Author Topic: How to make the CT successful revisited from my previous post  (Read 843 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
How to make the CT successful revisited from my previous post
« on: December 12, 2001, 07:17:00 AM »
It just dawned on me that we also need to have a scoring system for those who fly the main for score tracking as well as the historical terrain that accompanies it.

Now, I understand alot don't give a rats paw about score, but some folks do, and some care about keeping talley on K/D, landed, captured, etc. etc.

If you want to see the CT populated each night with more than 50 people, I think that along with enabling capture(done already) you also need historical terrain and a scoring system.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Ripsnort ]

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2001, 09:57:00 AM »
I'd not only like to see a scoring system (we're working the issue, Rip), but I'd love to see a modified Perk-point system that would give you a bonus for kill streaks.  Reach 5 kills without being killed or captured, get 5 extra perks; reach 10 kills w/o death or capture, get 10 points, etc.  Maybe allow these to transfer to between arenas, to entice more people into the CT.  Just a thought.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
Historic terrain too.  Use the MA Baltic Map.  It might not have realistic base placement, but at least it's part of Europe and not some uterus or bovine looking lake.   ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2001, 10:14:00 AM »
I like that idea too Sabre.  Reward is a system used in just about every sim out there, reward of capture, score, perk point, medals, whatever...make folks WANT to fly in there.

Offline CRASH

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2001, 10:56:00 AM »
Excellent idea

Originally posted by Sabre:
I'd not only like to see a scoring system (we're working the issue, Rip), but I'd love to see a modified Perk-point system that would give you a bonus for kill streaks.  Reach 5 kills without being killed or captured, get 5 extra perks; reach 10 kills w/o death or capture, get 10 points, etc.  Maybe allow these to transfer to between arenas, to entice more people into the CT.  Just a thought.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2001, 10:58:00 AM »
IMO, any scoring system should be LESS gamey than the MA -- NO perk points or perk planes.  Just include the uber planes in the last day or two of the RPS.  I guarantee THAT will attract players from the MA.  In the interest of <cough> realism, reset everything except K/D when you die.

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: popeye ]
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Skysix1

• Zinc Member
      • http://sky610.tripod.com/skyssite/
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2001, 11:39:00 AM »
was sounding good till I heard that f'in perk word   :rolleyes:

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by Skysix1:
was sounding good till I heard that f'in perk word    :rolleyes:

Think of a perk as that of a medal you get in your offline games, except this medal for good deeds done does not sit in a drawer and collect dust, its a reward systemt that can be used.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2001, 01:30:00 PM »
Actually, the way the RPS worked was you start with a planeset and no perked AC.  Then some planes would get added, at a small perk.  Then when the set advanced, those became free and some more perked appeared.

edit:  without perks, please let me know when the Me262 will be available for the Axis planeset, because those are the days I will not be flying in the CT.  You'd have population alright, a bunch of Axis jets flying around for free with very few Allieds to shoot at.   ;)

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Nifty ]
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2001, 07:05:00 AM »
A vote for historical terrains, planesets, scoring (just like main), and perks.

Nothing seemed "gamier" to me than WarBirds on Jet Day in the RPS.   I'd rather have the 262 remain a frightening and rare sight.

Offline Skysix1

• Zinc Member
      • http://sky610.tripod.com/skyssite/
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2001, 07:43:00 AM »
If they use a limited planeset (4-6 planes on each side) for the period/area they are trying to recreate or create.  The planes would be all pretty equal.  This way perk points arent needed.  
If one of the planes in the set is used way too much and/or was rare for the period then maybe it would only be available at 1 airfield in the "rear" and maybe in limited numbers or only if that airfield is at 100% or something?  
Sorry i just don't like perk points    :D
Just my opinion

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Skysix1 ]