Author Topic: Thrustmaster t flight hotas x trade for saitek av8r  (Read 1843 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Thrustmaster t flight hotas x trade for saitek av8r
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »
I have the thrustmaster t flight hotas x.. sweet setup.. however takes up to much room on my desk.. i want a saitek av8r but dont want to spend more cash.. anyone have one in good condition.. mine is brand new about a month old.. and want to trade straight up??
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Thrustmaster t flight hotas x trade for saitek av8r
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:39:20 AM »
Are you using your hotasX split or combined? If split, you might save a couple of inches by leaving the left side curved piece aside. If your desk is very narrow, you might rather like a narrower keyboard between the stick and the throttle. Just thinking...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
i use them split.. and yeah i thought about a new keyboard too but its just too much on the desk... and again more cash to spend...

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 07:13:05 PM »
I have an av8tr for my other computer, but I'm not sure I want to give it up.

Post a picture of what you have for a desk setup. Maybe we can help you "fix" your desk.

Mine holds all my CH gear but still gives me plenty of space, of course I built it myself so I knew what I needed.

Stowed position

Up and flying.

The whole things swings out on hinges and locks in place.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 08:54:39 PM »
my setup is crap compared to urs!!! wowsers.. nice monitor! i'll get a pic up tommorrow of my setup..  i have a fairly new logitech 3d extreme also as my backup which was tidy and nice too.. but i hated the forward cant on the stick.. thats one of the reasons I bought the thrustmaster which is really nice..  do you like the saitek is it a good product..?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »
I bought it as a "travel" stick. It was small enough to fit in one of my bags that I took while traveling for work. Hotel connections and a crappy laptop made anything but BnZin and buff runs out of the question, but it was fun still hanging out with friends while on the road.

The Saitex stick is good, not enough buttons for me (use to 25 buttons, 2, 8 way hats and a trigger on my CH gear). Not sure how well they last but it's a good back up. My Dad uses it when he comes over for training sessions.

If your looking for a new stick the Thrustmaster T-1600 is a very good stick. My brother in law just got one and I can't believe how smooth it is. The price isn't bad either.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 08:37:27 AM »
sorry had work/bday party full day yesterday  here is my setup... which av8r do you have fugitive.. i'm still interested if you want to trade.. the thrustmaster would be a dam nice back up stick and throttle.. i'm sure ur dad would like the extra throttle setup and buttons too...    
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:41:46 AM by craz07 »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »
Saitek sticks are Fragile hardcore....if you are heavy handed I would avoid Saitek at all costs.

why dont you go to wallmart and pick up a stool that you can set your stick on between the legs?

they have metal folding stools that I use for the throttle and used to use for stick until I got a awesome laptop stand.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Trademark-Global-24-Cushioned-Folding-Stool/22175347

it would get it off the desk and have more immersion with stick in between the legs. and at under 20$ its a cheap fix.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 09:59:02 AM »
Inks suggestion is a good one. A small table or pedestal type table would work pretty good. I've seen other people that have duck taped a piece of wood to the arms of their chair and velcro the stick and throttle to that.

I have the AV8R-01

My Dad has a logicrap stick so I have him about convinced that this stick would be much better, tho he may just go out and buy a new T-16000

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 10:29:34 AM »
ok well the thrustmaster is up for sale 40 bucks shipped...my gf is about ready to kill me if she sees yet a 3rd joystick arrive at the house...

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 10:50:13 AM »
i was thinking about getting a stand for the throttle between the legs thing ink.. hmm i may look into that would be pretty sweet although kind of tie up the computer station a bit more.. girlfriend is gonna think i'm a complete whack job... lol

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 11:15:13 AM »
i was thinking about getting a stand for the throttle between the legs thing ink.. hmm i may look into that would be pretty sweet although kind of tie up the computer station a bit more.. girlfriend is gonna think i'm a complete whack job... lol

No, this is how I flew for years. I'm a whack job!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 12:34:25 PM »

well the stick should be between the legs :neener:

but it is easy to just move aside or fold up and put away....right now I am using 2 stools I linked to for my keyboard and throttle.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 10:27:39 PM »
No, this is how I flew for years. I'm a whack job!

Very nice.   :aok

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 05:29:00 AM »
What do you mean by the hotas-x taking too much room on your desktop? This is mine in flying mode, the arrows and circles showing the office mode. I do all my office duties there as I'm self employed. Notice that I have the stick part of the hotas-x set aside, and use the T16000M instead for maneuvering. I've been planning to tear the hotas's stick apart and modify the base to make use of the stick's pots and knobs. I'm hesitative, though, because there's nothing wrong with the stick. Anyway, this is probably the cheapest way to get a working throttle.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni