Author Topic: using two monitors  (Read 1024 times)

Offline chrish483

• Nickel Member
Re: using two monitors
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 02:14:14 AM »
I'd highly recommend three....or six if your feeling frisky.  :aok

i just spotted your Logitech G13 game pad,  i just got one a few weeks ago and in the making of a AH game profile,  i was just wondering if you would share your AH game profile
L.T.A.R.smkr
SWsmkr

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 03:06:47 AM »
Chrish, after taking a closer look at the picture you sent, I noticed that the monitors are of different proportions. One is widescreen and the other 4/3. That *might* make a difference, but there are a couple of "IF's": IF both of your monitors have the same vertical native resolution and IF their panels are of equal height, a two monitor setup could work in AH. This graph http://www.chrislongley.com/screen_resolution_standards.jpg shows a nice chart of most common resolutions in various proportions. As you can see, similar vertical resolutions are only available in 16:10 and 4:3, namely (W)SXGA+ and (W)UXGA, their vertical resolutions being 1050 and 1200.

So IF you're lucky, your widescreen has a resolution of 1920x1200 and the other one 1600x1200. Combining them you would get a desktop resolution of 3520x1200 which is much more than the widescreen alone. Thinking about AH, with such unpaired proportions your gunsight would be in the right edge of the widescreen. With a lot of luck, the frames of the monitors might cover only the right window pane of your favourite ride...

Before you feel too lucky, I'm afraid the input lags of your monitors could be too far from each other. That means that you might be able to see the same plane in front of you simultaneously in both monitors when it's crossing the frames. Landing could also be challenging, especially on a carrier.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
i just spotted your Logitech G13 game pad,  i just got one a few weeks ago and in the making of a AH game profile,  i was just wondering if you would share your AH game profile

I actually don't make use of the G13 for Aces High.  I use it for first and third person shooters only.  I do have the Teamspeak status displayed on the LCD when I'm using TS with AH but thats about it.  I have so many buttons and axis for fight sims already the G13 would be somewhat overkill.   :D
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)