75mm HE amidst them.

Good to know, I've been misinformed, and must have had a hit on the M3 or something, idk now  :headscratch:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
And by the way, running troops are not effected by nearby explosions (bombs, HE shells and so on), you have to hit them directly.

Are you sure? I seem to have killed quite a few with a single HE shell.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 11:50:25 PM »
If the shell itself hits them.

The explosion has zero effect on troops.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »
Are you sure? I seem to have killed quite a few with a single HE shell.

I use the 88's & shoot into the ground as they run & they are all gone after a few rounds.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 04:13:55 AM »
And by the way, running troops are not effected by nearby explosions (bombs, HE shells and so on)

then it has been changed because cannons/rockets were always the preferred weapon to strafe troops as they didn't require a direct hit to kill them.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 04:41:13 AM »
I just recently killed an M3 and all of his troops with a single HE shot. The M3 did not have time to re-spawn, so I'm pretty sure the HE explosion took them all out without a direct hit.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 07:05:05 AM »
then it has been changed because cannons/rockets were always the preferred weapon to strafe troops as they didn't require a direct hit to kill them.

This had always been thsi way all the years I'm playing. One of the first things I found out the hard way in my '2weeks' ;)

Unfortunately this is one of the few things I can't test (&film) on my own in a custom arena.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 07:38:57 AM »
With all due respect Snailman I'm pretty sure you're wrong. 50 cals/AP cannons need a direct hit to kill a troop, while HE will get the job done with a near hit. In theory rockets and bombs can use their blast damage too, but I didn't do it in recent history  :old:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 07:43:11 AM »
With all due respect Snailman I'm pretty sure you're wrong. 50 cals/AP cannons need a direct hit to kill a troop, while HE will get the job done with a near hit. In theory rockets and bombs can use their blast damage too, but I didn't do it in recent history  :old:

We could put this to a test... :)