Author Topic: i think mindano could be very very fun  (Read 892 times)

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
i think mindano could be very very fun
« on: August 13, 2001, 04:36:00 PM »
i think a mindano terrain could be very fun

planesets
---------

axis
-----
a6m
ki-61
ju-88
nik (very expensive perl)

allies
-----
f6f
tbm
f4u-1d (small perk, wasnt heavily used on cvs yet compared to f6f)
LVTs

setup
----------

axis control all land bases. allies have a whole mess of carriers and cruisers and stuff. the japanese have a big surface fleet, but no CVs.

victory conditions for allies:
capture a base on mindano. 1 base capture would win the war for the allies. BUT a base capture would require something like 50 troops.

victory conditions for axis:
sink 50% of allied fleet, forcing withdrawl.

i think thatd be very very fun.

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
S!

Good idea.

But it might be nice to have a few P-38`s`, P-51D`s and B26 based on a small island down in the corner of the map.   Also the C-47 for paradrops.  

This would simulate the fact the U.S. had ground based aircraft which historically did fly in to support the landings.

Would also be good to give the Japanese the TBM so they have a single engined torpedo bomber.  Restrict them to not using the lower rear gunner position.

Also give the Japanese the C-47.  They had an identical Japanese built copy, and actually used it to drop paratroops in `44.

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2001, 05:42:00 PM »
S!

Also if you want to represent the Japanese Armour, (which was very light and usually had 37mm guns) don`t let them have the MkIV or the M16.  Restrict them to the Ostwind and then reduce the ammo load on the Ostie to 100 rounds.

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2001, 10:29:00 AM »
Ditto! Give me a gallon of rice wine, a tattered bandana and I'm ready to climb into a KI-61!

Westy

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2001, 10:33:00 AM »
Yes.

For this reason alone, I wish HTC would concentrate on PAC (both Axis & Allied) and VVS aircraft for a revision or two.

It would be nice to have enough aircraft to do PAC and East Front CT's with something besides a skeleton planeset.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »
Gotta agree, toad, was thinking on this just yesterday.

there is no japanese carrier-based torpedo bomber, nor divebomber. And no level bomber at all.

I think that next releases should concentrate on bringing a good japanese carried based torpedo bomber (jill?), a good level bomber (Hiryu?), and a good army fighter (I knew people want the Frank but I really like both Tojo's and Jack's looks)

A Beaufighter and Mosquito for the RAF, a SM. 79 for the Italians.....

and please a Me410 for the LW  :D

(yes I'm serious  :))

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
I could live with it very easily if the next 4 revisions had NO US or German aircraft. None.

That'd be say 20 or maybe 25 aircraft spread between the Japanese (IJA/IJN), VVS, Italian and British.

Then... maybe THEN.... we could consider a few more USN, LW and USAAF aircraft.

Right now, considering the size and capability of the planesets in the overlooked countries, the US and the Germans have absolutely nothing to complain about.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2001, 12:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by Toad:
Right now, considering the size and capability of the planesets in the overlooked countries, the US and the Germans have absolutely nothing to complain about.

I want a Bf109G6 with DB605AM engine   :D

I now have something new to complain about.

F34R M3!!!

(lol)   :D

[edit]oh, btw, jokes aside, I mostly agree with that, toad  :)[/edit]

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]