Author Topic: P-63 KingCobra......again  (Read 43743 times)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
Re: P-63 KingCobra......again
« Reply #390 on: August 31, 2013, 09:48:18 AM »
     Aren't opinions grand?
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2013, 09:50:08 AM »
I wouldn't call the SB2C a "super MA unit."

And it certainly isn't rare, seeing as how it completely replaced the SBD on the carrier decks after Phillippine Sea.
Yeah, kinda covered it by the "on paper" quip as its paper numbers were far better than its actual performance.  Still, even on paper it wouldn't be super.

I was trying to include as many of the late war things as I could think of. Forgot the B-32 and Ki-100 as well.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »
If we just wanted to get all of this out of the way, what would HTC need to add?

Commonly requested units that saw little to no combat or service:
Do335
F7F
F8F
He162
Meteor Mk III
P-51H
P-63
Spitfire F.21
Yak-3P
YP-80

Commonly requested rare or, at least on paper, super MA units:

A-26
B7A2
G.55
H8K2

He177A-5
IS-2
M26
Mosquito Mk XVIII
P.108
P-61
SB2C

If all that were added would that end this drama or would it just change to pushing for the F-86 and MiG-15?

Flew flaws here Karnak, those in bold were in combat. Much as I hate to drag out this again and again like a broken record, there is absolutely no reason they cannot be added in AH (the ones I didn't highlight I have hardly any info on to make a claim.
I can argue against the He-162 for good reason, it suffered only one combat loss and its only kill claim came from a Typhoon which the internet lists, when in fact it was a Flak battery that shot down the Typhoon.

JG 52

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »
I think we passed the 'can doesn't equal should or should anytime soon' sign post a ways back. Just sayin'.  :cheers:

The P-63 last day of war air to air kill tally:

(Honestly, they may as well have been Tabbys but that's another discussion, entirely).

Qualified but not so much justified.

:)

(Personally, I'd get more of a kick out of the Ki-27 being modeled.)  ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:57:12 AM by Arlo »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #394 on: August 31, 2013, 11:11:54 AM »
Flew flaws here Karnak, those in bold were in combat. Much as I hate to drag out this again and again like a broken record, there is absolutely no reason they cannot be added in AH (the ones I didn't highlight I have hardly any info on to make a claim.
I can argue against the He-162 for good reason, it suffered only one combat loss and its only kill claim came from a Typhoon which the internet lists, when in fact it was a Flak battery that shot down the Typhoon.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.  If you read the header you'll see that I acknowledge that some of those on the first list saw a little combat (add the Meteor Mk III and Spitfire F.21 to the list of "saw a bit of combat).  Everything on the second list saw combat, some of them saw heavy and sustained combat.  M26 should have been on the first list.

I was just trying to post a list of superish units that keep getting asked for and a semi-tongue in cheek thought of HTC just throwing their hands up and adding them all just to satisfy the player base as Megalon has indicated they should be.  I was not commenting on the validity or invalidity of any of the units.  I actually think most of the units on the list should be added eventually.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Another possible (online) reference:

~~~~~

By a 1943 agreement, P-63s were disallowed for Soviet use against Germany and were supposed to be concentrated in the Soviet Far East for an eventual attack on Japan.

The wiki wonder strikes again

Think you could produce that agreement for me?

I would like to see proof just as you ask for "something concrete" that says "USSR don't use the P-63 against Germany".
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 12:27:26 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #396 on: August 31, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »
Think you could produce that agreement for me?

Good morning!

Why?

(And a mere 'thank you' would suffice.)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2013, 01:51:09 PM »
Good morning!

Why?

(And a mere 'thank you' would suffice.)

For what? The wiki? Butcher has it right ....from the book as a teaching tool ....as is supposed to be  :aok

;)

(I think you better go get busy promoting that hurricane)

You might be interested in these. Japanese Monographs... They don't tell the complete story as they are 1 sided and translated...  but you may find some navel engagements you favor.

There is something here for every one even the scenario folks  :salute
http://ibiblio.org/hyperwar/Japan/Monos/

In relation to this thread Japanese Monograph No.151 tho some may enjoy these and others 76-78, 154 and 155. they are in .PDF format and are large <150mb +/-> this is a partial guide that I found recently...  many you just have to find like76, 151 and 155 :)

They look like this

Have a Good Day every 1,
:cheers:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:18:45 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »
For what? The wiki?

Well, yeah. If you'd taken the time to notice, it backed one of your heaviest rants in the thread.

Sheesh, some people are just born ingrates.  :lol

P.S. A .pdf isn't a 'book.' It's an online reproduction. So, there ya go. Online source.  :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 02:00:25 PM by Arlo »

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »
Well, yeah. If you'd taken the time to notice, it backed one of your heaviest rants in the thread.

P.S. A .pdf isn't a 'book.' It's an online reproduction. So, there ya go. Online source.  :)

I didn't say they were books your AADD is showing again,  I said Butcher had it right Fool please take off the Clown hat for a min K :)

Geez some peoples Children,

So you were for it before you were against it?  :rofl

Btw ... some are in .html format :D

Not technically a book but they are bound  ;) ....who's your online Daddy  :t

This was directed at you "You might be interested in these. Japanese Monographs... They don't tell the complete story as they are 1 sided and translated...  but you may find some navel engagements you favor. "

Seriously,
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:23:46 PM by Megalodon »

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #400 on: August 31, 2013, 02:04:41 PM »
I didn't say they were books your AADD is showing again,  I said Butcher had it right Fool please take off the Clown hat for a min K :)

Geez some people Children,

hi finn :)
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #401 on: August 31, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »

Thank you.

Why, you're welcome, Meg.  :)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #402 on: August 31, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »

P.S. A .pdf isn't a 'book.' It's an online reproduction. So, there ya go. Online source.  :)

Considering the age of most books, I have all the Japanese Monograph in original form, problem is most are in rough to bad shape. PDF files do wonders, I have almost a thousand prints backed up PDF files, not only that its great for quick reference.
Thanks Mega btw, I didn't have those mono's in PDF yet, its quicker to download an archive of them rather then sit half a day scanning :)

Btw the Mono's don't tell anything specifically, that I remember - its a good read never the less, it gives some serious insight of the Japanese planning and defense, although its clear the Japanese were NOT ready to defend against the russians, in fact some units were not only blasted apart, some units even started committing suicide because they had no food or ammo.
JG 52

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #403 on: August 31, 2013, 04:15:47 PM »
If we just wanted to get all of this out of the way, HTC would  need to add...

D520
CaC-13
P51
A20G-1
P-63

Exactly Perfect  :D

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #404 on: August 31, 2013, 04:29:52 PM »
Considering the age of most books, I have all the Japanese Monograph in original form, problem is most are in rough to bad shape. PDF files do wonders, I have almost a thousand prints backed up PDF files, not only that its great for quick reference.
Thanks Mega btw, I didn't have those mono's in PDF yet, its quicker to download an archive of them rather then sit half a day scanning :)

Btw the Mono's don't tell anything specifically, that I remember - its a good read never the less, it gives some serious insight of the Japanese planning and defense, although its clear the Japanese were NOT ready to defend against the russians, in fact some units were not only blasted apart, some units even started committing suicide because they had no food or ammo.

You should be able  find 155 online pretty easy. I think you will find 154 and 155 more detailed then you thought and spot on to one of your earlier statements concerning this time period. You can also buy them of course :)

The originals are in Japanese do you have those?

:cheers:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:35:35 PM by Megalodon »