Author Topic: Skuzzy looking for a replacement  (Read 3740 times)

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Skuzzy looking for a replacement
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
Don't trip over the cables.   :lol

Coogan

:rofl

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »
If there is anyone that is local to HTC and wants to get their foot in the door in an entry level position in the gaming industry, it would be a good idea to apply.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 09:07:21 PM »
I would love to, I would even move down from PA to take the job but I don't have the computer skills they are looking for. I lack experience with Windows 8, but I'm sure that I could do everything else on the list. Hell I worked at Walmart, I'm used to having pissed off customers scream at me.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 09:30:57 PM »
If there is anyone that is local to HTC and wants to get their foot in the door in an entry level position in the gaming industry, it would be a good idea to apply.

ack-ack
I live 30 min from the Mothership. But my computer skills are severely lacking. I can't coad.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 09:52:39 PM »
Okay we all know Im perfect for the job :aok

errrrrrrr no, joking or not :bhead
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »

errrrrrrr no, joking or not :bhead
Wow dude. you must really dislike me.  :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 11:53:35 PM »
I meet the requirements but am unfortunately not located in Texas. As Ack-Ack said, this will be a great opportunity for someone to get into the gaming world.

-Blu

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 11:56:10 PM »
It's one thing to offer things like that in your free time. It's another thing altogether doing it as a job.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 12:57:39 AM »
I'd jump at doing this as long as the salary was equal to or more than I get now.

I hear it gets real hot and humid in Texas though and they have ALOT of guns!    :uhoh
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 01:03:45 AM »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 03:26:30 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl :rofl

Maybe Skuzzy is having a final push on his Cobra  :rock
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 06:01:28 AM »
I took a gaming job back in 99/2000.  It was right at the beginning of the dot com boom, and the website I was content editor for was at the time the largest/busiest simulation site on the web, with around 30 mil page views, 1 million unique hosts/subs and several TB of data transferred every month.  It was a monster back then. 

Believe me, a job in the gaming industry is a LOT of work, and your "hobby" becoming your job isn't as easy as one might think, so I would advise anyone who applies for this job to take it very, very seriously, and that if you aren't already used to working at a desk 8 hours or more a day, you best be sure it's something you can do without going berserk.  As Ack Ack said, probably the best person to get advice from as he works in the gaming industry himself, and for one of the largest companies as well, it's a huge opportunity, but also consider that it'll be a huge responsibility, and not just a job where you'll be flying around shooting your customers down all day.  I think that the very fleeting appearances of Hitech, Skuzzy, and other staff at HTC in the mains probably speak volumes on how much time will be available to actually "play" this game.  Once you go home at night, I'll wager seeing another PC monitor or joystick will be the last thing you'll want to lay your eyes on.

That said, I hope they get a really good, capable person who is indeed a player, and a player that is very enthused about moving the game forward.  My spider sense is tingling with this job add, and it's telling me that new things will be on the horizon very soon, possibly AH 3, something like the old combat mission idea, or other major additions and improvements.  I also hope it's a sign that HTC's recent advertising campaign I've read about here, on the BBS from US players who get those TV commercials, has been a financial success.  I think that the reason AH has lasted so long is that the basic formula and foundation of the game is extremely sound, and that it has much potential still after 15 years almost to be "rebooted" so to speak, and improve greatly in terms of participation and subscribers. 

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 06:31:42 AM »

I hear it gets real hot and humid in Texas though and they have ALOT of guns!    :uhoh

The humidity in Dallas isn't as bad as Houston/SE Texas. "Real hot" doesn't begin to describe the summer months.  :devil

As for guns...yeah, there's a few, according to rumor.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »
I took a gaming job back in 99/2000.  It was right at the beginning of the dot com boom, and the website I was content editor for was at the time the largest/busiest simulation site on the web, with around 30 mil page views, 1 million unique hosts/subs and several TB of data transferred every month.  It was a monster back then.
It is a lot of work - Gman and I used to work for the same company and it was a mind-blowing amount of work - but it really it wasn't work because we had a lot of fun doing it - work hard play hard.

If I lived in Texas, I would be working for HTC - but I'd have the lads already retired out and owned by some billionaire who is bored... That way Hitech could own a REAL P-51D and Pyro could own a Sherman! ;)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 12:08:56 PM »
man this job sounds like fun.

to bad i dont live in texas anymore.

besides i never took the time to learn terrain and crap plus i have no clue to windows 5,6,7,or 8

i could answer phones. Please someone help there is this tool on the forums TROLLING. me: get  a smurfing life click. HAHAHA
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey