Author Topic: Place Your Bets  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Place Your Bets
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2013, 12:03:09 PM »
I hope you know that the American planeset is the furthest behind over all countries. Here's what I have off the top of my head, most likely missed a few for each country.

SBD
F4F
B26
FM2
TBM

German airplanes that need to be updated:
JU-88
AR-234

Japanese planes that need to be updated:

Ki-67
Ki-61

British planes that need to be updated:

Boston III
Tempest

If anything we should catch up on updating the 'Murica planes before we do anything else.
By that number I think the Japanese come out as furthest behind as their four (you left off the B5N and D3A) make up a far larger percentage of their planeset than the five American units.  You also biased your numbers by listing the F4F and FM2 separately and listing the Bf110C-4b and Bf110G-2 as a single line. You also left the Me163 off the list.  At least your American and British lists were accurate.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 12:41:16 PM »
I hope you know that the American planeset is the furthest behind over all countries. Here's what I have off the top of my head, most likely missed a few for each country.

SBD
F4F
B26
FM2
TBM

JU-88
AR-234
Me-163 :D

Ki-67
Ki-61

Boston III
Tempest

If anything we should catch up on updating the 'Murica planes before we do anything else.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 12:43:53 PM »
By that number I think the Japanese come out as furthest behind as their four (you left off the B5N and D3A) make up a far larger percentage of their planeset than the five American units.  You also biased your numbers by listing the F4F and FM2 separately and listing the Bf110C-4b and Bf110G-2 as a single line. You also left the Me163 off the list.  At least your American and British lists were accurate.

Like I said, it was off the top of my head and I more than likely missed a few. :rolleyes:

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2013, 12:49:59 PM »
Where are the fanbois at? I know Tank-ace can't be the only luftwobble fanboi here.... wth did everyone quit?

/you know its bad when I vote two axis rides lol
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2013, 01:13:11 PM »
Where are the fanbois at? I know Tank-ace can't be the only luftwobble fanboi here.... wth did everyone quit?

/you know its bad when I vote two axis rides lol
I saw a bunch of ridiculous Fw190 posts.  Does that count?

Many people seem to be interpreting the OPs question not as what they think HTC is actually going to add next but rather as what do they want HTC to add next.  Only an idiot would  think that a new Fw190 is likely to be the next new unit added as the Fw190s are 1) already at AH2 graphics level and 2) HTC has never shown an inclination to add a unit to a unit family outside of its update window.

If I wanted to be an RAF/Mossie fanboi I'd have said Mosquito Mk XVIII or Mosquito Mk 30, but I'd be wrong about what HTC is likely to add.  Fanboism is highly unlikely to produce an accurate answer to the OP's question.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2013, 01:17:11 PM »
I saw a bunch of ridiculous Fw190 posts.  Does that count?

Many people seem to be interpreting the OPs question not as what they think HTC is actually going to add next but rather as what do they want HTC to add next.  Only an idiot would  think that a new Fw190 is likely to be the next new unit added as the Fw190s are 1) already at AH2 graphics level and 2) HTC has never shown an inclination to add a unit to a unit family outside of its update window.

If I wanted to be an RAF/Mossie fanboi I'd have said Mosquito Mk XVIII or Mosquito Mk 30, but I'd be wrong about what HTC is likely to add.  Fanboism is highly unlikely to produce an accurate answer to the OP's question.

Hey ill take a Mossy Mk 30, anything to fly at 25k and haunt Me-410s and buffs.
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2013, 01:25:29 PM »
Hey ill take a Mossy Mk 30, anything to fly at 25k and haunt Me-410s and buffs.
Mossie 30 is my personal most wanted aircraft.  I would so love to have a Mossie fighter with high blown engines to go bomber hunting with.  I am not positive what my personal #2 and #3 most wanted aircraft are, but my #1 is definitely a bull nosed Mossie 30.

I just don't think HTC is going to add it in the next version, so it isn't the answer to the OP's question.  :p
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2013, 03:32:03 PM »
Mossie 30 is my personal most wanted aircraft.  I would so love to have a Mossie fighter with high blown engines to go bomber hunting with.  I am not positive what my personal #2 and #3 most wanted aircraft are, but my #1 is definitely a bull nosed Mossie 30.

I just don't think HTC is going to add it in the next version, so it isn't the answer to the OP's question.  :p

Ever since you had me research it ive been wanting it (That and fact I tried to intercept a B-24 raid at 24k and could barely catch them). Some reason I never had much interest in trying to fly the mossy, I can fly a 38 just fine - but if the 30 gets added I'd want to learn it.

Maybe this tour or the next ill devote some time in the mossy, I dunno it just feels opposite to what a 38 feels like, just never could get it down other then to farm perks (and usually end up dead).
JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2013, 07:27:50 PM »

SBD
F4F
B26
FM2
TBM

JU-88
AR-234

Ki-67
Ki-61

Boston III
Tempest

Skorpx, that's for updated graphics, not holes in the plane set. What I'm saying is that it would kill two birds with one stone. Three, actually.

1) We get an F4F-3
2) We get updated graphics
3) the "'Murica!!!" crowd will shut up for a bit.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2013, 09:22:56 PM »
What's the longest a plane has been asked for?

What do you think the reason is it has been wished for so long and yet not ever delivered?

I'm not saying it has the longest wishlist history, but in doing research on the J2M I've run across it in wishlist and other types of threads for over 10 years.

There is a reason it gets skipped over, seems we just don't know why.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:41:47 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2013, 09:40:20 PM »

What you the reason it has been wished for so long and yet not ever delivered lead you to believe?

I'm not saying it has the longest wishlist history, but in doing research on the J2M I've run across it in wishlist and other types of threads for over 10 years.

A-26
Beaufighter
I had a third but am now COMPLETELY blank
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2013, 09:54:43 PM »

What do you think the reason is it has been wished for so long and yet not ever delivered?

Most players I Don't think even bother reading the wishlist forum, reality is most seem to play in the MA more then go requesting stuff on the wishlist because many don't have the knowledge (my theory). I'm not saying new players don't have the knowledge, rather many would have no clue what a J2M is unless they read up on World war two or even played another world war two game. Not everyone who plays had Heavy knowledge of World war two, maybe some did - but given its the usual same people on the wishlist forum, there's a reason its not being swamped with new stuff. Usually its the same new guys requesting the P-80 or something to that effect.

I don't think it gets skipped over, rather I believe HTC Just simply cannot add everything at once. Maybe it takes a long time to develop a plane, new terrain, new features - Aces high is in a constant state of evolve, I bet HTC wishes he could hire someone to do the modeling and such for him, maybe money is a reason.
I wouldn't believe anything gets skipped over just because it doesn't get voted, I'm sure Hitech wants to do many things to the game and he simply doesn't have the time or money to invest in it right away.

Eventually it will come, assuming the game doesn't die first or HTC retire.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:56:15 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2013, 02:52:58 AM »
Sparviero.  :D

Offline jedi25

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2013, 10:49:43 AM »
Forget about the new planes, how about some new and updated terrains, more strategic targets to bomb..

I want to do more anti-shipping sorties..sinking convoys and getting reward for the tonnage of ship sunks.. :devil

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2013, 02:50:17 PM »
Sparviero.  :D
Thats a wish i havent hear :O
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle